ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

The 7 removed background screens (possibly) found

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ptb
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 11:32 am    Post subject: The 7 removed background screens (possibly) found Reply with quote Back to top

I think I have made another discovery!!! I was looking over the mission select screens again and I noticed somthing in the Streets.

Look in the background of the picture. What do you see? I see mountains!

This is a picture while I am on the tank in the streets. What do you see in the background? I see a wall blacking a solid area, and no mountains in the background. This may very well be where that background went!

Edit: I believe you can see the wall behind the tank there in the mission select screen. But there are definetly mountains there!

Sit down, shut up, and toak!

I'm in the hauhhhhhhh!!!!!!!

ptb
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Here are 2 screens I made of these backgrounds, they fit together in more than 1 way.

The colors are screwed up on the first part in the second image, it fits at the end too. Also, on the first image, the mountian fits the grooves, but the snows out of place. It's hard to see because the images are so small.

doctornull
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not sure really, the top bits could just be cloud and the spikey bits below could be trees...

Where did you get those screens in your second post from?

ptb
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I took the 7 images of the background from the Goldeneye image editor ver 1.0, and aranged them in Microsoft Word, then copied them to paint. It may infact not be these mountains, or any mountains for that matter. It was just somthing the caught my eye. I have always thaught these images to have been for the Dam or Runway, they might even have been for the Surface. I never would have envisioned them in the Streets. But one thing about the picture, the picture I took on the tank, the trees in the background are about even with themselves, you know, they are level. In the picture, the background is very uneven. This might be because of the angle of the picture, but the diffrence in the heights are a lot.

Edit: I looked again, and it looks like you can infact see the tree's just over the wall in the back. Those tree's don't go that high over the wall, and I'm almost completly sure that tress would not go that far over the wall. I believe that the tress are in the mission select picture AS WELL AS the montains. Look close and you should be able to see the trees over the wall. The only reason the tree's appear to be so high in the screenshot on the tank is because it is at a diffrent "elevation". Look on the ground at the tree's in the game, they don't go that far over the wall.

ptb
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

A picture is worth 1000 words, and this one is damn well no exception.

Look at this, compair that to the mission select, the background looks nothing like that. Those are not trees, they are mountains. The tank in the mission select picture is way closer to the red star on the wall, also the jeep isn't in the mission select picture. This proves that there were changes right there. I'd have to say now that I am 95% sure that those are mountains. They may not be the 7 ones not in the game tho. I am however 100% sure that there were changes right in the area where the mission select screenshot was taken.

zerojett
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

these have already been found. ive seen them on, i think, rarewitch project. not totally sure. i think i saw em there though. hmm... maybe someone could whip up a code to remove the blackness.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
ptb
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

No no no, I know about them being at Rarewitch. Thats where I got the image texted editor thing, which is how I got the images in my second post. The thing is, they were removed from the game and no one knew where they were from. When I say I might have found them... I mean I might have found where they originally were ment to be. (There wasn't enough room on the threads name to write "I have found where the 7 mountain images that were removed from the game were originally going to be in the game.")

Edit: Yea, I was trying to find a good name for this thread, but I really couldn't. I knew that was named bad.

Edit#2: Oh, about the darkness thing, thats just my emulator becausde it has no sky with the graphic plugin. I am 99.99% sure that there is nothing back there anymore. But I haven't played the game on the system in years, (thats how I would have a sky mode).

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007 All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: