ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

This is not goldeneye....its a peice of garbage
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> James Bond Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The Craig issue is one I'm curious about. I'd have rather seen a more generic Bond, not based on any of the particular actors, but I'm wondering how the license works. They may actually be obligated to use the likeness of whoever is currently playing Bond. The only problem with that is that they got away with using Connery in From Russia with Love.

The new gameplay makes me think of a conversation I had with a friend the last time I saw him. We got talking about games and of course GoldenEye came up, since I still play it and we were both really into it when it was still new. He basically said that he still loves the game, but just can't get into it anymore. The gameplay is too primitive and he doesn't like the controls anymore. A game isn't fun if you don't enjoy playing it anymore, obviously, even if you really liked it at one point. He'll probably be really excited about this remake, I'll have to tell him about it and show him the trailer once he gets back home. Would I personally have preferred they left the gameplay alone? Of course, but this has the potential to reach a new audience rather than just those that played and are nostalgic about the original.

NapalmNero
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well on the whole Connery thing; he did his own voice. So I do think either they approached him or he approached them.

Though from what I read somewhere(I cannot remember it anymore, sadly). Pierce did say something about moving on far from Bond now that he was done. Almost like he was saying "Ok, I'm done and thank god". I do agree we should get a generic looking Bond, but I think that would be even worse because think about the voice, who would do it? Probably Craig so we'd technically already be in the same situation

Ryani
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I have done it. I've accepted this game. Mainly because I've decided that its not the same game, just another game based off the same movie. But just the concept.

I've read a review that outlines Dam. They claim its the same in the first area and the last area, but the mid section has been replaced with the truck-driving sequence. The guard in the first room is there and you can climb down the dam to the lake. Apparently a helicopter also lands. So they've just added action.

Now I just hope the game will be fun to play and won't change the storyline that much. I'd very much like most of the same levels in the right order. And the same voice actors.

But it isn't the same game. This is (hopefully) a better version of Rogue Agent that uses the Goldeneye concept and has better gameplay.

So they better release the XBLA version in addition.

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I love this game sofar how it looks and stuff. I just hope this game will be fun and most of the level will make it back in the game to.

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I wouldn't say a better version of Rogue Agent, this looks to be a better version of Quantum of Solace. The gameplay looks almost identical, for one thing. I actually thought Quantum was pretty fun, but the linearity and poorly optimized engine made me enjoy it less than I should have. Unfortunately it doesn't look like the third-person stealth mode made it in, maybe they thought it slowed the game down too much? In any case, given how detailed this is, I'm guessing the underlying engine has gotten some major tweaks to get this running, because Quantum probably would've been a slideshow just rendering the opening scene of Dam.

I'm actually giving some thought to digging out my copy of Quantum because of this, I never did finish it on the higher difficulties. Its multiplayer was surprisingly fun the few times I played it, too.

Yurei
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome to GoldenEye Modern Warfare 2.

Total crap. Okay I understand most of your points Dragon, and I agree with quite a lot of them, but the thing is "GoldenEye 007 was extremely different from this"; so would this new Bond-universe based game deserves to be called "GoldenEye" ?
Rogue Agent was disappointing but still had some interesting ideas. This GoldenEye 2010 looks like a copy and paste of all the recent FPSs that came out the past two years.
By that I mean, look at the mechanics, you can find them in any recent game : Regeneration ; Melee spam ; Grenade spam.

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The health regeneration is one thing I'd like to see axed. Not because it makes the game too easy, but because (at least in the case of Quantum) it makes the game too slow. If I tried playing Quantum like I do GE, I'd be dead in seconds because it only takes a few shots to bring you down. You've got to find cover, let your health refill, then push on. The only way to keep the game fast paced is to never get shot. I'd rather take less damage and have armor that works like a soulsphere in Doom than that. Neither is realistic, but the latter keeps the game faster paced.

A melee button is a great idea, but instant kill melee, if it does work like that, is just dumb. Melee should be for when your opponents don't know you're there, to conserve ammo. I use unarmed as much as possible in the original game. Grenade spam is a major problem in multiplayer, too, I really hope the grenades are limited to a small amount.

fantsu

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I don't get it when people say that this isn't a remake of GE.
But an totally new game.

It is. Just look the levels, the dam, streets.
It is an remake. Remake at its purest form.

Activision uses Rare designed levels. Goldeneye movie raped by Craig.

They are making money from some other companys design.
I wonder what game engine this game uses. One thing is sure, the engine wasn't made by these people either, they just use some generic game engine and recreate the old levels from GE and put an pricetag on it.

They say that this is new GE, better than original. Enchanted with latest FPS-game technology. If you loved the original, you will love this one too. What will happen is probably that this game is going to be murdered by reviews. It is going to be yet another subpar shooter, and people will forget it in few months after release. The game itself will probably be like an PSX game "007: Tomorrow Never Dies". Movie licensed game with no soul in it. Full of bugs, hurried game with long loading times and after one minute of gameplay people realise that Wii could do better than this piece of jelly.

Kode-Z
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This game is just waiting to be slated. Every GoldenEye N64 player that I have spoken to about this game absolutely HATES what they have seen so far - and I don't blame them!

First off, fair enough, technology has moved on. Would film producers throw money at remaking movies from the ground up? Probably not! I think that the whole purpose of this remake is basically a school playground jibe towards Microsoft and Rare for attempting to release the original remake on XBLA. If this is the case, then it's pathetic - and sad.

Why release the original on XBLA, well there's more to it than nostalgic reasons. The GoldenEye gamplay was (and still is) an amazing experience. Fair enough, the AI isn't up to say Perfect Dark's standards, but the guards weren't always that predictable as people say they are - especially on the harder settings.

Also, with the updated graphics, imagine how Surface 1 and 2 would have looked with better sky boxes, or how creepy Statue would have looked in HD.

Personally, I don't want a below-par version of GoldenEye - I want the real thing on XBLA, original graphics or HD graphics - don't really care. I know that I have the N64 version, but it looks so blurry on my HD TV, plus it's not in 5.1.

little baby piG
Banned

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Kode-Z wrote:
This game is just waiting to be slated. Every GoldenEye N64 player that I have spoken to about this game absolutely HATES what they have seen so far - and I don't blame them!

First off, fair enough, technology has moved on. Would film producers throw money at remaking movies from the ground up? Probably not! I think that the whole purpose of this remake is basically a school playground jibe towards Microsoft and Rare for attempting to release the original remake on XBLA. If this is the case, then it's pathetic - and sad.

Why release the original on XBLA, well there's more to it than nostalgic reasons. The GoldenEye gamplay was (and still is) an amazing experience. Fair enough, the AI isn't up to say Perfect Dark's standards, but the guards weren't always that predictable as people say they are - especially on the harder settings.

Also, with the updated graphics, imagine how Surface 1 and 2 would have looked with better sky boxes, or how creepy Statue would have looked in HD.

Personally, I don't want a below-par version of GoldenEye - I want the real thing on XBLA, original graphics or HD graphics - don't really care. I know that I have the N64 version, but it looks so blurry on my HD TV, plus it's not in 5.1.

amen

acceptable67

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yurei wrote:

LOOOOOOOOOOL. Nice. Yeah, it does look "MODERN".. I have to agree with you.

PaRaDoX

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

would be very nice if they included the original as bonus content.Highly unlikely though :/

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not so sure. If this does pave the way to the XBLA port coming out (officially nothing has been mentioned about this, there's a rumor flying around based on some text on Rare's site), I wouldn't be surprised if the original gets a VC release on the Wii.

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

Lol thats funny man.

but chants of a Xbox360 release is going to be vary rare.

NapalmNero
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

EternallyAries wrote:
Quote:

but chants of a Xbox360 release is going to be vary rare.

I hope the "vary rare" part wasn't a pun Razz

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> James Bond Games All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 2 of 9

Jump to: