ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Also for DS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> James Bond Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
radorn

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 3:22 pm    Post subject: Also for DS Reply with quote Back to top

All the "Gee" (Wii+GE) talk got me interested in getting more info in DS's version of this.
Just found out it's being made by the makers of other horrible FPSs I know, one of them being Geist, for GC. A crap game a certain banned user seemed to love.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/N-Space

Tell us your horrible experiences with the games listed there...

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Oh god this game is going to suck on DS.

I only own 2 game made by this company and it is call.

Call of Duty World at War

Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare

The Call of duty 4 one sucks and the Call of Duty World at War only like it becuse of online but it did suck tho.

Quote:
one of them being Geist, for GC. A crap game a certain banned user seemed to love.

I no who your talking about lol.

NapalmNero
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

> n-Space
> Duke Nukem Time to Kill
allofmyhate

Brad M
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

We have to stop automatically thinking it's going to suck. It might be a great game!

radorn

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

want to bet something on that? xD

NapalmNero
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Brad M wrote:
We have to stop automatically thinking it's going to suck. It might be a great game!

Read my post..

when a company makes a Duke Nukem game.. it's a mark of death.

GOODBYE GEARBOX!

radorn

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well, well, I've just tried the DS version.

I really can't be arsed to make a complex comentary on it.
absolutelly crappy controls, constant hand-holding throught the mission, stuttering engine... really, it's crap, just as I expected.

graphics aren't bad though... but who cares about that when everything else is crap.

the controls are so bad that I died before entering the tunnel at the start of the level because it wouldn't allow me to properly aim at the enemies...
I didn't care enough to try again.

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wait where did you play the DS game?

radorn

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

duh, on my ds xD

Ryani
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You didn't play Rogue Agent and Metroid Prime Hunters?

They convinced me FPS DS is a bad idea. RPG DS is brilliant, but there are some things which shouldn't exist.

Don't bother guys, you'll feel worse if you do.

radorn

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

sorry, but I disagree with you.
MP hunters is a good example that FPSs in the DS can be done well, at least control wise (I would have adjusted a few things, but the control is still responsive and useful and I can easily adjust to it).
The bad controls of this GE remake aren't to blame on the input method (touchscreen, etc), but on the lazyness and lack of care by the developers.
I don't know what hardships you find with MPH, but I can control it with ease, so I don't find that the DS is the one to blame but rather n-Space.
Plus, I wouldn't put MPH and rogue agent on the same bag, man.
I can't say MPH is the perfect game or that I really enjoyed it. In fact I didn't like it much, but it's loads better than rogue agent in every aspect, including controls.
I should also add that even rogue agent controls are better than ds ge's, or at least I think I remember them to be.

Ryani
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I didn't say MPH had bad controls, the engine was pretty decent for what it was. The game itself is just an example of how stale DS FPSes are, same bosses, same enemies, looping circumstances. It was a bad game, especially in comparison to the GCN Prime games. You could have played a third of it and you've played the whole thing twice XD This is a more personal preference, but the stylus control was laggy and the button mode gave me hand cramps after a single 10 min match >.>

Rogue Agent was awful though, impossible controls, half the game was cut out, cutscenes were reduced to a single paargraph of text... the ending was crap, "YOU HAVE WON. THE BAD GUYS DIED." WTF was that O_o

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hunters' suckiness had nothing to do with the platform and everything to do with it being nothing like a real Metroid game. The multiplayer portion was fine, but the single player definitely left something to be desired.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> James Bond Games All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: