ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Post your PD Setup Editor requests for various stuff here
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Carrington's Hacker Central
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I did miss your post so glad you mentioned. OK try the beta now. It gives you the choice.

00action
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I realy like how you added that, works great, Lifts shouldn't be a problem any more Very Happy
https://www.twitch.tv/00action

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

So it appears that 13 type objects are only for elevators?

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SubDrag wrote:
Sogun wrote:
One more thing. Would it be possible for the Editor to support PAL roms? That way I can extract the special characters and passing texts more easly.

I'll see if fonts are the same mechanism. If so I'll try and support.

It should be in. In order to use it, change NTSC to PAL in preferences, and quick ROM to a Perfect Dark (E), then Tools -> 39850. Only first and last tab will be open. But it should output fonts to Font dir, and also show there for saving.

CharAznable0
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not too sure if this has been thought of already, and hope it won't take up too much room, but however:

I thought it would be great if you are changing an entity body/head in the PD/GE editor, that instead of giving the head a unique name, that it would open up a window which would show you the name, as well as how the head will actually look in the game, this could go for goldeneye heads and PD heads hopefully. I don't think seeing the bodies would be relevant because you should know if you've actually like played the game xD.

This is just to save time so your not going to end up learning each head's unique name, and so you can assign whatever head you want easily.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It is a good idea, but at the moment there is the model editor (open it Tools -> Model Editor after visual window open), so it'll let you preview the heads. Not quite as good, but best can do for now.

It would also help if somebody capped a screenshot of each head and digit, and put in a web page or something.

CharAznable0
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well thanks for informing me about that, I haven't noticed about previewing the heads because I lack experience with using this program, and haven't really attempted to do anything, other than spawning folk on missions lol, with some random action block that does random stuff.

Also, are you the coder who programmed this program? What programming language was it written in?

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Merkieman wrote:
Also, are you the coder who programmed this program? What programming language was it written in?

yes, MFC C++

CharAznable0
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

MFC expand that acronym please?
Cool c++, I'm actually learning that at the moment, I got onto OOP object oreinted programming. I'm only 14 though so I wouldn't of learned that yet anyway, but outta my own interest, i get into it and outta it at times to focus on other stuff, but it does get addictive to me when you get to comprehend it

radorn

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_Foundation_Class_Library

00action
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SubDrag wrote:
So it appears that 13 type objects are only for elevators?

Not sure, we will have to go through some of the other mission setups and see if there are any other 13 objects used and see what they are linking.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I thought I had seen some other 13 type objects in mission setups, but they may have also been related to lifts. Guess you'd just have to run a search for "00 00 00 13" in a Hex Editor for each mission and see what comes up, then check out those setups in the Editor to figure out what it's doing.

Great to hear the elevators have been sorted out. I had also run into the same issue when working on a Lucerne Tower Combat Sim map (which I never did end up finishing, anyway), so it's excellent to know that it won't be affecting the level for other custom setups. Smile

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

00action
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I opened up every Setup in perfect dark to check out the "13 object Type" and the only time its used is for lifts, the same as Defection.

Found a bug: Open up the visual editor and creat 2 pads, right click on the first pad and "set case location, team 0" then right click on pad 2 and "set case location, team 1" you will see that the first pad has lost its case location and has reverted back to being a unused pad, this happens with all 4 teams.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for checking, I think can rename 13 to elevator stops.

I've posted beta which should fix Set Case location, let me know. Good catch!

00action
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yep the bases seem to be working great now, thanx

Maby you could call the "13 type object" somthing like "Door/Lift/Stop Link"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Carrington's Hacker Central All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9

Jump to: