GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Zelda: Skyward Sword
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GERage
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:59 pm    Post subject: Zelda: Skyward Sword Reply with quote Back to top

What does everyone think about the new Zelda that will come out?

The control scheme and gameplay look amazing, and the art style is intriguing to say the least.

Lightning
Banned

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I wish I had a Wii.....I love Zelda games.

PaRaDoX

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I have to say that I was a little dissapointed with the art style.I was hoping the might use the same graphics engine as twillight princess(which was awesome), other that that, the new items look cool, epsecially thee wip and the flying bug thing.Another thing I'd like to know is the story and is this adventure set after twillight princess or way before

Lightning
Banned

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

BGS wrote:
I have to say that I was a little dissapointed with the art style.I was hoping the might use the same graphics engine as twillight princess(which was awesome), other that that, the new items look cool, epsecially thee wip and the flying bug thing.Another thing I'd like to know is the story and is this adventure set after twillight princess or way before

Yeah the Twilight Princess engine was awesome.

radorn

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

in fact it does use the same engine, but the art is different.
engines can be made to support many different graphical features so it's not like they are necessarily tied to a certain art style.

To make this more evident, I will tell you that Twilight Princess actually uses the same engine (an update of, probably) from Wind Waker, and it's obvious that the styles are radically different.

PaRaDoX

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Updated Engine of course.Well what I meant that I wish they'd use the same art style as Twillight Princess

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This game dus look cool but i dont no if im going to buy it.

GERage
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

BGS wrote:
Another thing I'd like to know is the story and is this adventure set after twillight princess or way before

The story's supposed to take place WAY before Twilight Princess because it'll show the origin of the Master Sword. Don't quote me on it, but it might chronologically be the first Zelda game to date.

PaRaDoX

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

^ if that's true than it'll explain the concept art with the ghostly girl

oxidice
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It is true and it actually takes place before Ocarina of Time, heres Link about Zelda "master timeline": http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3180520

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wow i cant beleve this game is befor the Ocarina of Time thats a long time.

Lightning
Banned

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

In Ocarina of Time, Link was was like 12 years old. And so what, now he's going to be like 7 years old? How does that work for the story?

radorn

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

...stop flaming the games and pay a little attention to the presented facts, will ya?
It's a known fact that Miyamoto said that in each game there's a different "set" of Zelda and Link.
That is, ocarina's Link is not the same link as wind waker's or skyward sword's.
This is made quite evident in wind waker's introduction, if you havent played it, and it's also delved into in the article oxidice linked in this thread.

HackBond

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

radorn wrote:
...stop flaming the games and pay a little attention to the presented facts, will ya?
It's a known fact that Miyamoto said that in each game there's a different "set" of Zelda and Link.
That is, ocarina's Link is not the same link as wind waker's or skyward sword's.
This is made quite evident in wind waker's introduction, if you havent played it, and it's also delved into in the article oxidice linked in this thread.

Different "Universes" like GTA has. GTA has 4 or something timelines.

GTA 1 Timeline
GTA 2 Timeline
GTA 3 Timeline (Longest one, spans from Vice City Stories to GTA 3)
GTA 4 Timeline (GTA 4 - Ballad of Gay Tony)

[Decoy] Antenna | Control | Silo | Escape

GERage
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

radorn wrote:

There are a couple exceptions, like the Link in Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask, but it's generally true. Also, wasn't Ganon(dorf) the same in both Ocarina of Time and Wind Waker, which took place hundreds of years apart? That would make me believe that there's only one Ganon(dorf) but multiple Links and Zeldas.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Game-On! All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: