ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

My N64 just died[UPDATE] It Lives!!!!!!!!!!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Console Workshop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EternallyAries

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I can imagine it lol Laughing.

PaRaDoX

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That is exactly what happened, I got scared too cause I was totally concentrating on the thing and then blam!

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Lol

El Cazador
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

not sure if this was already covered on the previous pages of the topic, but it shouldn't be too expensive to replace. The majority of the money you'd spend would be on the expansion pack, controllers and games. But seeing as how you should already have all that stuff it won't be very expensive to replace. Alot of comic book stores carry old game systems, dimples has em, or you can always go the quick route and try yahoo or craigslist.. You'll be back to GE in no time.. RIP your 64..

acceptable67

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

BGS wrote:
That is exactly what happened, I got scared too cause I was totally concentrating on the thing and then blam!

LMAO!

zoinkity

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sonadow wrote:
That sucks D:
Try blowing inside the N64 where you put the game at. MAKE SURE YOUR BREATH IS COMPLETELY DRY FIRST.
Wink

I'm sorry, but that's one of the funniest things I've ever heard on here. KooDOS.

You could always try finding one of Nintendo's repair locations. I don't think you get free N64 repairs now, but they still do repairs and replacements cheap. I doubt it would run over $20 on the high end.

PaRaDoX

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well I somehow got it to start working again!Out of desperation I just blew in the vents and shaked the console and it starter working o.0.Next thing I did was put the PD cartridge in and start playing xD

acceptable67

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

BGS wrote:
Well I somehow got it to start working again!Out of desperation I just blew in the vents and shaked the console and it starter working o.0.Next thing I did was put the PD cartridge in and start playing xD

Wow. That's miraculous Razz

radorn

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

actually, I have heard of many people that had their N64 revive months later after being declared defunct.
It never happened to me with the N64, but before I had it, I had a classic gameboy. One day I dropped it and it stopped working and then some days later it worked perfectly again.

PaRaDoX

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

radorn wrote:
actually, I have heard of many people that had their N64 revive months later after being declared defunct.
It never happened to me with the N64, but before I had it, I had a classic gameboy. One day I dropped it and it stopped working and then some days later it worked perfectly again.

Imagine they where programmed to do so, to trick us into buying a new one hahaha

oldyz

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

the n64 has 4 big problems

the power switch
the reset switch
the cartridge contact "combs"
and hairs dust and smog gets in under the comb and collects there.

i have fixed one power switch , grab a injection needle with 90% proof alcohol or industrial type and turn off an on the switch really quick.

same for the reset - never spill soda near this reset or it will stick.
clean the plastic borders good. if the reset itself sticks use the alcohol too.

The combs - if you leave the carts inside all the time the combs become more open and can't make good contact.

Turn on a game and push it forward, if the game freezes your comb is dirty or loose. after cleaning do the bumping thing and if the games run but still freeze , you will have to try and
Bend the metal contacts - this is dangerous without taking the whole thing apart.

The best method is to take the whole console apart, remove the comb, take out the pins one by one and bend them very little.
Bend them too much and you will have the trouble that the cartridge will bend and break the pins.

Bend them enough that you can lift the n64 with the cartridge.
And never leave the cartridge in.

OR just buy another comb - if they still sell them.

It also helped to put a bit of melted silicone to the dust protector latch. this holds the carts inside a bit tighter (it does not allow them to have room to move forward or back) so any bump to the cart won't freeze your game.

Blasted machine needs maintenance about every year here , dog hairs , smog and children with dirty hands.

Trevor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ive had my n64 for about 11 or so years (maybe more this is 2010 afterall and coming up for 2011...) and left GoldenEye in the slot. Although I do have problems with moving the cart (sound crackles and or freezes game...) however ... Actualy Im not going to say it... Wink

My sticks are bad though...

Err not sure if this is entirly related but does anybody know why, sometimes a game will freeze however keep playing music, not just a repetative loop either but the whole track?

Trev

PaRaDoX

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

^ I have no idea. It seems to happen on emulators too

HackBond

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Stage doesnt load. Somethings wrong with it.

[Decoy] Antenna | Control | Silo | Escape

Trevor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

"Stage doesnt load. Somethings wrong with it"
If this was a reply to me then what about mid-stage?
Any game too (Though its only happened to me in GE, PD & Rouge Squadron (The Tie-Fighter kept looping the scream though as it stuck in front of me...)

Trev

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Console Workshop All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: