ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Goldeneye ROM on PC using Mupen/Project 64 - black sky

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Online And Emulation
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Graeme
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:37 am    Post subject: Goldeneye ROM on PC using Mupen/Project 64 - black sky Reply with quote Back to top

I'm just starting playing Goldeneye on my PC using Mupen, I've just gotten to the Frigate level and everything around the ship is just black, no water, no sky. On levels like Dam and the first Severnaya mission, there is no sky, just blackness. How do I sort this out?

Otherwise the game plays fine, I first downloaded Mupen then I read it wasn't the best so I downloaded Project64 but it crashed/froze twice while I was playing the second level.

radorn

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

skies in GE use some special rendering method that few emulators/plugins seem to properly support. So no skies for you, buddy.

Try to use Glide64 video plugin for n64 emulators. That one renders skies, but it's has high hardware requirements, so it may not work for you if you don't have a powerful PC.
1964 video plugin also renders skies, but the emulation is a hack and incorrect. skies won't scroll, and are actually just a texture plastered on the background, but at least it's not mere blackness.

Graeme
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

There already seems to be a Glide64 plugin in the copy of Mupen I downloaded (from GoldeneyeOnline.com)

HackBond

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Better version the "WX" V1 is on their site.

[Decoy] Antenna | Control | Silo | Escape

Graeme
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I can't find this, can you direct me to it please. Would that actally make any difference?

oxidice
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Just google "Glide64" click first result and download section of the page and there you go. I don't know what difference it would make in GE if you compare to old Glide64 as you said you had it, but it has some new features and stuff.

And if you're playing GE offline I'd suggest using 1964 and try to look for hacked 0.85 version since it can run GE at 60fps and use texture filters among other things. And also other good emulator for offline is Project64.

But for online you need Mupen and Jabos video plugin and no skies naturally, but I don't really see much difference in playing without skies, heck I didn't really even realize they were missing before someone was complaing about same problem with Jabos plugin and then we even got into argument with some other online players about about what is the real color of the sky in Complex and Temple after playing so long with Mupen and black skies.

Graeme
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It didn't make any difference. Mupen seems to run well, albiet with a little bit of jerkiness in the music at times (like on the main menu) but since Project64 crashed twice just before I could finish a level (the 2nd level), I'm not sure I want to waste any more time with it. I'm not playing online yet.

nadbohr
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:01 am    Post subject: is there a way to get better framerate than on N64? Reply with quote Back to top

so I just tried to emulate goldeneye and saw it running quite choppy (althout my PC is bored emulating it and the emu runs at 100% almost all the time).

Is there a way to comfortably get constant 30 fps or even 60 fps without choppy audio or the game running faster as usual?

I just want to get the good old Goldeneye experience without the "good old" frame drops

Best wishes from germany!

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If you've got a multicore system, force the emulator to run on a single core. Task manager -> Right click on process -> Set affinity -> CPU #. Helps a lot on my system.

nadbohr
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

tried 1964 ultrafast and I am very satisfied with the overclocked results. no more frame drops on goldeneye!!!

BUT the multiplayer does flicker as hell and is unplayable. tried all the different video settings, but cannot seem to find the right one.

what the hell do I have to switch on/off to avoid that flickering in multiplayer?

I am using all the default 1964 ultrafast plugins.

AstroBomber
Banned

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

From what I've been gathering on the boards experts say 1964 including PJ64 are the best emulators to run Goldeneye for single player mode only. For the best multiplayer experience in Goldeneye you'd have to use mupen64. Unless you and a friend are going to be playing multiplayer offline than I think 1964 should be fine to play mutliplayer in. However, I could be a little confused on the matter of offline/online gameplay. Someone here might be able to correct me well.

nadbohr
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

thanks, will try that. I am glad to play it in offline multiplayer mode again. no flickering, smooth as hell and great resolution! what more can you dream of?!? Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Online And Emulation All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: