ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

My N64 just died[UPDATE] It Lives!!!!!!!!!!!!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Console Workshop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PaRaDoX

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:33 pm    Post subject: My N64 just died[UPDATE] It Lives!!!!!!!!!!!! Reply with quote Back to top

I don't know if I should put this here or not but I am very saddened that my 64 has died.I have had it since I was 7 or 8 (I'm going to be 17 now so almost 10 years).Now I can't play PD anymore(I still can with pj64 but its not the same).The thing just won't turn on, I tried reconnecting the power outlet adapter(or whatever it's called) but nothing.There does seem to be alot of dust in the console but there's no way of cleaning it, or is there?I don't know how but can anyone give me suggestions on what I could do to make it work again?Really desperate to get it fixed

Last edited by PaRaDoX on Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:08 am; edited 1 time in total

DK25
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That sucks D:
Try blowing inside the N64 where you put the game at. MAKE SURE YOUR BREATH IS COMPLETELY DRY FIRST.
Wink

acceptable67

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah. I posted that my N64 broke a few months ago, but an edit and said "IT LIVES Very Happy".

That really sucks though man. I've had mine for around the same time. You can do what Sonadow said. That's what I recommend.

PS: Thank god for emulators.

All the best,

Spencer

PaRaDoX

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I don't think its where I put the cartridge that's the prob.It kjust won't turn on.Not even the "power" light turns on Sad

and yes: thank God for emulators but still

acceptable67

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If not even the power light will turn on, something is definitely wrong.

HackBond

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

To BGS's N64

The best thing he probably owned.

Cheers

**Raises up a beer glass**

[Decoy] Antenna | Control | Silo | Escape

acceptable67

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Cheers.

DK25
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Aha, my reset button will not work, so possibly, it is just the switch is messed up. I do not how to fix that problem, but try and wiggle around the switch because my switch stopped working temporarily.

radorn

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

when you say it doesn't turn on, what do you mean eaxactly?
power led doesn't light on?
there's no video?
when you turn it on, do you see any "flash" on screen? you know, a split second of "interences" on screen when you turn on the console, even if nothing happens after it.

fantsu

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

no power?
Then it is your ac adaptor, just buy new one.
they are cheap. it doesn't have to be nintendos own one, just take your old adaptor to your local shop and get the same kind (the plug must be identical, and check the voltage also).
the old one is probably burned inside and cant be fixed anymore.
you could try it (adaptor) with someone others n64 if you know people that still have those, if it (adaptor) works that way then go to option B.

option B: there is only one other option here, and it is the power switch.
you could try to open your n64 and check that out, that switch can be replaced with any other on/off switch if you don't mind the looks. I just don't think that it is the switch in your case. the switches usually broke slow. wiggling them usually fixes the problem for a while, they just wear off gradually. power adaptors on the otherhand go with an instant. it depends where you are from if you need some smoldering skills or not.

haven't been using real N64 for an long time, but I think it has that square 6 pin connector right? that old one can be changed to some other AC easily.

acceptable67

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sonadow wrote:
Aha, my reset button will not work, so possibly, it is just the switch is messed up. I do not how to fix that problem, but try and wiggle around the switch because my switch stopped working temporarily.

My reset button never worked. Just a common N64 bug, I don't mind it.

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hm if nothing works at all ill go buy one from ether Ebay or Amazon thats your best bet and i thing thay cost at less 30 to 60 bucks for one so that cheep.

DK25
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I was talking about the power switch, not the reset button.
Shocked 30-60 dollars is a lot of money for me. I'm poor, that's why I no console newr than my N64.

PaRaDoX

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

radorn wrote:
when you say it doesn't turn on, what do you mean eaxactly?
power led doesn't light on?
there's no video?
when you turn it on, do you see any "flash" on screen? you know, a split second of "interences" on screen when you turn on the console, even if nothing happens after it.

Nothing happens when I turn it on.I'll let you guys know like in a few weeks(64 is at my grandma's and we go there like once a week)

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
I was talking about the power switch, not the reset button.
30-60 dollars is a lot of money for me. I'm poor, that's why I no console newr than my N64.

Thats way to much for you Sonadow? But we are poor to so i understand

Quote:
Nothing happens when I turn it on.I'll let you guys know like in a few weeks(64 is at my grandma's and we go there like once a week)

Well ok but i hope it works for you.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Console Workshop All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: