ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Suggestions
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

So... it's the Golden Gun model, made with a platinum skin, which fires Phoenix-like Explosive Shells? I can't seem to find images of this online, and don't own the game. It could be utilized as a bonus weapon, as we do still have slots left over. I'd like to see it in action before trying it.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

zoinkity

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hah! The harpoon from TWINE would be funny ;*) Only thing from that game that can clearly remember.
There's always the Thunderball too (hacked briefcase bomb to use the multi-room explosion from Silo), which is also a partial TWINE crossover. Solves the issue of campers to be sure.

Of the strange gameplay modes in other Bond titles was rather fond of the one where two players explode if they nearly touch. Could possibly be implemented as a global action block too.
Scoring based on accuracy * shots fired is always a possibility and rather simple to implement.

(The debug menu was a bit of an inside joke ;*)

connery as bond
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
So... it's the Golden Gun model, made with a platinum skin, which fires Phoenix-like Explosive Shells? I can't seem to find images of this online, and don't own the game. It could be utilized as a bonus weapon, as we do still have slots left over. I'd like to see it in action before trying it.

Correct, same model with a platinum skin. I believe the explosions are bigger than the Phoenix ones. Let me find a YouTube video...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trXgqpeSRLU

Not the best quality video but it gives you an idea - it's more the size of a grenade explosion. Definitely an overpowered gun, although unlocking it in EON was made difficult. But for balancing purposes, I would go the same way as the Golden Gun and only give it a one-round chamber instead of the ten round magazine they gave it in EON. Perhaps the cheat would unlock after getting all golds at the Q-Branch firing range or something.
- Mt. Hochkonig
- TBA

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Seems like that may be fun enough, and makes use of the Explosive Shells capability (which we can adjust to change explosive sizes, if necessary). Ten rounds at that size of an explosion may be overkill, but with the little ones normally found in PD, it would be alright. I may try adding it tonight, can tweak at another time. Good suggestion.

G14Classified
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Mm yeah Not sure about that platinum gun, feel it cheapens the experience and diminishes the value of the Golden Gun, as a matter of fact the 1 thing I did not like about the original Goldeneye was the golden and silver PP7's because of the same reasons above.

Always felt like a cheap cheat, but who knows, it might be fun on MP.

I did want to take an opportunity, and share one of the aspects of perfect dark that always bothered me, that is the way explosives work on PD, the way explosions do not clip like they used to on GE. Below an example,

They nailed it on GE, then really messed up the explosions on PD, the epicenter of the explosion suddenly floats. Wonder if that can be fixed or if anybody even noticed that?

Also is it possible to bring the shrapnel back?

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

[quote="zoinkity"]
Of the strange gameplay modes in other Bond titles was rather fond of the one where two players explode if they nearly touch. Could possibly be implemented as a global action block too.[quote]

I don't remember that, what game was it from?

Quote:

Scoring based on accuracy * shots fired is always a possibility and rather simple to implement.

That could be interesting. I have wished in the past that Perfect Dark had a 'Headshot' only option in multiplayer, so that non-headshots did no harm at all (it would be good for improving the player's accuracy). Failing that, an option whereby only headshots score a point, even if non-headshots do kill, would be good.

Or to take it to it's logical conclusion, a mode whereby you lose a point for every bullet you fire, except:

1. If the bullet hits an arm or leg then you gain a point instead of losing one,

2. If the bullet hits a torso you gain three points instead of losing one,

3. If the bullet hits a head then you gain fifteen point instead of losing one,

4. If the bullet kills then the value you get from the bullet is multiplied by three (so forty-five if it's a headshot, three is it's an arm or leg-shot).

but if your bullet hits an ally, then you lose three times the value (i.e. you lose forty-five if it's a headshot, three is it's an arm or leg-shot

It might be interesting, but I don't think I'd be too keen personally.

connery as bond
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

G14Classified wrote:
Mm yeah Not sure about that platinum gun, feel it cheapens the experience and diminishes the value of the Golden Gun, as a matter of fact the 1 thing I did not like about the original Goldeneye was the golden and silver PP7's because of the same reasons above.

Always felt like a cheap cheat, but who knows, it might be fun on MP.

I definitely think that if it's balanced properly, it would be a great weapon for multiplayer. The biggest thing would be trying to make sure it isn't overpowered... which is the biggest complaint with using the Golden PP7. At least with the Golden Gun you only had one shot.
- Mt. Hochkonig
- TBA

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I have the model made (Golden Gun from GE-X reskinned with the more silvery texture) and the weapon implemented in the ROM. It is working, but we'd need to determine what we'd do for explosion size, ammo count, and fire rate. If the explosion is large, you would want less bullets per magazine. If the explosions are smaller, you can have more rounds. I thought something like regular Phoenix style with about five bullets could be a good balance between EON and PD.

connery as bond
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
I have the model made (Golden Gun from GE-X reskinned with the more silvery texture) and the weapon implemented in the ROM. It is working, but we'd need to determine what we'd do for explosion size, ammo count, and fire rate. If the explosion is large, you would want less bullets per magazine. If the explosions are smaller, you can have more rounds. I thought something like regular Phoenix style with about five bullets could be a good balance between EON and PD.

I think the explosions should be slightly larger than the Phoenix's. Would making the firing rate resemble the rocket/grenade launcher be the sort of feeling we're going for? I like the idea of the five round magazine.
- Mt. Hochkonig
- TBA

Trevor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

To resemble the GL or RPG would make collecting it not so rewarding.

I have to agree on pheonix style of both speed and power. The pheonix was a balanced weapon that had more powerfull oponants but at a lower rate of fire.

The other option might be to have it the same as the GoldenGun in that its got 1 shot and kills in one, but with added explosion to ingure nearby enemys.

I guess Im saying either have it as just a special weapon, or have it really powerfull, but one shot, but not just another GL or RPG.
Speaking of which, the RPG is single shot too, so in a sence, this statistic is already taken, bringing me back to pheonix.

Trev

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The sims were a real pain with the Phoenix heh. It seems like this weapon is a golden gun that tolerates misses with splash damage. Admittedly that seems like it takes away the ability of someone with lesser weapons to handle them a bit.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I haven't really considered putting it in multiplayer as of yet, but as a bonus weapon in the mission campaign with a cheat option (all guns). Kind of like how PD originally didn't let the GE classics be selected in multi.

Yeah, I am leaning towards being more like the Phoenix than anything else. Explosions the same size as a grenade or rocket makes using the GL or RL less appealing. And when you compare the two special PP7's to each other, each is unique. One kills in one shot, while the other is decently powerful and can penetrate through objects. The Platinum Gun therefore should not kill in one shot, but the explosive tipped bullets inflict higher than standard damage, and the fire continues to injure those near it.

connery as bond
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
The Platinum Gun therefore should not kill in one shot, but the explosive tipped bullets inflict higher than standard damage, and the fire continues to injure those near it.

I think that sounds like a good balance. Can't wait to see it in action!
- Mt. Hochkonig
- TBA

zoinkity

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hmm, what would happen if the thing could penetrate walls like a farsight but still was tagged to do explosions on contact? How many explosions would it set off?

Trevor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Haha, nice one zoinkity.

I suppose it depends on how ridiculus you want the magic bullet.

In theory, any exploding bullet will stop there since the explosion would rip it appart into tiny, High Velocity Low Kinetic energy peices.

But, you could say, goes through objects and / or 1 wall and then explodes.
The risk of Freindly Fire increases and makes the gun really odd to use.

Meh, in the end probably better just a pheonix (though I do like Zoinks idea, just for fun)

Trev

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 18 of 21

Jump to: