ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Suggestions
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 19, 20, 21  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X
View previous topic :: View next topic  
G14Classified
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I see,what you mean with other floors on top of the map not being visible. Well how about like Zoinkity said raise the walls beyond the height of the ramps and maybe put a ceiling on those levels where you should see rooms above you kind of like the entry way of the Original aztec level. Just throwing in some ideas.

But yes I understand in the spirit of it being a test level to not fiddle with it too much.

Hehe yeah about my avatar, photoshoped it myself. Hopefully some inspiration for you guys to throw in some easter eggs in Goldeneye X in the future.

adult image sharing

Wouldn't mind seeing that Fat FU^% running around the levels in a moonraker jumpsuit guns blazing!

Edit: I took some time to play and semi memorize the level and had not noticed that the interior on the ramp resembles a prehispanic pyramid... Had to show you guys had what a great potential potential the level has for flavor.

Please reconsider =S
They don't call it Citadel for nothing, right?

MultiplayerX

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

hell yea dewd Wink fat b*stard that's awesome Wink

AL64inthedark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

For GE, we only played "Licence to kill" and for PD I used setting of health that could kill you with one headshot, but would require a bit more on the body (can't remember now).

Since Body armor was useless in this mode in Goldeneye, I imagined back then it would be cool if taking one in License to kill would instead give you a hat. Like the one I wear on my avatar or a beret.
You would keep it on head until someone shoot it. If you die from a shot in the bum, you would respawn with it until it was shot.

That would have been fun and looks cool.
I leave that here, but understanding a few of what you can and can't do, it would probably be impossible to do that. Wink That's supposed you would care about such a feature lol

fantsu

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Option for iron sights aiming when you aim.

zoinkity

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wouldn't iron sights seriously complicate doubles?

Trevor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Great point.
I dont think Ive seen a modern FPS with doubles Razz

It would require logic to detect if double or not.
If NOT double then ironsight( Move gun to pos etc) else use classic (show aimer... or not Razz)

That sounds simple, but heh, I bet its really complicated to tie it into PDs structure.

Id prefere to see such a project as a simple PD mod first before people considered it for GEX

Trev

P.S. Sorry AL64inthedark, just seen your suggestion, Call it Hat Tag hahaha.
Pretty cool, but yeah, probably not going to happen.
Hats dont hurt and dont fall off dead bodies.
So, while its on, youd need to double tap the head, if you miss the hat then its not going to fall off.

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Oh, I'd really rather you didn't put iron sights (aiming down sights) in. I know it's more realistic than the Goldeneye zoom-in method, but I much prefer the latter, and I don't care about realism. If you wanted to make Goldeneye X realistic, then you'd have to make it so you:

- could only use one weapon at a time and not two (seriously, does anyone in real life, soldier or civilian, have a gun in either hand when they are in a situation that requires accurate shots?),

-can only carry two or three weapons, and much more limited ammunition, instead of every weapon you find in that level,

-when you reload a weapon then you lose the ammunition that was in the weapon pre-reload,

- have to bend down and physically pick up weapons and ammunition instead of it magically appearing in your inventory when you touch them with your feet,

and more features that are realistic but make the game much less enjoyable to play. Goldeneye and Perfect Dark aren't realistic and aren't meant to be. Playablitity is immeasurably more important than realism, I think.

fantsu

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Someone over here already did some iron sights in PD already.
It just have to be "perfect-ed".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEue1pJhyRs

Bringing it in as an option is a must, since not everyone prefers it.

MRKane

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Is it possible also to modernize the sniper aiming? It's one of the hardest things to use for me, and more recent shooters (that don't do things in screenspace) are substantially easier to control Smile

Trevor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

With regard to the sniper scope... Id hate to loose variable zoom.

Modern games dont allow variable zoom and its so anoying. Scopes do have a zoom bell.

Other than the variable zoom, I cant see what else is dificult about snipers, so I can only guess you mean the variable.

trev

MRKane

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry I meant the ability to control the target reticule over the screen, and the view would only move when the reticule got to the edges. I much prefer it if the reticule stays locked to the center so every movement is a "character pivot" if you will.

As for variable zoom: KEEP IT!!! I don't know why games haven't had it since UT'99!

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

fantsu wrote:
Someone over here already did some iron sights in PD already.
It just have to be "perfect-ed".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEue1pJhyRs

Bringing it in as an option is a must, since not everyone prefers it.

Wow! PD looks great without the HUD - I wish that was an option in the game.

Look how it says in the comments

"check your message and i will send you link where the codes are at. follw the instructions and they should work seamlesly."

Why not just post the codes on the video's web page? You know, so that anyone who wants them can instantly get them.

Anyway, google shows the codes are on this forum!

http://www.shootersforever.com/forums_message_boards/viewtopic.php?t=4293

http://jul.rustedlogic.net/thread.php?id=8256

MRKane wrote:
Is it possible also to modernize the sniper aiming? It's one of the hardest things to use for me, and more recent shooters (that don't do things in screenspace) are substantially easier to control Smile

I don't mind that, but I could live without it, so I wish that either Rare hadn't implemented it, or had it as an option along with "Lock the crosshairs to the centre of the screen at all times", especially since lots of people do detest the Goldeneye/Perfect Dark way of aiming in sniper mode, so much so that they can't play Timesplitters 2, which copied GE/PD's way of doing it.

Trevor wrote:
With regard to the sniper scope... Id hate to loose variable zoom.

Modern games dont allow variable zoom and its so anoying. Scopes do have a zoom bell.

trev

I know, it's not difficult to implement, yet most sniping games either go from no-zoom to full-zoom, or have two or three zoom levels that you cycle through. GE and PD do it properly, and the ability to alter the zoom-level in analogue fashion not only gives you more ability to examine a situation (which to be fair, isn't needed in GE and PD really) but more importantly it makes you feel in control, and so adds to the immersion.

It's just one more thing that's been lost to modern first person shooters. Along with exploration, the requirement to do some (small amount of) thinking (since nowadays games' objectives are signposted for you), the ability to experiment with weapons (since nowadays you can only carry two or three weapons, so you tend to stick to a short range shotgun, a long range sniping weapon, and if you can carry a third weapon than you tend to choose one that has lots of freely available ammunition), and a sense of each game being different. Crying or Very sad

Trevor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Just to point out that that video thats linked above does NOT show iron sights.

All it shows is No HUD and Zoom on pistols.

I do happen to remember an image of PD iron Sights... let me see if I can find it...

Ok cant find it.

Refrence Image of real iron sights:

Iron Sights actually require the gun to be positioned centrally on screen. in the video, its still positioned off to the right.

Trev

Last edited by Trevor on Sat Mar 14, 2015 8:19 am; edited 1 time in total

MRKane

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wouldn't the world be tilted clockwise with the players head? Wink hehehe

Ok - I'm just being a bastard, but we did try it in BMR and it was the most disorienting thing ever!

mistamontiel

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

THANK ye Trev

Ya I love the OllLlLdys guy but that vid ain't squat ! And then heaps of write-up for .. zoom Rolling Eyes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 15 of 21

Jump to: