ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Help with ps3 controller strafe...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Online And Emulation
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CharAznable0
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 2:27 pm    Post subject: Help with ps3 controller strafe... Reply with quote Back to top

Strangely enough, yes i do use a ps3 controller for my n64 emulator, and it runs ok, but i would just like to know how to set up the strafe on it. i am using the jabo's direct input 7 1.6. if i use that nrage plugin and i try to set the strafe it says stuff like Rz- and so on, and when i try to crouch it just goes up or down and forces it so i cant control it.

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well i use the PS3 conthler and it work good till my moms PS3 ohmost died cus of it turning it on with out us noing it lol

But i wud use the rite stick to strafe that way.

radorn

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I don't use that controller and frankly, I don't like it, but that's off the point.
My only suggestion for now is that you search and download some version of N-Rage input plugin and use it instead of jabo's. Whatever your problem is, N-Rage is way more configurable than any other plugin I know, so it might help solve it. Also, I suggest that you also try to change ingame control styles (1.1, 1.2, 1.3... etc).
Finally and most important, be imaginative.

CharAznable0
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Will do Razz

CharAznable0
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

someone please upload a jsf file for the ps3 controller setup so it allows me to strafe, this is way to difficult, here is a screenie

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

oxidice
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wel that setup is a bit messed up, you see you've got Mouse axis binded as D-pad left. But anyway if you mean strafeing as in pushing 2 c-buttons in 1.2 control style to move faster, problem could be if you're using 1.2 control style and binded C-buttons to your PS3 controllers analog stick it won't work since N-rage plugin can't detect 2 analog stick directions as 2 c-buttons and if thats the problem only ways to fix are using 1.1 controller style and bind analog stick and c-buttons to different PS3 analog sticks so it can detect 2 directions from 2 analog sticks or then bind c-buttons to PS3 circle, X, square and triangle buttons.

CharAznable0
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm gonna make this easy, If someone out there uses a ps3 controller on nrage please send me their controller setup file PLEASE, im gettin really mad with this tryin to make it work

edit:
Well, i managed to get it working with jabo's plugin which is great. thanks to yous guys for trying to help, it was much appreciated, but i fixed it myself Razz

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Glad you fix it Char.

CharAznable0
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks.

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Now only one thing i for got to tell. You need to make sher the PS3 is not on cus when your useing a PS3 cothler it will sometime turn on so becareful ok.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Online And Emulation All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: