ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

New trailer (not that new any longer xD)
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> James Bond Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
radorn

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:04 pm    Post subject: New trailer (not that new any longer xD) Reply with quote Back to top

http://gbatemp.net/t249493-goldeneye-007
not much to say yet

Last edited by radorn on Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

acceptable67

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

*large yawn*

Looks okay. :/

Kode-Z
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I presume "Memorial" is "Statue"...

From what I have seen so far, it's just a glorified CoD clone - nothing more. I'll most likely give it a rent when it comes out, just to see how it plays.

And do they really need to keep mentioning the N64 GE by saying things like "10 classic modes are back!"

NapalmNero
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

They've recently talked about how the online multiplayer will include "XP Progression"

Neutral

Really? They couldn't have gone with any other engine that is workable on the Wii?

The Conduit's Engine? Can't tell me that wasn't available. Way to completely kill a great idea Nintendo :\

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

"GoldenEye is back. Get your friends."

Well, if this were the XBLA update that was supposed to come out, that statement would be much closer to the truth. However, I do like the looks of some of the things I've seen. It's also nice that they're adding other classic Bond villains into the mix. The gameplay, especially in multiplayer, doesn't grab me at all. I'm thinking that the mission campaign will probably be more appealing, or at least to me. If this game were to run on a much improved version of the GoldenEye engine, it'd have the potential to kick some serious butt. Unfortunately, it does not.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well i got to say is that i love all the vids thay show sofar. But thay do need to show more levels thu.

PaRaDoX

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

well I seem to like what I see so far

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, me too. I don't really see anything wrong with this, it's clear it's running on a new engine, but it still looks fun. I guess I'm just not as jaded against modern FPS games as some people.

radorn

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm far from convinced.
Someone record a watch worthy playthrough and upload it so I can enjoy the game Razz

Kode-Z
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I never thought that I'd say it, but the more I see the trailers, the more I get intrigued!

I guess a Wii GE is better than no GE! I don't know if I'll ever play the multiplayer, but the single player doesn't seem too bad. I'm wondering what the Train level will play like! Smile

My only reservations now is the fact that Daniel Craig is playing the lead instead of Brosnan and the inclusion of regenerating health. Rolling Eyes

PacmanPlush
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Kode-Z wrote:
My only reservations now is the fact that Daniel Craig is playing the lead instead of Brosnan and the inclusion of regenerating health. Rolling Eyes

The hardest difficulty mode uses the classic health bar, rather than having your health regenerate. Very Happy Of course, the game is structured around having health regen, so this could make things unnecessarily difficult. I imagine they'll have health packs, or your health will be refilled when you restart from a checkpoint to balance things out.

At first I thought it would be weird having Craig instead of Brosnan, but I've gotten used to the idea. Really, it's just swapping one Bond for another. A tad disrespectful, sure, but at least they're keeping the role within the Bonds. And to be fair, there's a chance Brosnan couldn't return for contractual reasons, I don't know what deal was made when they dropped him from the films.

(I definitely see where you're coming from, though. I'll admit Brosnan wasn't my favourite Bond, and maybe that's the problem. If EA hadn't had Sean Connery in their FRWL game, I probably wouldn't even be aware of its existence.)

What gets me is having that generic looking guy they've done up for Trevelyan. In GoldenEye, Tomorrow Never Dies, and TWINE, the characters at least looked like they did in the movies, even if the actors didn't voice the characters. I mean, if Sean Bean refused to have his likeness appear in the game, fine. I doubt it, though. His portrait appeared in the original, his likeness was used in the Lord of the Rings games, and he voiced a character in Oblivion. The man's not opposed to video games. Really, it seems more like Activision didn't even try. I dread to think what they've done to Valentin.

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thay maybe made Valentin more fat in this one lol. Laughing

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Has anyone else seen the shot of Ourumov? He looks completely different, too. These faces are incredibly generic and make no attempt at even trying to resemble any other famous actors (even if only slightly). I'm very curious to see the female characters. One would have to imagine that both Natalya and Xenia are still part of this storyline, but what they'll look like is anyone's guess.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

PacmanPlush
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
Has anyone else seen the shot of Ourumov? He looks completely different, too. These faces are incredibly generic and make no attempt at even trying to resemble any other famous actors (even if only slightly). I'm very curious to see the female characters. One would have to imagine that both Natalya and Xenia are still part of this storyline, but what they'll look like is anyone's guess.

It's just bizarre. I actually just found this, you can see all the characters here:
http://goldeneyegame.com/canvas/

Click the game overview tab, then click Dossiers.

Bond looks like Daniel Craig, of course. It's a good likeness.

The rest... ugh. Natalya looks like a pop singer, some say an older Miley Cyrus. Mishkin looks like he stepped out of The Matrix. Xenia is a blonde, and doesn't look the least bit threatening. Like I'm really supposed to believe this little blonde woman is a psychotic murderer. Ourumov looks like a boy playing dress-up with his dad's hat. Rolling Eyes

EternallyAries wrote:
Thay maybe made Valentin more fat in this one lol. Laughing

Man, I wish they had! When you think "Valentin," you think "big fat guy." Not this muscular gangster with tattoos and scars.

If they called them all by different names, there'd be no problem. We know who Valentin is, but if they called him Ivan Mikhail? Much better. Still lousy character design, but at least there's no precedent as to what "Ivan Mikhail" should look like.

But the weirdest part? Jaws, Oddjob, Scaramanga, Blofeld and Samedi look EXACTLY like the actors that played them- even if they should have gone with the iconic You Only Live Twice version of Blofeld.

So it's clear that they could have used the likenesses of the real actors, except perhaps Pierce Brosnan. They just chose not to. Yeah, yeah- it's a modernized retelling of the same story. Whatever. These new characters are really uninspired. Mad

That said, the character designs don't really impact the gameplay. If the game is fun, in my eyes, that overrides their other missteps.

But let's be honest- one of the best parts of GE's multiplayer was being able to play as your favourite characters from the movie. Boris was useless- his bright shirt and shootable face made him stick out like a sore thumb. Valentin was twice as wide as the other characters and made for a very easy target. But hey, you're playing as these awesome characters and that's so cool! Cool The characters in the new game- eh.

Good thing the multiplayer looks horrendous and I won't play it anyway, or I'd be even more disappointed. Smile

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Man the characters looks werd in this game.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> James Bond Games All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: