ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Goldenye 007 Wii CONFIRMED!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> James Bond Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gamma
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:42 pm    Post subject: Goldenye 007 Wii CONFIRMED! Reply with quote Back to top

Sources without trailer!

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3179852
http://www.hookedgamers.com/blogs/markbarley/2010/06/14/goldeneye_007_wii_remake_e3_2010_trailer.html
http://superphillipcentral.blogspot.com/2010/06/goldeneye-007-wii-debut-trailer.html
http://www.wiinintendo.net/2010/06/14/goldeneye-007-wii-announced/

Video trailer below!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.nintendoeverything.com/41974/

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Goldeneye+Wii&aq=f

Activision is doing copyright claims to have this trailer taken off most sites and youtube, so hurry hehe. Video says november release.

Last edited by Gamma on Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:18 pm; edited 3 times in total

NapalmNero
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

acceptable67

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

NapalNero wrote:

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

After watching that trailer, I'm really hoping this doesn't suck in terms of gameplay, because it's absolutely stunning visually. Far more impressive than the 360 remake.

radorn

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

After watching the trailer, admitting that it looks awesome, I'm quite certain that gameplay will suck.
Why do I say this?
Look at how enemies move, how guns shot, all the neck breaking, the complex animations (which are sure to be "wait till this awesome animation ends for you to resume game"), etc etc...
It all screams generic.
I can be wrong, because everything is possible in this world, but I'm quite certain it IS going to suck balls. Doesn't look any different than any other big name FPS today, and, frankly, they are all boring monotonous generic crup.

I will follow the game, as I'm sure all people here will do regardless of my pesimism, and will play it if I get the chance (keep in mind I don't have a Wii), but seriously, this is just more of the same.

I really hope I'm wrong, but I don't see how I could be having seen what I have seen so far.

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The neck breaking was in Quantum, and it was actually a pretty fun mechanic. You had to swing your nunchuck when the guard was in melee range but unalerted, you'd grab them and had to point and click at various points on the screen to do hits, and neck breaking was one of the possible outcomes of that. If you screwed it up, they'd end up hitting you back and disengaging the melee, and you'd have to finish them off normally. I suppose in the end it's just a minigame, but I liked it. It looks like the pointing and clicking part has been ditched for a less-interruptive instantaneous version.

As for guards, yeah, they'll probably suck compared to the original. No other game outside of PD has gotten that right. The guns look fine to me though. (I also notice that they're using their real names, wonder if that will change before release, Quantum got away with using Walther PPK but nothing else IIRC.)

little baby piG
Banned

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

the gameplay looks like every other fps out there, the gun animations just look like call of duty weapons, this game looks generic as hell, the original goldeneye had its own style, after seeing this footage, my hopes for this game are very low, when i saw bond's hand holding the silenced pp7, it didn't even look like goldeneye, i know this is a re-make, but it looks like another average shooter...perfect dark xbla is the last game we will ever see that resembles goldeneye in a true way.

acceptable67

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wow. You can def. Notice a visual improv
ment. Not bad.

fantsu

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Looks ok, but very scripted so far.
Most of that "gameplay" was definetly from cutscenes.
If not, this is going o be alot different than original was.

Seems ok so far.
Still don't like Craig in Goldeneye,
I think that any other Bond actor would have been better choice,
but this is how it goes.

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This game is going to be epic Very Happy .

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

little baby piG wrote:
the gameplay looks like every other fps out there, the gun animations just look like call of duty weapons, this game looks generic as hell, the original goldeneye had its own style, after seeing this footage, my hopes for this game are very low, when i saw bond's hand holding the silenced pp7, it didn't even look like goldeneye, i know this is a re-make, but it looks like another average shooter...perfect dark xbla is the last game we will ever see that resembles goldeneye in a true way.

I'm really not seeing what you're talking about. Maybe it's because I haven't played all that many modern FPS games, but everything here just looks like they updated the graphics to modern standards. It doesn't look wrong at all to me, it's just not a clone of the originals, but even the PD remake wasn't and that wasn't nearly an extensive an upgrade. I wanted to watch it again to see if I could pick out more of what you're saying but it seems it's been pulled down from everywhere now (because all but one site linked to the exact same YouTube video...real professional).

I really don't care if the weapons are held slightly different, if you hold them up on the screen when you aim, or even if it doesn't play exactly the same. I'd actually welcome some changes to the gameplay formula; I can think of a bunch of things I'd like to try if I was working on this project. What I'm worried about is whether than non-linearity of navigating the levels and completing objectives has been kept. That's it, that's the core gameplay element I want to see kept. I don't want "objective" to be synonymous with "checkpoint" like it was in Quantum. Oh, and functional doors, those are pretty important; it was really lame to play a game where every door was conveniently opened for you when you got there... But let me tell you, seeing Bond climb into that truck, it just brought back memories of wanting to be able to get in it back when I first played the original, not to mention the speedboat at the docks. I wouldn't doubt it if the entire team working on this project was a huge fan of the game back in the day.

(Now what would be great is if this opens the door to the possibility of the XBLA direct remake coming out as well.)

Kode-Z
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sadly, it looks too... generic. Sad

"GoldenEye" is a benchmark game, and to be fair, it didn't need a full blown remake from the ground up. People want to play "GoldenEye" as they REMEMBER IT, with the addition of online multiplayer and other fancy things that weren't possible back in the day (Such as bots).

Dragonsbrethren wrote:
Now what would be great is if this opens the door to the possibility of the XBLA direct remake coming out as well.

I agree. Maybe after the release of this Wii remake, Nintendo will come to their senses and have the original released on the VC, and the updated version on XBLA.

That way, the companies involved get their money, the fans get their game - everyone's happy! Smile

little baby piG
Banned

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

i really want to see what wreck thinks about this

PaRaDoX

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

jizzed in my pants!God do you know how happy I am?!

little baby piG
Banned

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

im a huge bond fan, so yeah im glad that this game is being made, but this isn't the goldeneye I remember, and I'm not exactly crapping my pants over what I am seeing, I'm very sure wreck is going to hate this

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> James Bond Games All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: