ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Report: Activision to announce GoldenEye 007 remake for Wii,
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> James Bond Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
madmax386
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:07 am    Post subject: Report: Activision to announce GoldenEye 007 remake for Wii, Reply with quote Back to top

http://www.qj.net/qjnet/news/report-activision-to-announce-goldeneye-007-remake-for-wii-ds-at-e3.html

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
little baby piG
Banned

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

if this stays true to the original goldeneye and somehow is awesome, then thats sweet...but my intuition tells me that this is just going to be a quick buck attempt for activision ...hopefully im wrong though

HackBond

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I think its gonna be like MW2, great storyline, if you play it once.

[Decoy] Antenna | Control | Silo | Escape

radorn

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

4J, with direct support from rare and access to the original material (source code, data, documentation...) has remade PD into something not 100% satisfactory and that still changes the feel of the original a little to the bad side...

I don't expect activision to do anything good.

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The pic on thar looks looks like thay are playing on a emulator cus of the left gun hm.

but it wud be so cool to see it be a remake of it.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

There's a great sadness growing inside me.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

Yurei
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:

Took the words out of me.

Kode-Z
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:

I feel the same.Crying or Very sad

GoldenEye doesn't need a Wii-make. Rolling Eyes

To be honest, I reckon that this Wii version would pretty much be like the Doom II GE remake. You recognise the levels in general, but the gameplay isn't GoldenEye - and this lets it down... big time.

If it were to be released, the Xbox 360 port would be just what the hardcore fans want - because it WOULD BE GoldenEye!

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm beginning to hope that this new version of GoldenEye will be made. Why? Because I want to see it flop. I want it to show how they cared only to cash in on another game's success, just like how EA used the name to lure fans in with that P.O.S. Rogue Agent. I want it to demonstrate just how damn good the original was. I want the people up top to realize that the real GoldenEye needs to be re-released for the newer consoles. I want the world to truly see how special GoldenEye is.

Perhaps I'm asking too much...

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

radorn

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I don't agree with that.
This game will suck and all it will serve for is derode the good name of the original.
Let's face it, the game itself is starting to be older than a good portion of the increasing number of gamers, or at least old enough for even 16 year olds never have heard about it or be interested in.
With this and rouge agent, the perception of the goldeneye brand name will mean crap to more and more people, which is a bad thing.

This game being good would sparkle interest in the good old N64 GE, while it being bad, as it will probably be, will derode it.

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
I don't agree with that.
This game will suck and all it will serve for is derode the good name of the original.
Let's face it, the game itself is starting to be older than a good portion of the increasing number of gamers, or at least old enough for even 16 year olds never have heard about it or be interested in.
With this and rouge agent, the perception of the goldeneye brand name will mean crap to more and more people, which is a bad thing.

This game being good would sparkle interest in the good old N64 GE, while it being bad, as it will probably be, will derode it.

Well im 16 now and ben playing it sents i wus 4 and i still not forgot it yet even thu thar game like Call of duty but Goldeneye will be my best FPS game ever for me.

acceptable67

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:

little baby piG
Banned

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

hey guys , maybe nintendo had this idea for a very longgg time, and thats why they wanted the 360 arcade ge version to be cancelled, maybe this wii version could actually be really good and true to the original, but totally better....but also it could be a complete disgrace to goldeneye 64, so lets see what happens, but this is activision here, lets all remember that Rolling Eyes

HackBond

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I think its gonna be like the alpha version, On rails.

[Decoy] Antenna | Control | Silo | Escape

Kode-Z
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Another possibility is that Nintendo asked Activision to make this remake as a petty jibe towards Microsoft/Rare.

Why remake "GoldenEye"? There are 20+ Bond films to choose from and they decide to ride on the success of the best Bond game of all time, which is a sickening insult to any fan. And if they think making it a Wii exclusive will make it special, they are wrong.

Hopefully in time, the XBLA version will be released. That is the only time when I will be making a purchase.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> James Bond Games All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: