ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

What causes death from falling in pd?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Perfect Dark
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PaRaDoX

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:02 am    Post subject: What causes death from falling in pd? Reply with quote Back to top

yes I was wondering what causes you to die when your falling? Is there an action block with a timer that goes off when you fall? Because when I did the elevator glitch in Pipes and went really high and then I fell down I died before even hitting the ground.This was just on my mind for a couple of days already so I would love an answer Very Happy

radorn

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I don't actually know myself, but I'd presume it's some special kind of clipping/collision tile, and probably falling beyond the level's limits causes death too, like in datadyne central, if you manage to get outsude of the main door and walk too far and fall. I doubt rare took the time to place death tiles in there.

Yurei
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I was thinking of the falling speed perhaps? It doesn't make much sense tho since you can achieve high falls in Ravine...

PaRaDoX

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yurei wrote:
I was thinking of the falling speed perhaps? It doesn't make much sense tho since you can achieve high falls in Ravine...

Yeah but when you way up high using the elevator glitch or moonjump and then fall you'll die

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The same thing happens to me to but in my Aztec level.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It's an automatic response to the player falling out of the clipped environment. I'm not sure how it knows just when to trigger your death, but there's probably some special settings involved.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

Jedi QuestMaster
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I was going to say that maybe it just kills you when you're falling anywhere except in certain areas.

But this doesn't kill you:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-elM-54vn7Y#t=2m

Trevor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

WOW, Area 51 is one level, and its huge!

Its a pretty complex way to get out, he must have been at that for hours...

Trev

PaRaDoX

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Jedi QuestMaster wrote:
I was going to say that maybe it just kills you when you're falling anywhere except in certain areas.

But this doesn't kill you:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-elM-54vn7Y#t=2m

But that wasn't a really long fall in the first place.But that theory doesn't seem to make sense either because if you fall in tSkledar Ruins you'll die too but the "death zone" is only a couple of feet down

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hm Then it must be random or something becuse thar is no clipping down thar so thar sud be no way to die when falling down thar.

PaRaDoX

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wrecks theory seems to make sense too

jim102
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It is interesting. Never tried to ask here before. In Ravine, sometimes you take more time to die instead of falling down normally. I mean if you fall from less higher places.

A clipping effect to take few advantages against simulants.

CharAznable0
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yes i noticed that too, it can sometimes take far longer to die, normally when i just fall off a normal edge i die instantly but with ravine its different, and I believe it kills you when you just enter that area, but not hitting the ground, maybe there is an option out there for that too.

acceptable67

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You can obviously tell it's a tile, hands down. You can literally see the bodies laying on the ground, even though it's not the 'Ground'. (In response to the topic question, not what you guys were posting above Wink)

CharAznable0
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I know im a noob at this PD editing stuff..and I don't have much experience with the program. I will try to do some projects though, help wreck and whoever, if thats ok. Once I get my new pc. Also can't action blocks be assigned in combat simulator, and would there be one by any chance that like executes as soon as it suddenly detects you falling for a certain distance? Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Perfect Dark All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: