ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Turning the gun on yourself

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Perfect Dark
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kwakkles
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:07 am    Post subject: Turning the gun on yourself Reply with quote Back to top

is suicide by its literal meaning. I can blow myself up and die due to a fire hazard in Perfect Dark, which is always considered a "suicide" even if it is unintentional. However, I can't turn the gun on myself. Why not??

No, I'm not sadistic. I like to play PD using a Scenario other than Combat. Sometimes I have all of my health gone except a little bit at the end (the bar is all red on the left), and there is no sim nearby to finish me off.

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hm i dont understand what this topic is for.

acceptable67

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Doesn't make sense.

radorn

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I think he's complaining that he can't finish himself off when he's too low on health to sustain a new encounter with the enemy.
It seems he would like to be able to use guns in addition to explosives (for when explosives are not in the weapon selection) for that purpose.
The reason seems to be that he prefers to respawn with full health than to try to survive with very low health, even at the cost of a suicide point.

Personally, I don't think this is a worthwhile feature, and I'm not sure I like the implications it would have in a game. It would probably piss the rest of the players.

acceptable67

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

blow your self up.

oxidice
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

it would also result into rather lame games when only game ending limit would be score, as you could prevent opponent from getting score

kwakkles
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

radorn wrote:
I think he's complaining that he can't finish himself off when he's too low on health to sustain a new encounter with the enemy.
It seems he would like to be able to use guns in addition to explosives (for when explosives are not in the weapon selection) for that purpose.
The reason seems to be that he prefers to respawn with full health than to try to survive with very low health, even at the cost of a suicide point.

Personally, I don't think this is a worthwhile feature, and I'm not sure I like the implications it would have in a game. It would probably piss the rest of the players.

radorn understood!! Splendid! However, you missed my line OTHER THAN COMBAT. My favorite in combat simulator is Challenge 30, king of the hill. Since the accumulation of deaths don't matter, I'd sometimes like to do a suicide.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well, PD does have a Suicide Pill, used in Counter-Operative mode. With the Perfect Editor, you could add the pill to your starting inventory. That way, you always have the option of ending your current life. Not sure how much use this feature would really see, but it'd suit your needs perfectly.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

acceptable67

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
Well, PD does have a Suicide Pill, used in Counter-Operative mode. With the Perfect Editor, you could add the pill to your starting inventory. That way, you always have the option of ending your current life. Not sure how much use this feature would really see, but it'd suit your needs perfectly.

Agreed

CharAznable0
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

There is a one-hit kill option on the combat simulator

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Perfect Dark All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: