ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Suggestions
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 19, 20, 21  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Is this just something from the original game that has, over time, started to become irritating to you? The death tune is one of the iconic parts of GE. If somebody would create something along the lines of what you're suggesting and it fits in fine, than we could maybe try it.

mistamontiel

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

In the .usf set

315 - Multiplayer Death (beta).miniusf

Thundera8589
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I have a minor suggestion. Not sure if it's possible but I was wondering for Living Daylights scenario can something be done so that once you acquire the flag instead of being armed (or unarmed) with a weapon it switches to the player having the Flag on instead of a weapon? Then players if they want can change to a weapon they have in their arsenal. Just to make the scenario more similar to how it was in GoldenEye make it more closer to the original game and to make it more interesting if players are playing a game of slappers only or just want to create a game with a rule that players who acquire the flag have to stay with it on until how long they can last with it. I don't think something like this should be hard to implement in the mod.

Edit: Two more suggestions added.

1) No Reload Animation Gameshark code - I just thought that how some players may want to play GE-X with how it was in the older patches without reload animations. This way at least GE-X will have a gameshark code in existence that could be fun and worthwile for anyone who would love to play closer to the original GE game.

2) Body Armor setup / New Weapon Set - I was wondering since Wreck brought up in the past that it's possible to setup body armors inside each map with their designated locations. As an idea, what if the body armor is setup this way for all maps in VR and then slots 5 and 6 become special interest slots. For example, recreate hte original pistols weapon set of 3 dostoveis, 3 pp7 silenced and 2 cougar magnums, Slots 5 and 6 would be where the extra Dostoveri and PP7 silenced would be but those locations would not be where the body armor spots are in the maps that would be already loaded with body armor setup in them. Then for the Golden Gun weapon set slot 5 would be pp7silenced and slot 6 the Golden Gun and slot 4 could be a disabled or nothing slot to shuffle around the Golden Gun and PP7 to their locations where they should be like in the og game.

Perhaps this could be an alternate patch for GE-X or another Gameshark code if that's possible.

Also what would happen with the "Random Five" weapon set could be removed since there is no need to have two different types of Rnadom weapon sets on the list.. Alternatively, Random Five weapon set can be replaced with a brand new weapon set that consists of some of the most newest weapons on the list. ie. Seeker, Platinum Gun, Phantom, Rudolph, Cloaking Device, and Infrared Viewer. Of course the weapon set would have to have a unique name like "Exotics 2" or "Oddballs". Again their would be no need for Body Armor inside the weapon sets as they would be loaded onto the maps already.

This could made for either an alternate patch named like GE-X Red Edition or as a gameshark code. Another way would be is having this as an alternate patch for GE-X and create a gameshark code that would remove the body armors from all maps in VR. All of this of course would be done once the original GE-X mod is finalized.

What do you guys think?

Edit 2: Actually you know what, ignore the second suggestion. I totally forgot the body armor behaves differently when it is used as an item on the weapon set than being apart of a map setup. In LTK if you get body armor you can take an extra shot and live. I don't think that would be the case if the body armor is setup with a VR map. Also the behavior of the body armor when using a scenario like Living Daylights would probably not work like it's intended to.

G14Classified
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I also have a suggestion regarding this screen

Perhaps it can be changed to match something more like this

maybe using a black static overlay, and some sort of alpha channel for rifling grooves and using some slow rotating texture underneath.

SATURN_81
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hello I would like to suggest for this new patch the return of the green blood to Elton (Elvis). I hope this does not require too much work.

Merry Christmas to all.

Gamma
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Does goldeneye x add all new guns? I think oddjobs hat, monkey gun from timesplitters, baseball bat from timesplitters and a smoke grenade would be fun. Are smoke grenades possible? Thanks.

AL64inthedark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I think smoke grenades have already been discussed. If I remember well, people said that we cannot do this in another way than erasing the explosions.

Maybe there's been improvements tho. I sure would like to add Smoke grenade inside a map, for SWAT entering a building chasing the player.

Thundera8589
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It just came to me. Now that the weapon sets have been reformatted and appear different in the weapon select screen I think it makes sense to rename the weapon sets to how they were in GE, eh.

For example, Sniper Rifle was acceptable before cause you'd only see it listed once in the weapon setup menu. Now seeing it twice in the setup menu means the weapon set should be changed to Sniper Rifles as it was in GE. The Golden Gun weapon set name holds a lot more merit now than before since now it only occupies one slot on the weapon setup menu. Also the pick up line needs to be changed to "The Golden Gun" as opposed to "a Golden Gun". Laser should be changed to "Lasers" since now it occupies two slots as opposed to one. Gernade Launcher can be changed to "Grenade Launchers" for the exact reason. Rocket Launcher can be changed to "Rocket Launchers" or how it was seen in GE as just "Rockets" for the same reason. Now the rest of the weapon sets make more sense to be consistent with each other naming wise since those are shown more than once in the special weapon slots. Knives already has it's name corrected since it shows knives used filling up the weapon setup menu. It doesn't need to be named "Throwing Knives" since the knives here both throw and slash like the Hunting knife in GE.

So now that the weapons for those specific weapon sets appear more than once in the setup menu it makes more sense that are more consistent with the others. Those weapon sets being Sniper Riles, Lasers, Grenade Launchers, and Rockets (I personally think just "Rockets" sounds more awesome).

HackBond

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

G14Classified wrote:
I also have a suggestion regarding this screen

Perhaps it can be changed to match something more like this

maybe using a black static overlay, and some sort of alpha channel for rifling grooves and using some slow rotating texture underneath.

Eh I disagree, while that would be cool it would be more fitting for the main menu to be displayed from the Watch. Considering Johanna's eye piece retracts and puts you into the Carrington Institute it would make more sense for the Watch to go away and show the MI6 building

Thundera8589
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

How about recreating the man with the golden gun duel scene for the duel mission? Have Scaramanga as a new character and replace the guard with scaramanga and give the scaramanga cpu controlled character the Golden Gun and the player carry the PP7. The setting in jungle is fine as it's the closest look from the location of the film since they were near the forest.

On Agent have Scaramanga with the Golden Gun and once you win you pick it up. Then on Secret Agent have Scaramanga with the PP7 and the player with the Golden Gun. And on 00 Agent have both with the Golden Gun I suppose. It can still be titled "The Duel" with the subtitle of - "The Man with The Golden Gun". And the portrait picture should be changed to the side by side picture of Scaramanga and 007 facing away from each other from the film.

Would be cool if beating the Duel mission in a target time is how you unlock the Golden Gun for solo mission. What are all your thoughts?

Lazlo52
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thundera8589 wrote:
What are all your thoughts?

That sounds pretty cool, I like making reference to the other works. It's definitely within the realm of possibility. I know there are ways to take away and give weapons to the player. Really just needs a way to spice up the 00 Agent challenge.

Oh, and on another point, I found a couple actions the team should have use for. PD still has the player pickups check and the Cuba circular camera. Though, I don't know if the zooming part was taken out or I imagined it. Here's an excerpt from my ini file, in case no one else found them, yet.

Code:
<00F4>
00F4.XXXX.YYYY.ZZZZ.UUUU.VVVV.WWWW Cuba circular camera.
X: lateral distance away from target
Y: vertical distance from target
Z: rate of spin
U: pad used as focus point for angle
V: offset to y axis, relative to pad
W: inital rotation, relative to pad
Because the camera focuses directly on the pad, V and W offset the camera's focus relative to the pad. It is as though you
moved the pad itself that much.
X and Y set the camera's distance from the pad while focusing on the point.

<00F8>
00F8.##.RR If pickups disabled for player ID #, return RR.
The first byte is a guard ID, but all players get pickups disabled if any player does, so it should default to F8.

Oh, and 00F3 (make invincible) disables player pickups, too.

Thundera8589
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The disabled pickup feature sounds like something useful for a possible "The Man with the Golden Gun" scenario from the original GE game. If you know any possible way to make the flag/briefcase token change to use the Golden Gun weapon ID and have it function like the flag in Living Daylights, I know someone who you may be of very interest to speak to.

Going back to the Duel mission. I was also think that since the stage is already in jungle why not change the music to use "Perimeter" since it was an unused track in GE007. The current Duel music is from one of PD's soundtracks is it not? I also think it sounds too upbeat for such a sudden death mood. I have to see that Duel scene from the film again. I also think that since Bond changes his appearance throughout the missions why not change Bond to the Roger Moore Bond for this mission only.

Trevor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This sounds like a great idea, however I think you have secret agent and agent mixed up.

So, I just played Duel again and remembered that on 00 it plays Agent and Secret too and that each difficulty is a different guard - so this idea changes this aspect.

However I still like the idea of a story driven bonus rather than just a duel with random people.
Therefor Im more inclined to lean toward the Scaramanga Duel with progressive weapons.
Although remember also that ammo counts and pickups remain so maybe have something like

Both PPK --> Scara GG (100% health), Bond PPK --> Bond GG, Scara PPK + Cloak (200% health)

My reasoning here is that Bond has only 1% health so GG or PPK makes no difference except for fire-rate and the cloak is because in MWTGG Scara kept hiding after loosing his GG.

Trev

Thundera8589
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I have to admit I like your ideas as well. Add the changes that I suggested and yours with different ammo and whatnot. I like how you made the cloaking device apart of the mission. Maybe once the Duel begins he becomes invisible?

kandriod
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

What if there was a harpoon weapon like Thunderball? Or the camera gun from license to kill, when picked up that particular camera gun becomes unusable by other players like the movie. The latter would be an optional way to nerf tazer.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 20 of 21

Jump to: