ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Goldneye 007 wii dam gameplay
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> James Bond Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you like the gamplay so far?
yes
42%
 42%  [ 6 ]
no
14%
 14%  [ 2 ]
can't really say, Need to see more vid to come up with an opinion
42%
 42%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 14

PaRaDoX

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:00 am    Post subject: Goldneye 007 wii dam gameplay Reply with quote Back to top

I found this vid on youtube today and I must say that I find the gameplay to be very interesting.I really can't wait for this game and I am not ashamed to say that.
this is the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_yhlHOzp78&feature=related

What do you guys think?

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I was actually quite surprised at how impressed I was by the gameplay. But because of the way they're striving to make everything more cinematic, you appear to lose control of Bond during various events. In the original, you always had complete control - only exceptions being the intro and outro to each mission. I understand that, with the type of game they're creating, they need you to follow specific movements in order for their planned sequences to take place properly. It just seems like a huge deviation from the original scheme, but I totally see the reason behind it.

I'm hoping to see some more mission gameplay soon. We haven't seen enough of the levels yet, so that's what I'm looking forward to.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

TH126
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This looks really interesting! I'm gonna be honest, I was not expecting this game to be something like GE and PD were, but I think I can respect what they did. This alternate story is rather interesting as well, shouldn't be as bad of a game as I thought. The only thing that bugs me is that 006 looks nothing like Sean Bean! And of course 007 is Daniel Craig, that also bugs me. I will need to see more footage tho, I can't judge a game by 1 level. In the end multiplayer is what I'm really worried about...

HackBond

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
Preorder James Bond 007: Blood Stone for the Playstation 3 and Xbox 360 from

Looks like its multiplatform.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTnBD1Yd3jo

[Decoy] Antenna | Control | Silo | Escape

oxidice
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I used to think very lowly of this game but after seeing that Dam mission my opinion really changed. Gameplay style really looks different from original as in being more cinematic as Wreck said and I really like it for singleplayer aspect of the game since it will create deeper story element for game and I'm interested to see what other levels they will have and how that cinematic style will continue throughout the game. After seeing this I'm really looking forward to playing singleplayer in this game.

Althought I think singleplayer looks cool I don't really think multiplayer of this game will be all that good, but I don't really mind since original games multi is still there and I didn't think it would have had any chance to compete with it to begin with.

Spyster wrote:
Quote:
Preorder James Bond 007: Blood Stone for the Playstation 3 and Xbox 360 from

Looks like its multiplatform.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTnBD1Yd3jo

Huh Blood Stone? Sure its going to be multiplatform game and I think it will also be released for PC but not totally sure, but how it has to do with Wii Goldenye? Or maybe you mixed up the games ? : P

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I love how it looks so far.

HackBond

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I got them mixed alright xD

[Decoy] Antenna | Control | Silo | Escape

NapalmNero
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The Dam has been expanded, which I like.

The cut senses between characters happen in real time like in the original, but with voices.

You know for a game that's running on the IW engine, this is looking really good.

I am actually stunned at this Shocked

radorn

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not going to deny it, I'm quite impressed with what can be seen in that video. I have complained about in enemy animations and general feel since the initial video, but this new footage shows huge improvement over that, so I guess that issue can be put down now.
EDIT: I must refute myself: 6:15, look at how easy it is to loose track of an enemy while you move. The player keeps trying to aim at the guard but the aim control doesn't collaborate.
Multi is a different issue, but we are not discussing it here since the video didn't show any multi... We were horrified by it in other thread already xD.

But I must point out something.
The game is undoubtedly strongly scripted, but not in the sense that GE was, where the "environment" was scripted. In this case it's the player that is scripted. Of course you are in control of what to do, but it's not the player that causes the situations, instead everything happens before you (very smoothly and well executed I must admit) and you are expected to do what the game designers wanted.
In this video, we have to consider that who plays is someone that knows the missions, knows what to do, and can make it shine. He's a "professional actor". He's playing his role in the scripted screenplay. What happens if you stray away from that? I'm sure the game will become dull very fast.
Also, what about replayability? Even if they design several possible routes, after you have done each one, it will be like watching the same movie over and over again, only that you can't sit back and relax, you have to play your role, say your lines, do your moves as expected...

This will be a really fun game to... watch... while someone skillfully plays bond's role in it Wink

Brad M
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Looks good. Can't wait for it to come out.

Kode-Z
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

While I've yet to see more levels, I have to say that the gameplay on display in the Dam ISN'T what the original GE was about. The game does look very scripted and restrictive.

I await more videos!

acceptable67

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wow. That's some really interesting gameplay.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

As Radorn said, this will probably be a very interesting game to play through a handful of times. You'll want to try and find the right timing and positions in order to have the mission play out just perfectly. But after that? Some of those cinematic moments might start becoming annoyances, temporarily haulting your progress and forcing you to watch the same events unfold over and over.

NapalNero wrote:
The cut senses between characters happen in real time like in the original, but with voices.

Yes, they do happen in real time, but the original didn't take control over your character. Well, perhaps this new one doesn't either, but it certainly looks like it does. Maybe I shouldn't have jumped to conclusions, considering this was a recording made to demonstrate the Dam and their fancy features. Guess we'll find out soon enough if that was the player in control the whole time, or if Bond goes into an automated series of movements at specified locations.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

Kode-Z
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Just seeing "Checkpoint..." appear on the top left of the screen gives me shudders!

PaRaDoX

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

on what game engine is this based on?NapalNero said the IW engine, but I don't know from what game that is

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> James Bond Games All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: