ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Whats the best Paper Mario?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
EternallyAries

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:30 am    Post subject: Whats the best Paper Mario? Reply with quote Back to top

Well im wondering wich one is better out of all 3. I just download Paper mario on wii for 10 bucks and its the best 10 buck i ever spend on.

And wile im playing Paper mario. I order Super Paper Mario for wii and i cant wat till it gets here.

And i look at the Paper Mario The Thousand Year Door for Gamecube and it did not look as good as the last 2 so i did not buy it.

But im wonder wich one is the best one out of all 3 guys.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Were the first two both RPG, turn-based fighting system, style games? I remember playing the first one on the N64 and not liking it. Something about waiting to get hit by an opponent while you can't do anything about it drives me crazy. I know it's supposed to be more about strategy, but every game requires some sort of strategy to win. At least, in those, you are free to move and attack whenever you want.

The newer Super Paper Mario for the Wii looks interesting, though. I actually wish I would have boughten that instead of Super Smash Bros. Brawl. I'll probably pick it up used, since the price will be much lower.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

GERage
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

EA, I have to agree that Paper Mario on N64 is the best of the 3. I haven't tried out The Thousand Year Door or Super Paper Mario yet, though I'm considering SPM.

And Wreck, are you not an RPG person just because you dislike turn-based battles?

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Between the turn-based fighting style and random battles, yes. I know not all RPG's are like that, however. Those are the kind that I don't really care for. Feels like they take forever and are more annoying than fun. Some people absolutely love them, so it's good that they appeal to a certain group.

zoinkity

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I like the original, but mostly for all the beta item. It would kill me to play a game properly.

Slight deviation, but what about the more hands-on combat found in the newer "Tales of Phantasia" games? (Insidious plug for "Tales of Innocence", naturally)
Even being an RPG fan, some of those turn based ones can really get blasted annoying over time. Do you have any idea how much grinding "Dragon Warrior" involved? Do you?

Best turn-based game ever: the DOS classic UFO Defence, known by other names elsewhere.

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Im not into RPG games ether but i love Mario games so i download it hope to love this game and after 5 mins on reading all the stuff going on it got so much better. So Wreck maybe you sud play it agan cus maybe you may like it.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not sure if even my love for the world of Super Mario (which is very large!) is enough for me to enjoy a turn-based RPG. Perhaps if any game can do it, it's a Mario one. I do plan on downloading some games on the Virtual Console soon, so maybe I'll add that to the titles worth considering.

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Glad i hope you will enjoy it when you download it Wreck.

PaRaDoX

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I own Super Paper Mario(the Wii).I just say that it is quite a good game.Not great but still worth your money

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Glad you like Super Paper Mario BGS. So that means maybe ill like it to.

I hope ill get Super Paper Mario the next day cus i ben wating for 6 days so far.

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ok i just got Super Paper Mario and it is oh most as good as Paper Mario for N64.

Well let see if you like Super Mario Brothers 1 Then your going to love this.

The grafet are ok sent its 2D and 3D game.

the song are not as good as Paper Mario but thay work.

buts out of all that its a good game and i am enjoying it a lot.

I think if you own a Wii then you need to buy this game.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I just recently purchased the GameCube Paper Mario game as a birthday present for my brother's girlfriend. I'll probably end up borrowing it sometime, so I will be sure to post back here and let you guys know what I think of it.

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Cool. I ben wondering what that game may be like.

Oh and thar makeing a new Paper Mario game for the 3DS with is sick i hope it will be as good as Paper Mario for the N64.

El Cazador
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

EternallyAries wrote:
Cool. I ben wondering what that game may be like.

Oh and thar makeing a new Paper Mario game for the 3DS with is sick i hope it will be as good as Paper Mario for the N64.

That game would probably look really good on the 3DS.. I never got around to playing paper mario my girl has a gamecube but we only really play Mario Party on it.. Have you ever tried Super Mario Sunshine though?

And as far as RPG's go, some of the new ones are incorporating time based actions as well as turn based moves.. My buddy who played a game w/ it said he found it annoying, but if you find turn based repetative you might enjoy it a little more..

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Super Mario Sunshine was a good game, but kind of a letdown after how fantastic Super Mario 64 was. They have Mario spraying away mud around the island, and Luigi vacuuming up ghosts in an old mansion? Perhaps Nintendo had some weird cleaning obsession at the time?

Oh, by the way, don't even bother to complete Sunshine 100%. Even after you scour the levels for all of the blue coins, allowing you to get the remaining stars, you're awarded with jacksh!t. Seriously, it was a major disappointment. At least they've made a great attempt to add more content and decent congratulations to the newer Mario titles.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Game-On! All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: