ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Gameshark 3.2 Doesn't Work
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Console Workshop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fierfek
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:36 pm    Post subject: Gameshark 3.2 Doesn't Work Reply with quote Back to top

I bought a Gameshark 3.2, and it doesn't work at all. Whenever I put in a game, nothing happens except an 8 on the timer. Not even Goldeneye works on this thing. Any suggesions on fixing it?
So why do you want a war with me?"
Ash - War With Me

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe you sud put in Super Mario 64 in the gameshark it usely works.

But if that did not work use all the games you have and hope to god you did not buy a brocend gameshark.

00Dark

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Nintendo 64 GameSharks are very flaky sometimes. Try the legendary trick of blowing on the cartridge and make sure there isn't a key code set. If there is, then you need the proper game. If you don't know which game it's key coded for then you're out of luck unless you do the GameShark upgrade procedure. For this you'll need a computer with a native parallel port on the motherboard (not a PCI parallel port card or anything). I'm not sure about Windows Vista and 7, but I know Windows XP definitely works with the official GameShark 3.3 utilities. You can download them here...

http://doc.kodewerx.org/tools/n64/gs_pro_utils.zip

http://doc.kodewerx.org/tools/n64/patch_n64_utils.zip

So all you need to do is take a working GameShark Pro and connect a male to female 25-pin parallel port cable to it, then stack the screwed GameShark on top of it. Next, place whatever game works with the good GameShark on top of that broken one. Now flip on your N64 and open the patched N64 Utilities and go to the GameShark upgrade tab. Make sure you overwrite the code list and settings (still back up your code lists though) so that the set key code on the messed up GameShark will be reset. If all goes well then try popping in GoldenEye or Mario 64 into the one you were having trouble with. The key code setting should be erased and you should have a nice version 3.2 Shark. Wink

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Another good tip to remember: try cleaning the GameShark with a Q-Tip. I do this quite often, and it usually results in success. Not sure if this is all you need in your situation, though.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I did the Q-tip thing and it work. But this is one of the thing you need to becarefull abowt. when i did the Q-tip on my 3rd time it complety brock my prong thing i forgot the name lol but it brock my gameshark. And man i wus so piss off lol. Laughing

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You broke part of your Shark? Yikes. I only ever clean the front and back sides of the bottom edge, maybe half an inch up. Gets all the black crap that builds up on it off, and seems to help it start up better. Sounds like you beat yours up with a cotton ended stick! Razz

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Lol. If you want i cud show a pic of my gameshark to show you the broken prong.

Bowser N64
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wow that must suck to have broken your Gameshark. I'm sorry man! Hey I have a question, I read about upgrading the 3.2 Gameshark? Does that just fix his problem, or does it upgrade a Gameshark to 3.3?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
EternallyAries

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I dont think upgrading it will help.

You know i'm still wondering when this guy will tell us if he got it to work or not lol.

Bowser N64
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, I have found several methods, just through experience, of how to revive broken Gamesharks, but if you break the hardware, there's unfortunately little that can be done to remedy that. I can imagine how it would feel to have broken your Gameshark physically. Sad day... Sad

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
EternallyAries

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yup it was very sad when i broke my Gameshark.

To bad that i cant revive it again so i can play with the new codes that are coming out on my N64.

acceptable67

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

My gameshark didn't want to work anymore so I got pissed and threw it at a wall.

That sort of made sure it didn't work.

Bowser N64
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wow. About throwing it at the wall, you must have been really mad...

acceptable67

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Bowser N64 wrote:
Wow. About throwing it at the wall, you must have been really mad...

Yeah I was. The smallest thing's can annoy the heck out of me.

But I eventually got a new one that worked [I'm pretty sure it was the N64's fault, not the GameSharks, but oh well, that was like 4 years ago.] and I also bought a GameShark for the PS2, which was pretty fun.

cgrongs
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

EternallyAries wrote:
Maybe you sud put in Super Mario 64 in the gameshark it usely works.

But if that did not work use all the games you have and hope to god you did not buy a brocend gameshark.

Yeah, I have found several methods, just through experience, of how to revive broken Gamesharks, but if you break the hardware, there's unfortunately little that can be done to remedy that. I can imagine how it would feel to have broken your Gameshark physically. Sad day...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Console Workshop All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: