ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

For God's sake we need new moderators!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Website & Message Board Comments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
acceptable67

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well,. .................... I guess nothing bad will happen with the ROM's. At least we all own the game [Edited post]

CharAznable0
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

hopefully nothin happens to roms

DK25
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I am positive that what we do here is legal, barely though. I own GE and PD. Distributing patches is legal. We are modding the game for fun, not mass producing it and selling it across the internet. Besides, this site is easily found on search engines, and mentioned on several other websites including youtube. Don't get your panties in a bunch.

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I got all my roms from Games i own so im fine.

acceptable67

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah thats true. Atleast we are not SELLING them.

CharAznable0
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

acceptable67 wrote:
Yeah thats true. Atleast we are not SELLING them.

yea, SELL is da word Razz

radorn

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

In fact it's not:

You may not be aware, but the war on copyright infringement is not about fainess or reasonability, but about force and harrassment.
I agree with you in that we are not making any harm to anyone with what we do, but that's not how the copyright industry, and the laws that they have pushed into many countries legislations (primarily the US, since that's where these lobbies and tactics originate), see the matter.
In fact even if SELL was "da word", if the time comes when they come and see the forums, do you think they will care to fully analyze and comprehend what we do here? If my suspicion is correct, they will just come, look over things a bit, and see the words "hacking", "ROM", GoldenEye", "Perfect Dark", "GoldFinger", etc and inmmediatelly file something, just in case.

If you really believe that the forums are not in danger with that IC3 thing onto us you guys are VERY NAIVE.
I just hope they overlook us, but believe me, we are not SAFE at all

Just think about this. You'd think that tax evasion would be about pursuing big money from millionaires that evade big money and that an average joe's accounts should not be a big concern compared to that... and yet it's a known fact that it's these small evasions that are pursued and that big tax evaders get away with it most of the time.

The reason for this is simple. They CAN pursue and exert force over nobodies like joe average, but catching the big fish is lots harder.

Back to copyright infringement, you'd think they'd be more interested in pursuing bootleg makers and sellers, but the fact is that behind these there are powerful illegal industries with money and resources to fight back, or even be able to sustain the damage and keep going.

Do you think GE MASTER would be able (or willing) to spend thousands of dollars to defend this in court against uncle sam if the time comes when the gov guys decide that we are infringing their laws (no matter how ridiculous and unfair such accusation would be), just for a small chance of winning?

Stop deluding yourselves, guys, and pray to God that they overlook us.

SELL would be the word in a reasonable world. Sadly these people are not reasonable.
Really, I have very little faith in the fairness of the governments looking over us, specially when it comes to the interests of big entertainment multinational companies. Even if they don't hold specific rights to any of the copyrighted works related to any of our projects, they are more than willing to kill us for the sake of dissuasory effect via terror: That is, "look at what happened to these nobodies that dared to do this evil evil thing".

In resume, I'm very concerned, and I really hope nothing of what I say ends up happening in the end, but your arguments against it have been very weak so far and show a lot of naivety.

acceptable67

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I was just expressing hope in what I was saying, I didn't want nothing to happen like that. There is hope Radorn. But you don't seem to want to accept something like that. You seem to act like the Forum will be taken down immediately.

It's better to hope something like doesn't happen.

CharAznable0
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

radorn wrote:
In fact it's not:

You may not be aware, but the war on copyright infringement is not about fainess or reasonability, but about force and harrassment.
I agree with you in that we are not making any harm to anyone with what we do, but that's not how the copyright industry, and the laws that they have pushed into many countries legislations (primarily the US, since that's where these lobbies and tactics originate), see the matter.
In fact even if SELL was "da word", if the time comes when they come and see the forums, do you think they will care to fully analyze and comprehend what we do here? If my suspicion is correct, they will just come, look over things a bit, and see the words "hacking", "ROM", GoldenEye", "Perfect Dark", "GoldFinger", etc and inmmediatelly file something, just in case.

If you really believe that the forums are not in danger with that IC3 thing onto us you guys are VERY NAIVE.

Just think about this. You'd think that tax evasion would be about pursuing big money from millionaires that evade big money and that an average joe's accounts should not be a big concern compared to that... and yet it's a known fact that it's these small evasions that are pursued and that big tax evaders get away with it most of the time.

The reason for this is simple. They CAN pursue and exert force over nobodies like joe average, but catching the big fish is lots harder.

Back to copyright infringement, you'd think they'd be more interested in pursuing bootleg makers and sellers, but the fact is that behind these there are powerful illegal industries with money and resources to fight back, or even be able to sustain the damage and keep going.

Do you think GE MASTER would be able (or willing) to spend thousands of dollars to defend this in court against uncle sam if the time comes when the gov guys decide that we are infringing their laws (no matter how ridiculous and unfair such accusation would be), just for a small chance of winning?

SELL would be the word in a reasonable world. Sadly these people are not reasonable.
Really, I have very little faith in the fairness of the governments looking over us, specially when it comes to the interests of big entertainment multinational companies. Even if they don't hold specific rights to any of the copyrighted works related to any of our projects, they are more than willing to kill us for the sake of dissuasory effect via terror: That is, "look at what happened to these nobodies that dared to do this evil evil thing".

In resume, I'm very concerned, and I really hope nothing of what I say ends up happening in the end, but your arguments against it have been very weak so far and show a lot of naivety.

*yawn*, nice post, btw u should have a positive look on things....not negative. I will say no more so you dont end up gettin pissed off Rolling Eyes

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
In fact it's not:

I agree with Radorn but the IC3 wer here just yesderday. Thats why the pics are all gone.

Camaro
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

EternallyAries wrote:

I agree with Radorn but the IC3 wer here just yesderday. Thats why the pics are all gone.

I don't think they were, I think little baby pig just deleted all of the pictures.

CharAznable0
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Camaro wrote:
EternallyAries wrote:

I don't think they were, I think little baby pig just deleted all of the pictures.

Agreed. I think he just deleted them once that IC3 message came up.

acceptable67

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The IC3 would of sent a reply.

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well then lets just hope this plase dus not get shut down.

acceptable67

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah. Atleast we have a Chat room to discuss about this stuff [If it everh appens]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Website & Message Board Comments All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: