ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Facility Speed Run Help!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nysyarc
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:13 pm    Post subject: Facility Speed Run Help!! Reply with quote Back to top

This is one of only three cheats I have yet to unlock, and although I've come close several times I now need some clarification on the last part and objective C.

Here is my question:

I just finished a run in 1:33 but after it said "Objective C Complete" I detonated the tanks and then it immediately said "Objective C Failed" as I walked through the finish (I assume because 006 was killed).

I notice in speed run videos the players never actually manually detonate the tanks, the mines seem to just explode on their own after objective C is completed... how do they do that?

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If they still have the remote mine selected as their weapon, they're probably using the "quick detonation" method. With the standard "1.1 Honey" control style, you hold the B button, and press Z. Or else, hold the reload button and press the fire button. This will detonate whatever mines have been placed, without needing to switch to the watch.

Keep on trying to get those times. I know Facility can be a pain to complete in under the 2:05 target time, but it becomes easier the more you practice.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

Nysyarc
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ah okay, thanks, good to know.

I guess I was just unlucky that Trevelyan was standing so close to the tanks when they blew up :\

Yurei
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It's to me one of the most entertaining cheats to get, yet not the easiest one. Aztec remains my black sheep. Razz

So yeah, as Wreck states it, use the quick detonation trick, and when you first go in the bottling room, talk to Alec, but quickly get away from the tanks, and throw the mines from here. Smile

If you even have time, you can destroy them with the KF7.

Nysyarc
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Holy crap I just got it! Lmao, that quick detonation came in handy and I used it to make up my own strat to combat the lag my N64 gets when a bunch of guards are chasing me.

I basically chuck a mine at the three guards who march at you in a V formation in the hallway after the security door to eliminate them, which eases the lag and allows me to get through there much quicker.

Then later, if Doak isn't in one of the glass rooms I use a mine to quickly dispose of the build-up of guards in that intersection (I got lucky I didn't kill any scientists), and then rush to another room. In this run I found him in the second room I went to, and I had like 2 segments of health left.

Problem was, because of the lag I had accidentally used two mines earlier on this run, so I was down to only 2 by this point. I had no idea how to place them to blow up all the containers, so I completely winged the placement on the floor. Trevelyan started in between the tanks and he walked out literally as I got objective C completed and the guards started spraying me.

I finished at 1:48 with practically no health left. I am so relieved that it's over... it would be much more fun if my N64 didn't lag, that was the worst part. It would get so choppy by the time I got to the Doak section (the more guards chasing me the laggier it got it seems), the KF7 automatic fire would be about as fast as a sniper rifle.

But I did it! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

If I hadn't known about that quick detonation this strat never would have worked, so thanks guys!

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Excellent work. That's definitely one of the most painful cheats to unlock, so you should be proud that you got it. If you need any help getting the other two remaining cheats, feel free to ask around. Smile

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well done getting one of the most hardest cheats in the game.

Im still working on beating this game on 00 Agant so far im at the last 3 levels in the game befor the last 2 secret levels.

SharpShooterWellSorta
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I think it's kind of cheating to use other people's strats to get the cheats, even looking at the vids can lead you along the right path.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Even the top speed-runners use other people's strategies and build upon them to record faster times. If trying out a strat you found online is becoming your last resort, than I see no real harm in it.

SharpShooterWellSorta
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
Even the top speed-runners use other people's strategies and build upon them to record faster times. If trying out a strat you found online is becoming your last resort, than I see no real harm in it.

Yeah but the top speed-runners aren't trying to get 2:05 in Facility. Wink

I totally agree with using them for a "last resort", I think everyone needs some help with games sometimes if they don't want to waste their life being stuck.

I just think part of the fun of it is figuring out what to do for yourself, and that is how the game was meant to be played for the cheats, it was meant to be hard and make you think. Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007 All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: