ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

This is not goldeneye....its a peice of garbage
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> James Bond Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
radorn

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not even complaining about new features... run button, grenade button, limited weaponry, "instant melee" (whatever that is) are all OK... if done well... and that's the whole point. The execution is really poor, pretentious, full of annoying scenes that repeat everytime you do stuff.
That's the problem.

I have never argued that they should make a 100% port and not change anything, I'm just saying they are doing all bad and lifeless, like most other games. GE is a great game, and it deserves a better remake than just another generic game with it's name plastered over.

I'm not a recalcitrant purist that doesn't accept changes, I'm just saying that they are not doing it right. Just look at the videos; it looks so... bleh...

One thing they could learn from GE and PD is control sensivity, movement pace (the speed, the feel of the side to side movement, the way the gun moves on the screen...) and other FEEL related stuff so they game doesn't feel lifeless and lame like it does now.

I'm not even going to talk about the missions, because we don't know them, but I have to say that I don't expect anything too exciting...

PacmanPlush
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

radorn wrote:
I'm not even complaining about new features... run button, grenade button, limited weaponry, "instant melee" (whatever that is) are all OK... if done well... and that's the whole point. The execution is really poor, pretentious, full of annoying scenes that repeat everytime you do stuff.
That's the problem.

Oh, I wasn't referencing your post specifically. Others in the thread have complained about these modern features being included in a GoldenEye game. (As far as "instant melee" goes, I worded that poorly. Embarassed I was referring to both instant -KILL- melee, as in the Call of Duty series, and a dedicated melee button.) I agree, these features can be effective if done well. I feel Quantum of Solace did make good use of these features, and I hope GoldenEye will do the same.

I think where you and I differ is thinking it looks generic. The gameplay, absolutely. What we've seen so far can be accurately described as a Call of Duty mission pack. But when I watched that first trailer, saw the camera pass by the tower, over the bridge and the truck, and up to Bond... the sniper rifle in the tower was the icing on the cake. They've even got paintball mode! Even with the new graphics and level design, it's identifiably GoldenEye, and in my view, this makes it far from generic.

Absolutely, it's not as good as it could be, and GoldenEye certainly deserves better. I mean, Bond shoots down two helicopters in that trailer alone, which is more Michael Bay than James Bond. Sad Even at their very worst, the Bond films are far from "big dumb action flicks."

Personally, I'm not concerned about the gameplay, funny as that sounds. At this point I've come to expect that no other Bond game will hold a candle to GE. Sure, I've watched the multiplayer videos and- no big surprise- they're lousy. It's disappointing, but expected. Still, if they can create a game that- in some small way- recalls the greatness of GoldenEye, I'll be happy.

Draven844
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, I agree with all of the new features changing the course of the game. It's not exactly a bad thing however... some features were needed like an actual mapped melee button and iron sights. The additions, although disagreed on by some actually helped the few issues the near-flawless original had.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
MAURO
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It's impressive how close minded and biased peoples can be today... insulting what they don't like AND don't know, forgetting others peoples opinions and forgetting what's "Common Sense".

"The world of 1997 isn't the same world of 2012" ~~ Simple like this...

Doom blew everyone away with it's new features... now it's overpast. Not forgot by the time, no, it's a timeless classic... forever. And 99 percent of every FPS released after doom is because of Doom. Same as goldeneye:
It came 15 years ago and blew everyone with his impressive new gaming and plenty of possibilities, redefined what's a FPS and became classic today. Some of the most hardcore Doom fans maybe dislike Goldeneye because it changed the FPS gaming way. Which one is worst? None, of course. It's just evolution... the games are evolving.

Most of us were born with one N64 controller in the hand, shooting guards at the beret in the ventilation duts or at their @$$ to watch their funny reaction; blowing up Dr. doak in the stairs; Trying to open the DAM's truck door, passing over guards with tanks; snipping guards in surface; getting angry with Jaws or the dumb piece of brain called Nathalia, trying to get an golden gun in egyptian; being the best agent around the cuban jungles and so on... We lived it, we have these images craved into our memories forever. I still get goosebumps with most of the game soundtracks; I still love to shoot guards at their butts simply to "scare" them and I still love to place remote mines in stairs to blow away guards into the air, direct into walls.

Not only Goldeneye... sometimes I cry listening to perfect dark music or in many of the Ocarina of time sections, because like I said, it's part of our lives.

Call of Duty is massively popular like goldeneye was... kids are playing it today, and in 15 years, it will be as classic as goldeneye is, and it will be a very influential game for all the others FPS of the future, and of course: many peoples that were kids in 2012 will cry replaying Call of Duty again, and there will be completely different games, and hopefully, the same happens to music, cinema, culture and pretty much everything: Evolves with the time and the past became classic.

This forum is one of the few places of the internet that I enjoy, I hope it doesn't get messed up by intolerant peoples....

Bond: Your last chance! Give me the name!!

Lachaise: You still threat me, even without your weapon??

Bond: *BANG!*

MultiplayerX

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:21 am    Post subject: 2 years old thread Reply with quote Back to top

PaRaDoX wrote:
Wreck I thank you for banning pig

wow I've been behind on news. I know this thread is 2 years old but I had to comment on it. Baby pig sounds like one of the old admins of gscentral.org or something. I love RUNE he's cool but they picked some admins that started fights with newbs when I was goldenheart and then banned me when I got pissed off and fought back. I've matured as a forum user since then and realize I did it to myself for getting that angry. Wreck thank GOD for you brother! Cool

I WELCOME ANY BOND GAME TO EARN ITSELF A NAME WITH THE CLASSIC....BRING IT!!!!

Maxout

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've gotten use to it. It can't be all things to all people. You'd need an engine like the net or some device that can house all the features you want. There's a reason to like limitations.

http://www.youtube.com/Greatermaxim

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> James Bond Games All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Page 9 of 9

Jump to: