ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

old GE shotguns vs GE:X shotguns

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X
View previous topic :: View next topic  
klobb
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 6:32 am    Post subject: old GE shotguns vs GE:X shotguns Reply with quote Back to top

In GE:X I like how the automatic shotgun and normal shotgun fire/ reload. The shotgun pumps after each shot like normal while the auto shotgun allows continuous shots. I remember in GE how the auto shotgun worked, It felt like a more powerful thotgun and that was it. Fire rates originally felt the same, but firepower was a bit different. GE:X accurately differentiates them and It's details like these that make both guns more or less work as they should have from the beginning. I remember in GE i was like, "what's the difference besides firepower?" GE:X made the difference. Great job with the hack guys, I can't wait to re-experience the game all over again. I haven't played the missions yet cause of spoilers I want to save until the whole campaign is ready.
Because imps have ear wax and cats have lips.
sho is whatever it wants to be.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks, I am glad you liked the change. Both shotguns in the original did seem very much the same, with only accuracy and power separating them. The animations do quite a bit to change the feel and function of them.

Well, it is going to be some time before the whole mission campaign is done. I hope you have at least been trying out the multiplayer mode in the meantime.

klobb
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've been playing it quite a bit recently. The assignments are very well made, I love the selection of maps and scenarios, making new gun setups, and how well the simulants use their weapons. I noticed the CS crash and looked for a cause and I think I found something. When you customize your character/simulant, something with the models happens, and the game freezes when i load a match. A fix to sometimes works is going back to main menu, exit it completely, wander around a bit, and then load your game. It works every once in a while. I've read about others having this issue and I figured I'd try to see what's wrong. On the other hand, PD does this to me sometimes as well. Probably just a simple emulation issue, maybe not. You guys have all done an excelent job on this. Keep up the good work Very Happy
Because imps have ear wax and cats have lips.
sho is whatever it wants to be.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, I experience crashing frequently in PD when emulating it. Usually when attempting to start a mission or match. Shouldn't happen on console. If it does, than it is either something wrong with the level (BG, clipping, setup, pads, object, character, etc.), or even memory related.

Fillerthefreak
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

@Wreck.

PD only seems to crash on PJ64, other emulators seem to get ti right.

Dunno why, though.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ah, perhaps that is right. I use both Mupen and PJ64 to test things, and do seem to encounter more crashes on PJ64.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: