ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Ok guys im going to take on aztec and port it over to PD.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EternallyAries

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hm then thats werd. Becuse i did what DB faq sed and it still have not import no Textures.bin.

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I did it guys the texter are now on my level yay.

Now time to move on to other thing. How do i edit the scale in PD becuse the guys are way to big in the level.

00action
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Great to hear you got the textures sorted, i dont know why you would have problems with the scale in perfect dark because all the levels are scale 1.0, i think you may have done something wrong when converting the level.

When your in the goldeneye editor and you have the level loaded that you want to convert and you select the option to scale level it prompts you with the level scale value, do not change this value, then your level should be the rite size when you open that level in perfect dark.
https://www.twitch.tv/00action

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks 00action ill rescale it and import it then.

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ok that fix my porblem now abowt the clipping.

It takeing me for ever to just clip the 1st 3 rooms. Is thar some other way to do this ensted of of useing room editer and doing it 1 by 1?

Oh just in case to say is that i cant use clip all vertice it wont work for me what so ever. it just takes to dang long to use that.

00action
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

To be honest in converting a level the clipping is one of the biggest jobs, doing it tile by tile i feel is the best way even though it takes a while, just do a bit every day and before you know it, it will be done.
https://www.twitch.tv/00action

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

There is a conversion tool you can use in the GoldenEditor that will rescale the clipping, then allow you to export it as an .OBJ file. This can then be imported into the ported background using the Perfect Editor. Here's a link to the topic that talks about it, even though it doesn't contain much information as to how you use it...

http://www.shootersforever.com/forums_message_boards/viewtopic.php?t=4610

This will get the floors, as well as ladders and other drops, setup instantly. All that you're left with is the walls, certain ceilings, and some other necessary tweaks here and there. Not only does it save a ton of time, it also matches the original perfectly.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ok guys the clipping is done and i like to tell you all how i did it.

What i did out of bordom is the i turn off my screen saver so it wont go into it. and then i click on room editor and rite click. then i click on clip all vertice. In lest then 1 hower it started to work agan and the level wus 100% clip. And i got rid of all the clipping on the rooftops to.

So the next thing to do is edit the clipping so i wont fall thu the florr and wall lol.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The only problem I have with that method (converting all triangles in room to clipping tiles), is that it clips so much. Every triangle. That means that even the hieroglyphics will have multiple tiles, possibly up to eight tiles for each one. It's a great way to help get the map rolling along, and quickly allows you test out setup stuff, but it creates a massive file. A better, more accurate and optimized clipping file will need to be made down the road. But for now, it should get the job done.

(Hell, I'm even being very hard on myself. You know the Temple, Library and Egyptian ports I did already? The clipping seems just fine, right? Well, since I made them from scratch, they're wrong. I need to redo them all over again. I'll have to convert the original files, then add the walls back. It's a pain in the arse, but it's neccesary.)

I look forward to seeing your progress, Aries. The Moonraker Elite guards were the first body to be ported, and Jaws is near the top of the list for who is next to go. Smile

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Glad to see jaws in the top of the list Wreck.

Im ohmost done with editing the cliping.

I delete all the clipping on the roofs and uselest wall ones to.

and when i test it. It work perfet but a fill problem i have find and so far dont no how to fix. Here some pics to help what im talking abowt.

I dont no why it wont let me walk under the pilier for some odd resen but i hope we can fix that problem soon.

I dont no why i need to lean to go under this arch way but one i going under that one arch i can walk agan.

And how can i get the ladder to work.

Now i dont no if im going to add this one but just in case how do i make so if i fall in this pit ill die.

Ones i can get all that fix i can move on with the setup and get that done.

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hm sofar no help yet on my problems. I hope some one here can help me.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I ran into a similar issue in Caves. Because the wall is slanted, your head is bumping into it. The only way to walk below the slanted section, is to crouch down. I haven't had a chance to see if there are similar situations in Perfect Dark, and then check out how they were handled. If there is a way to set a clipping tile that you can walk through, but also prevents the guard AI from seeing and shooting through it, it'll be easily fixable. Let's hope that option is available to us.

For the pit, PD will trigger your death automatically, once you fall out of the map far enough. You could remove the tiles that exist at the bottom of those pits, and test it out. In theory, it should work. I personally don't like the idea of death drops in GoldenEye, other than in Cradle, as it makes it feel kind of cheap.

As for the ladder, you need to set a different type. I think you have to set the bits individually in the Visual Window. I don't have access to the Editor right now, so this is all kind of from memory. When you right-click on the tile you want to modify, there should be a "Check" and "Uncheck" bits option. You'll want to set it as follows...

0 would be unchecked, and 1 would be checked. Try that out and see what happens. I believe it worked for 00action when he needed a ladder in Train, so it should do the trick.

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks Wreck ill see if i can fix the clipping tomaro becuse it is way to late rite now and i got to go to bed.

The arch way seems to be are biggest problems rite now. So ill leave that one last on my list of fixest.

Thanks for the ladder faq. Ill see if that will work.

And now the pits. Its your pick if you dont want the pits to kill you it is your prajet. But i do have to say that your rite it is a cheap kill after testing it befor i go to bed.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Death drops were briefly considered in the Complex, but almost immediately decided against. It might have worked alright for Perfect Dark in some spots, but it really just doesn't feel right in GoldenEye. I'd like to avoid using them in every map other than Cradle. It's a little more work to fix up, since you need to add clipping that acts as a railing, but it keeps the proper GE feel.

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ok i compleat the clipping. All the problems are fix but the pit with ill fix later.

Ok i need help on the setup like objects plasment and stuff. And port objects from Goldeneye.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: