ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

This is not goldeneye....its a peice of garbage
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> James Bond Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PaRaDoX

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I don't care what every1 says.I WILL buy this game.If it's bad, I won't play it anymore, and if it is good, then yeah you get the point

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The sad thing is, I'll probably buy it, too. On the plus side, I have a friend who owns and operates a used movie and video game store. I can just stick it in there and get most of my money back, if I hate it and want rid of it within the first week. But who knows? It may be a complete shocker. Some of us may actually enjoy the bloody game.

I could compare the graphics to more standard PS2 games. They certainly aren't anything to write home about. Do we blame Eurocom, or Nintendo's Wii in general? It can't keep up with or compare to 360 and PS3 graphically. I think the best game I remember seeing for the Wii was Resident Evil 4... a GameCube game. Confused

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

radorn

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

my point is that you can actually tell by just looking at the available trailers and footage that it's another generic shooter in that it has the same set of lame aspects that I hate in the vast majorty of the FPS catalogue out there.

"meh" movements, lame character animations and reactions/IA, pretentious "cinematographic" scenes, most surely a "be the protagonist" crap, which basically turns you into a sort of actor for the plot the game (I said game? better say movie) designers thought out for you, which is ever sooooo boring...

I find the graphics to be appealing enough (although i don't share the idea of a nighttime fully militarized Dam) and I don't care the **** for daniel craig either. I haven't seen any of his bond films, so I just don't have a base to hate him, but even if I did, I wouldn't care that much either, after all it's an FPS and you don't see him most of the time.

My problem, as I said, is the feel of the game that you can make out from the available material and previous experience. I'm sure the GAME will be crap, and time will prove me right in due time Very Happy

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm sort of on the fence about whether it really matters that Daniel Craig is playing the Bond role in this new GoldenEye. It's been argued that Brosnan's model in the original was never a mirror-image of the actor, and that you barely see him throughout the course of the mission mode. We also automatically assume, since this is an FPS, that we won't really see much of Craig, either. However, since this game seems to be more about cinematic presentation, I'm sure that we we'll see quite a bit of Danny boy. Not only will we see him, we will also hear him. But considering that none of us have very high expectations for this, and will side with the original no matter the outcome, perhaps it's better that Brosnan doesn't go down with this ship. Many of us here already seem to share in our dislike for Craig, so there's no reason to start changing our opinions.

Brosnan = The good GoldenEye.
Craig = That other one...

PaRaDoX

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
I could compare the graphics to more standard PS2 games. They certainly aren't anything to write home about. Do we blame Eurocom, or Nintendo's Wii in general? It can't keep up with or compare to 360 and PS3 graphically. I think the best game I remember seeing for the Wii was Resident Evil 4... a GameCube game. Confused

Don't blame the Wii for the graphics.The Wii is capable of amazing graphics.Just look at Monster Hunter Tri.Best Looking Wii game I've seen.There are many other great looking games out there.Makes me wonder why the developers these days don't take their time to learn @ the Wii's limitations.Really pisses me off.So here we can blame Eurocom

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Dont forget Super Mario Galaxy 1 and 2. thos games have the best Grafits
To me at least.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not saying that the Wii isn't capable of having very nice graphics. The GameCube showed that it could actually put out better looking games than the PS2 and Xbox. But the Wii is really just a repackaged GameCube, with some enhancements, new (revolutionary) controller design, and online capability. Some of the cartoony games are ridiculously good looking, with beautiful colours and sharp imagery. But since a lot of designers who want their game to "look" this gen go with 360 and / or PS3, most don't even want to spend the time downgrading it so that it can be played on the Wii. That's probably the only reason why we'll (likely) never see Resident Evil 5 on the Wii. They put so much effort into the models and backgrounds, trying to push even these HD supporting consoles to their limits, that it's too much for the Wii. Heck, even Guitar Hero III was downgraded for the Wii. Guitar Hero. Now that is depressing.

Just to make it clear for those who aren't aware of it: I am a Nintendo fanboy. Always have been, always will be. No matter what happens, I stick by them. Even the many times I've gotten angry or let down by them, they're still my first choice in gaming.

Antares_Commander
Agent
Agent

Location: In space, fightingg the Galactic Empire under the Emperor, whilst trying to figure out the PD editor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
Just to make it clear for those who aren't aware of it: I am a Nintendo fanboy. Always have been, always will be. No matter what happens, I stick by them. Even the many times I've gotten angry or let down by them, they're still my first choice in gaming.

I'm in the same boat there, always have been a fan boy of nintendo, always will be. Sure, I've played an Xbox360, own a playstation 2, and my other five(four because my nes was stolen) consoles? All my hand helds? Nin-ten-do.

As for the game itself, I'll likely buy it. If it isn't good, then I can just stop playing it. I could sell it or be too lazy to do it.

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sometimes I think we're all a bit too obsessed with GoldenEye (the original) and put it on some pedestal that no game will ever be able to top. Not because they're not good games, or even better games, but because the majority of people who play FPS games want a completely different type of gameplay than us. If I was leading this project and had a choice: cater to what people who played the game when they were 13 liked, or cater to what those same people like now, I would have gone with the latter. If they wanted to they could have done a near-perfect clone of the original, but instead they're using gameplay similar to what's popular now, and that makes perfect sense. We, on the other hand, are in the perfect position to keep the original game alive with new maps and missions. I think going this route was better than a direct port like PD on XBLA.

From what I've seen the locations are being recreated faithfully. Graphically I think it looks great. The script being tweaked by the same person who originally wrote it shows they're putting some care into the remake, not just having some random writer on their team make alterations. My guess is it's all going to be new dialogue, and everything will play out the same way. Craig as Bond makes perfect sense for a modernization, and doesn't bother me at all. I think I'm going to end up liking this. Not nearly as much as the original, but I'm already excited just seeing the makeover the dam got. That's why it's a modernization rather than a brand new Bond game/story, there's just no other way to create something new and tap into nostalgia at the same time.

El Cazador
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Way to be different lol

Jk, in a perfect world they'd create a graphically amazing version on the PS3 with amazing new elements added onto the original game and story but this is earth. It's not enough to make me go out and buy a Wii but you can bet I'm gonna buy the game and mooch off my buddies Wii (same reason I bought a 360 contoller).

From the sound of it, the new additions to multiplayer are gonna add enough to keep multiplayer interesting (like Halo 3 and the power ups). I enjoyed playing Quantum of Solace on the Wii, I didn't sample to campaign but the multiplayer contols worked well..

PacmanPlush
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Dragonsbrethren is right on the money. Smile

It's definitely not a cheap cash-in like GoldenEye: Rogue Agent. Even though Activision is building off the original game's success, it's clear from the trailer that it's being done with respect for the original game and the movie, not just using the title to mislead hopeful fans. (That's right EA, giving the main character an eye made of gold is a lousy excuse to title the game GoldenEye. Matter of fact, it's just silly. Laughing )

When Activision calls it "a new GoldenEye," I don't think they mean it's supposed to replace the original, as so many people have interpreted. I think they're designing it as a supplement to the original, to expand on the player's GoldenEye experience. Time will tell, I suppose.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I watched a video of the game being played, while another guy from GameSpot was interviewing one of the head designers. You could tell that the interviewer was excited, and kept bringing up aspects of the original. What really got me, was how little this "head designer" seemed to even know of the N64 version. Don't you think you'd know the game forwards and backwards if you're developing a new version of it? Seriously, especially when it is such a classic the world over. He seemed to be happiest about the bloody nightvision goggles they added in. So to say that they have respect for the original and want to maintain some of that nostalgia, yet don't seem to really know a whole lot about it, goes to show you that they just want to make a new game altogether.

Oh, and the gameplay footage in multiplayer seemed absolutely lifeless and generic.

PacmanPlush
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Really? I haven't watched that one, this really does sound like it changes everything. Hopefully he isn't indicative of the rest of the team, because watching that first trailer really did seem to convey a lot of love and respect for the original game. I'd be disappointed if it was all a charade.

I'll admit I don't like the looks of the multiplayer, but that's really more due to the fact that it's Call of Duty reskinned with Bond characters. Oddjob's hat throwing ability also gets me. Unless every character has a special skill, it seems like it'd ruin the balance- a short character who can use his own clothing as a weapon? I imagine the player would have to go and pick it up after, but still.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not playing Devil's advocate and I'm not trying to defend it. I just don't want a repeat of Rogue Agent. Laughing

radorn

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I think some people here are deceiving themselves into making this a comparison with the original, or even a matter of "old style vs new style", and I think this is a really wrong approach to the whole thing.

For starters I must concede to those that critizise the game because of it's departure from the original N64 version. There is ground for this critizism if only because of the fact of how much the makers of the game have insisted in it being "A NEW VERSION OF THE CLASSIC WE ALL LOVE". Remember the first video they showed. Only because of that they deserve all the bashing they get.
But this would be unjust for the game and a phallacious approach.

This Wii GE is crap in it's own right. You don't need to compare it to anything for that. The game feels lifeless, boring and generic in a bad way. They just copy the same formulas of other modern FPSs. This wouldn't be bad if these FPSs were good, but they aren't, so they are copying crap.
I also refuse the "old vs new" argument. Have you ever played other FPSs and action games from the N64 and PS1 era? turok multiplayer games, turok 3 single, armorines, south park, Mission Impossible, Daikatana... TWINE!!! PS1's Syphon Filter...
I'm my opinion the crap of this new generation of games is exactly the same (save for the technological leap) as what we are getting now.
This is hardly NEW style. It's just crap style.

Really, the game is crap, it can be seen in the videos.

PacmanPlush
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I think we'd all be overjoyed if it were just the N64 version with a new coat of paint- same maps, same weapons, same health system, and so on. Thing is, companies like Activision set out to make as much money as possible, and it just isn't feasible to do a perfect remake of GE. Sad

Perfect Dark on 360 is basically what I described above- the maps, weapons, and health system are all identical to the N64 original, but the textures and models are prettier. Controls feel awkward at first, even if you're used to modern shooters. Still, I enjoyed it, as I think most people here did.

Reviewers- not so much. Smaller sites may have given it high 90s, even a couple 100s. Basically, the scores the N64 version received. But by and large, most reviews fell around 70%, concluding that, "It's a good remake. But it's incredibly dated. The level geometry is so simple, it doesn't look real at all. I have to switch to my grenades, and I can carry twenty guns? How does a person carry that many guns? And there's no instant melee? Well, how do I hit people? And what's worse is my health doesn't regenerate!"

Simple fact is a faithful remake of GoldenEye wouldn't be highly regarded by anyone who doesn't identify themselves as a "classic gamer." Like it or not, most gamers love regenerating health and iron sights and all that. So of course GoldenEye will have these features; Activision wants it to sell millions. They don't want a game that feels like it was designed 13 years ago, even if we do. They want a game that'll feel modern and new. So naturally, it'll be a CoD clone with a GE twist.

This doesn't have to be a bad thing. Quantum was a CoD clone with a cover system. It's no GoldenEye, of course. In fact, I'd call it stunningly average. But it wasn't bad. Actually, I preferred it to most of EA's efforts.

If the gameplay isn't very good, so be it. Ignore the multiplayer, I know I will. But I like what I've seen of the singleplayer mode. It's an interesting mix between the N64 game and the movie, and it looks like it could be fun.

At the very least, there's a slight chance this could eventually lead to Rare releasing their XBLA version. Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> James Bond Games All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9

Jump to: