ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Mission Select screens

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ptb
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 7:07 pm    Post subject: Mission Select screens Reply with quote Back to top

I am on a role. To strive away from making a million new topics I made this one. Now I may have found somthing else. We all can agree that the mission select pictures ALWAYS show an important area to the mission right. Well look at this.

Look at the right of the guards, you can clearly see the observatory. Now look at these screenshots

The guards with KF7's in this level follow set patrols, kind of a lot of guards patroling a building placed for detail no. Probly the 2 closet guards patroling in the level, and it is supossed to have no use. That and the fact that its imain the mission select screen. Seems a little to popular of a place to be just a detail. I suspect it had a purpose. There arn't many KF7 guards in this level anyways, why place 2 where no one would go? This is bunker 2 also, so you don't have a sniper, and I don't see anyone going to the observatory to snipe with a klobb or KF7. Anyone have any idea's about this?

Sit down, shut up, and toak!

I'm in the hauhhhhhhh!!!!!!!

ptb
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Already found another one, tho this one is debatable.

Look closely at this picture, do you see whats mission? The boat and the ramp. Now this picture may be taken from the other side of the boat right, well look at this screenshot of the opening scene we have all seen of the level.

Sorry about the crappy blackness, but thats how my emulator is. You do have to ask yourself, why would rare take a picture of the other side of the ship when it could easily have been taken from this? Well then again, why would rare have left out the boat? I mean, it's in the movie after all, and they wanted it to be like the movie. And also, how else would bond have gotten on the ship? I'll leave this to you guys to debate.

Edit: I noticed this 2 seconds after posting, this is without a doubt the picture on the mission select screen. The angles are the exact same. So was is taken before the boat and ramp were added? I doubt that, I mean, wouldn't they make the outside of the level first. Its very strange, very strange.

kcghost
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

They likeley added it in later on, and had Bond's starting point near the front or something. Why? Think about it... how many big boats have you seen with a full ramp going down the side for little boats to pull up to? I mean, I have no expertise in this, and havent seen Goldneye ina while, but it seems a little unrealistic. They may have planned for Bond to board ina slighlty differnt way than in the movie. If you analyze it some more, there are also quite a lot of anomalies. Look at the flag. Nothing wrong with it? Perfect Detail? Exactly. Now look at other parts of the boat, details are not there, not as many windows... Its possible Frigate underwent a lot of changes.

ptb
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I almost can't believe that all this was overlooked. I have evidence from Statue's mission select picture that proves there was even more moving around of objects. (There was already evidence of this, check out detstar).

This is the image of the mission select screen for Statue (duh). Here is a beta picture from detstar. It shows that the hammer and sickle near the front of the level, and the crap around it, havn;t changed much from the beta to final version.

Okay now look at 2 non beta picture I took of the same Hammer and Sickle.

The top one is of the opening scence, and the second one is a picture like the beta one on detstar. So now look harder, none of these screenshots are of that hammer, or are they? There are 2 things, there is a golden hammerand sickle shown here.

The only porblem is it's much taller than the other one and doesn't fit the size, and the junk in the background doesn't match with the junk in the mission select. Now heres another beta screenshot that I got from detstar.

This one would fit the discription of the background junk in the mission select picture, and is the right size. Only one problem, it was removed from the game. The other golden hammer and sickle is the wrong size. So either the mission select picture is a pre beta (alpha or pre alpha), picture of the hammer and sickle near the front of the level, or it is a picture of an object that was removed from the game. Now, if the mission select screen is supossed to have some importance to the level, why take a picture of a removed object? Why not a picture of Lenin's statue, I mean after all there is another simular statue in the level that throws some people off. Quite a lot can be said about this picture, quite a lot can be said.

technoPP7
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hey on the Surface 2 pic..Look behind the gaurd..it's BOND!!![/img]

ptb
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry to burst your bubble (and no offense either), but thats not bond, it's another guards. This was a detail I felt everyone had seen and had no purpose being included in this thread. Also, they can't put bond in a picture, after all, he gets these pictures in a briefing, and he wouldn't be getting briefed if he's already there. And i'm sure MI6 Didn't take a picture "4 years before", just incase bond had to come back, and bond happens to be in it. And on a technecal note, I believe they take ingame screenshots with bond, then make them mission select screens, which would explain why there are enemies, because there actually playing the level. Alough I am not positive they took in game screenshots and made them the mission select screen.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007 All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: