ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Your Success Fighting DarkSims on one hit kill mode
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Perfect Dark
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TH126
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:37 pm    Post subject: Your Success Fighting DarkSims on one hit kill mode Reply with quote Back to top

Hello all. I just beat a DarkSim on one hit kill mode earlier today. The first time I actually ever beat a DarkSim to be honest!! And I've played PD for a long time! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTGSslruh-c

The video is above. I was wondering if you guys had any success fighting a DarkSim on one hit kill mode, I'm interested to see how many people actually pulled it off or failed numerous times like me till now Very Happy

I think its very challenging fighting the Sim with one hit kill mode on, a lot more challenging then with health. I tried it with health afterward and I beat the simulant once again. It felt wayyy harder with one hit kill mode on. What do you guys think?

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Very nice.
DarkSims kick the crap out of me normally, so one-hit kills would just be insanely difficult. Their aim is ridiculously good, even from great distances. I honestly don't think I'd stand a chance in the same situation as your video.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

CharAznable0
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Nice video, I don't think I would've won that, so gratz Smile

maybe no radar would make it even more scary

acceptable67

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
Very nice.
DarkSims kick the crap out of me normally, so one-hit kills would just be insanely difficult. Their aim is ridiculously good, even from great distances. I honestly don't think I'd stand a chance in the same situation as your video.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

No radar against a DarkSim?
You might as well turn off the lights and crank up the volume, cause that's going to be a terrifying experience. That could give you nightmares, for real. Shocked

TH126
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I think we can admit that no-radar verses a DarkSim on one-hit kill mode is impossible! That is indeed a nightmare. A nightmare that involves getting Magsec'd in the face numerous times Wink

Yurei
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Now you have made me want to record myself playing PD aswell...

And wow, great vid, but honestly, was Easton affraid of H1N1 this much so that he wears a mask? :p

fantsu

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Playing without radar works. But the game changes to a camping party then.
Laughing Laughing

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

My god! Shocked i dont no how you beat a darksim with one shot kill on. but congrats man.

I wonder if someone can beat it with out the radar.

It wud be a terrifying game. But funny to see lol.

TH126
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

just beat the DarkSim with Normal Health to test if it was harder or easier. It was alot easier, but still a pain. The DarkSim is no match for a human Smile Video is below if you are interested in seeing it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gY8PAbuB6f0&feature=email

Entropy Soldier
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

so no-one here has beaten challenge 29 i take it?

TH126
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

G5 with 2 darksims or perfectsims? I can't remember. I beat it on my N64 a while back, never confirmed if they were Perfect or Dark sims. If they are darksims then I have beaten a darksim before. Working on getting 201% in the XBLA version and I'm approaching challenge 29, It should all come back to me then.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I remember that challenge with the two sims in the G5 Building (CS). That was a serious pain in the ass. I think I've beaten it twice. Once on an old save, and once on a newer one. Not sure which challenge number that was, but it took some time to complete.

oxidice
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Since some of you seem to think playing DarkSim LTK with no radar would be rather difficult or would go as far as saying it impossible I decided to make video of that to show that its not impossible, just somewhat challenging, but nothing that good gameplay plan and little aiming won't fix. Razz I also tried to remain as much as I felt was safe on attacking side and being on movement, instead of camping, for sake of video, since it would be rather boring to watch video where you just camp at good spots and kill Sim without much trouble.

Edit: I reuploaded vid since old had framerate problems and messed up emulator settings which i discovered during recording http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6Ko0-4A4Ko

Last edited by oxidice on Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:47 am; edited 1 time in total

TH126
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thats quite impressive. Did u ever try it on a level without doors? Its way harder

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Perfect Dark All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: