ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

[Map] Temple: Oct 5th, 2010

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:30 pm    Post subject: [Map] Temple: Oct 5th, 2010 Reply with quote Back to top

Simulants are now fully supported for this level!

Play testing with two Moonraker Elites against three Civilians in a Capture the Flag match.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've taken a break from the Library to do something a little more straight forward. I went with the Temple, since it is another easy-to-clip map, and I have the PD Temple to use for reference. Right now, the setup I've constructed is pretty much a mock-up of the Perfect Dark version (which is really just a cleaned up and extended take on the original), using the converted setup the Editor exported. The two extra weapon sets (one converted from an armour, another completely new, both acting as a shield by default) are in the same locations that the extra sets were included in PD. I've kept the arrangement from GE, though. That might benefit from changing, however. The four Hills are also in the same rooms, for now. The spawns are in the same positions and order, as well. Many of the pads utilized in PD were actually in GE, but skipped over for some odd reason.

Anyways, I just need to tweak a few things, fix up some clipping colours, create the bases, and it test it out with someone online. It's weird playing Temple on GoldenEye after doing this, since I keep wanting to hop off ledges. It really is a very welcome feature.

I'll be going to my brothers tomorrow for about a week or so, so I won't be able to work on this stuff during that time. Thought you guys wouldn't mind seeing my progress before going.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

Last edited by Wreck on Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

radorn

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

you should change your nick from Wreck to "Werk" Wink
man you get these out fast. Anyway, I just love seeing them, and will love to also play them too, and hopefully they won't crash on hardware, like other PD hacks.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, I really have to get you another patch to test out. That weird freezing issue that was occuring with Mupen64 hasn't been happening this last little while. Before it'd temporarily pause the gameplay at certain moments (some predictable, others more random - though almost always after stepping off of an elevator). The music would continue to play, but sound all garbled. It'd eventually right itself and gameplay would resume, but it seemed to flat-out crash on the hardware (judging by your videos you sent me). If this isn't posing a problem via emulation anymore, I have to wonder if it'd be better on console, as well. We'll have to get you to test it out again. Not sure if you had a chance to try the most recent patch I had PM'd to you, but I believe that one played alright on my PC.

radorn

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

oh, since you said that you'd soon have a new one I waited for that instead. I can still try it if you want.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, it wouldn't be a bad idea to check out that one. I won't be back home to create a new patch for a few more days, so we might as well do with what we can in the meantime. Thanks.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've put in the cases and team spawns, following the same arrangement as in the PD Temple. Strangely, Rare didn't follow the standard formula used for these. The pads usually go in order of six spawns, then one case - four times. However, they decided to set the case first on the final set. This actually put the case in a different position on my port, since I didn't realize it at the time. I did notice that the points were oddly set, so I made some small changes to them. It seems a bit more appropriate, when comparing the two together. These, as well as the hills, may very well be moved at a later time.

That having been said, I think the Temple is ready enough for online testing. The only thing really missing from it is the path network. Until that is created, the simulants won't be able to move from their starting positions. For now, it's strictly for human players only.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It's the Temple of Lovin'...

Finished adding the three ported characters to the preview ROM. They are all setup in the Combat Simulator menu under three of the Dinner Jacket slots. Each has their own name, stats and hands. Only custom one is for the Moonraker. The one I chose for Trevelyan doesn't look very good, so I may need to search for another. Natalya's looks kind of manly, but even Rare used man hands for some female bodies. Unless I find something else that is better suiting, the other one will stay.

Other than finishing up a few more loose ends in the maps, all that is left is a weapon or two. I'll need to figure out a good way to work them in. Once a few more things are wrapped up, it's official testing time. Smile

(I think scale and POV factor into the body setup table, so will check into it)

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Huge update for Temple:
After getting the Complex Path Network setup, I decided to try the same with Temple. There were a few points that needed to be removed, but most of it was good as-is. Sims are now able to navigate the entire stage, and can even use the drops correctly, without trying to climb back up them from below. It's really a great addition to the level.

Check out the added image to the first post.

00action
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Two previous levels now supporting sims, this is a great update and love the pictures. Very Happy
https://www.twitch.tv/00action

Trevor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This is good news and a grait achivement getting drops to work correctly.

Temple however is a level where I actualy prefer PD's layout. Of cource, being GE I can see why the origonal fits better Smile

Trev

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: