ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

[Map] Cuba: April 10th, 2010...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:55 am    Post subject: [Map] Cuba: April 10th, 2010... Reply with quote Back to top

Xenia and Joanna are taking some time away from their regular daily activities, and have decided to play a little game of hide-and-seek in a secluded Cuban jungle pad...

Joanna: This is great, she'll never find me in here. She'll spend hours...
Xenia: Joanna.
Joanna: ...looking around this place. There are so many...
Xenia: Joanna.
Joanna: ...trees and bushes, I could stay in here all...
Xenia: Joanna!
Joanna: ......day. Should have brought my cloaking device.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Map: Cuba
Description: Area featured during GE's ending credits.

After making some slight adjustments to the Cuba background file, I was able to correct the overlapping issue that had always occurred in GoldenEye. Now the architecture is drawn correctly, and won't obscure anything within it. All of the plant life has also been brought over, so this area should look identical to the original. This won't be available in multiplayer in later releases, so get your fill of it while you still can. Expect to see this bonus map in our next patch.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

Last edited by Wreck on Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:15 am; edited 1 time in total

acceptable67

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ahahaha. She kept talking to herself and you have Xenia over here shouting "JOANNA!"

Edit: Is Cuba perhaps a new Combat Simulator level?

Kode-Z
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Looks great in PD.

Amazing work, Wreck!

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Cuba will probably just be a bonus Combat Simulator map for the time being. (we're trying to think up other ways to utilize Cuba in this project) Once we start getting more levels in, it'll be taken out. It isn't big enough to really make for a proper CS or multiplayer environment. The setup may assign a weapon to the players from the very start, so that they have a fighting chance the moment they spawn in. Otherwise, whoever has the best weapon will just continue to slaughter everybody.

Thanks, Kode-Z.
The crap part is, I spent about an hour and a half trying to get a tree to work in PD that doesn't even work in GoldenEye. I have it loading in, but I needed to swap the bad texture for another one. There might not even be a place to use that object, anyway!

acceptable67

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

kk. Are you guys going to replace the PD walls w/ GE's and PD doors w/ GE's? Like completely retexture everything to GE's textures? Sorry, probably seemed as a pointless question to you but I am just curious =]

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

As of right now, I am going through the ROM and replacing specific PD textures with images from GE. There would just be too many to tack onto the end of the list. Same thing goes with backgrounds, characters, props and weapons. Whatever we port over needs to replace something else. The more GoldenEye stuff that goes in, the less Perfect Dark stuff remains.

00action
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ive just had an idear on how we can use this map, why dont we have a goldenye x version of perfect darks Duel level.
https://www.twitch.tv/00action

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hehe, I think we've actually discussed doing just that in another thread (or two). I had wanted to make it a bit different from PD's duel, though. It wouldn't be a one-hit kill scenario. There may also be more than one person per "wave". I don't even know who the main villains would be. You could do it typical, by having Jungle Commando, Xenia, and Trevelyan. Or, you could get a little more funky. You could have May Day, Oddjob, and Bond himself. It'd be a VR simulation, so anything is possible.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: