ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

[MULTIPLAYER]G5 Building (Solo) 2.0

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Carrington's Hacker Central
View previous topic :: View next topic  
00Dark

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:27 am    Post subject: [MULTIPLAYER]G5 Building (Solo) 2.0 Reply with quote Back to top

I've updated G5 Building Recon multiplayer to have all solo objects and doors. It's another excellent multiplayer setup and has been long overdue for an updating so please enjoy...

http://user.xthost.info/00dark2/g5reconcs%5B00dark%5D.zip

http://user.xthost.info/00dark2/mupen64.ini

SubDrag: Please update GoldenEye Vault and thank you again.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Updated

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Looks pretty nice, 00Dark. I'll have to give it a playthrough soon. I'll also have to remeber to make an update to the thread for this map in the "For Your Eyes Only" forum.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

00Dark

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I just think that each multiplayer setup I make for a mission level is like a baby to me! I seriously appreciate the Perfect Dark Setup Editor and when I played I was like "Woah, PD is the best Nintendo 64 game!" I really loved playing in the Combat Simulator against simulants on Chicago and I absolutely love my first four levels --> G5 Recon, Chicago, dD Central, and dD Labs. So I think that these four are pretty much done and I'm satisfied with them enough to call them final releases. I'm trying to take on Area 51 multiplayer now, but my Perfect Dark Setup Editor will not visualize any levels. It's just the Visual Editor. I believe it's random, flaky crashing, but it's gotten so bad that it does it every time so I really don't know. The error message is Critical Error: Lost device g_pd3dDe... and it says Trying to recover... Right before the crash error displays I noticed that up at the top of the window it says Visual Editor (Not Responding).

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It's really good for you to take a lot of pride in your work. One thing I always try to remember when I'm working on something: if it isn't good enough for me, it's not getting released. That would explain why multiple things I've shown off or talked about have never been let out to the public.

I look foward to seeing what other CS maps you create. Hopefully you can figure out a way around those Visual Window issues, or choose other levels that do load up properly in the meantime.

00Dark

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Okay so my plan is after I figure out a final release for Area 51 I'm going to do the same with Air Base. After Air Base is finished it'll be Air Force one, skip Crash site (because it's all ready out), and then I'll finally be moving on. I can all ready envision Deep Sea multiplayer and how cool it'll be. Carrington Institute multi is going to be huge like the Infiltration Beta multi because the device training area, plus the main Institute floors, plus the rest below make it very big. I always like having long-haul Capture the Case runs when the bases are at opposite ends of a level like that. It makes it so players get nervous and also makes each capture much more valuable and cherished because you made it all the way back through numerous perils and hardships. Having bases ridiculously close, but blocked off so one has to go all the way around for several kilometers because there was a silly, teasing barrier in between both bases is a fun joke too. Hoverbikes and sniping in the current Infiltration multiplayer release, plus those long haul CTC runs are something to be proud of. Multiplayer action in the hangar lifts with jetbikes, hovercrates stuck with proximity or remote mines, and other creative ways to kill are just brilliant. Sniping from the Hangar office while a CTC base is placed up there is cool because you're opponents will be ambushed so far ahead of their desired case capture while teammates guard the the window.

I should probably write my own strategy guide... Razz

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well done 00Dark.

That looks fun to play.

Oh and the Visual editor problem can be fix by reinstalling the editor.

Just make sher you back up your files.

oldyz

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

your hacks are very good 00dark
keeping all the objects possibble of the single player mode
for use in multi is the best thing.

I always thought the lack of objects made the multi player maps look
"dead"

i wish i could play this on the real 64 but i guess the objects strain the real hardawe , no?

i wonder what carrington villa with all those wine bottles would be like

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I think you can play this on the N64 by buying a N64 flashcarts.
I never seen one but i think Radorn has one thu.

radorn

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

EA is right, but there are some caveats

GE hacks work on hardware, but sometimes they fail to load and secondary indices can glitch up a bit sometimes. The load problems can be fixed most or all of the times.

PD hacks work on hardware too, but there are also problems. There seems to be a seemingly random freeze problem we haven't quite determined the cause of yet. The screen freezes with partial or total garbaging-up of the framebuffer, but background music keeps playing xD. It's most likely fixable.

This happens because emulation of n64 is far from accurate (the actual method of emulating it is, in fact, a big hack, so it's understandable), and what works under emulation, which represents quite acuratelly the state of the level of knowledge about the N64 publicly available, won't necesarily work on hardware due to these inaccuracies.

Some of these inaccuracies occur because, at times, emulation is "more perfect" than the actual hardware. I've been told by n64 dev guys that the n64 hardware has some "bugs" or little strange behaviors which are not "accurately" replicated in emulators.
In a way, this makes emulators superior to hardware in some aspects. The problem is emulators are supposed to accuratelly imitate the hardware, with bugs and all. Fixing or failing to reproduce them could break software that uses these bugs as a feature, and inversely, developing software for a emulator and not accounting for the bug (because you don't know about it or how to deal with it) can make things that work on an emu, fail on hardware.

thanks for reading my long and pointless rants Wink

Last edited by radorn on Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:31 am; edited 1 time in total

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You're welcome. Razz

v2057
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I cannot figure out how to get this running. I got the Goldeneye/Perfect Dark editor and I goto Apply PD XDelta patch, run it to Perfect Dark 1.1, and then save. When I run the rom (I'm using Project 64), PJ64 recognizes it as an Unknown Rom. It gets to the character load screen, but shows no recent saved data and does NOT allow me to make a new profile. It's like all of the saving stuff is broken, therefore I cannot even get past that screen. I've tried everything I can think of to try and fix it. Even saving a state on the unpatched rom and loading it on the patched rom (no dice, it just freezes).

I've tried looking into the problem, but it seems like all the information about this is scattered. I really wish there was a definitive place (like a stickied thread) to go to to troubleshoot. If any of you gurus can help me out, I'd really appreciate it. Also my complete thanks goes out to you awesome guys for putting your time into this stuff. I've been playing this game religiously with a friend (we've got dual monitors with paper to prevent screenpeaking), and we literally have been playing this till the early morning for several weeks now. I'm an old PD/GE fan. Played PD religiously when it originally came out, and I don't even need to get into Goldeneye...

-V

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Carrington's Hacker Central All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: