ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Your favourite setup

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Perfect Dark
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CharAznable0
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:41 am    Post subject: Your favourite setup Reply with quote Back to top

Hello there, i would like to hear from all of your favourite setups in perfect dark, like the type of guns you choose, the mode, options and the sims, along with their head and body, i would like to hear of one that is very challenging and addictive, but i suppose perfect dark is addictive altogether Razz

acceptable67

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The guns I choose are usually magnums/AR7/And that other Ak gun.. [Havent played PD in ages suprisingly].

The sims I like to choose are the CI Soldiers against the Datadyne shock fleet. [Given the idea from the level in the game]

Mode is combat.

Head's are default, and usually there on normal difficulty.

fantsu

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Weapons:
CC13
Falcon2
MagSec4

sometimes Magnum or Shotgun

Combat
One-Hit-Kills
No autoaim
No crosshairs
Fast movement

Map:
Grid or Felicity

10 points
infinite time

PaRaDoX

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

weapons:
callisto
rc-p120
k7avenger
most are rifles

setup:combat
sims: all random

oxidice
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I like playing with non-automatic weapons and sets that include only pistols. Also Dragons and Proxies is one customs set that I like and some other sets like All Devastators or Shotguns. I also like some really messed up sets with bunch of weapons that are all about getting control of map/battle area instead of direct damage like N-Bombs,Remote mines, Proxies,Knives,Combat Boost but nobody else really wants to play with that kind of weapons it seems :/

TH126
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've played a lot of Perfect Dark in the past and played the combat simulator to death on both the N64 and XBLA. My favorite setup is similar to the famous "LTK w/Pistols" scenario in Goldeneye.

Scenario - Combat
One-Hit Kills
Auto-aim off

Weapons - Custom Pistols (Falcon 2, Falcon 2 Silenced, Falcon 2 Scope, Magsec, and Magnum)

Map - Complex, Felicity, or Villa

Sims - 2 Perfect Sims

I play using Trent Easton's body with shock troopers head.

Thats my favorite scenario. The combat simulator in perfect dark is probably the coolest part of PD!!

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I used to enjoy playing with Laptop Guns in the Felicity. A (human) buddy and I would be on the same team, fighting off a large group of opponents. We'd decide on what area we'd like to defend as our base and plant sentry guns in strategic positions. Best places were the bathroom, and the big room with the knocked over tanks.

We also enjoyed playing as a team in Skedar in Combat matches, using Slow-Mo to add more drama. Most of the time we'd use GameShark enhanced weapons (such as Explosive Shells Shotgun and Long Stream Laser), but not always. I can still remember getting nailed in the head from behind a few times by my own partner. Considering I used Mr. Blonde's body and the Maian Soldier head, I'm not surprised. Razz

TH126 wrote:
The combat simulator in perfect dark is probably the coolest part of PD!!

Which was the biggest draw for me when it came to porting GoldenEye stuff over. The greatness that was GE multiplayer, coupled with the total customization and simulants from PD, makes for an amazing combination.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

PaRaDoX

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
I used to enjoy playing with Laptop Guns in the Felicity. A (human) buddy and I would be on the same team, fighting off a large group of opponents. We'd decide on what area we'd like to defend as our base and plant sentry guns in strategic positions. Best places were the bathroom, and the big room with the knocked over tanks.

OMG me and my best friend used to do just that!expect it was in the room with the indestructibly glass

CharAznable0
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Mr blonde body and Maian head actually go well Together because of the colour, didn't you call it Mr zion wreck?

acceptable67

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

CharAznable0 wrote:
Mr blonde body and Maian head actually go well Together because of the colour, didn't you call it Mr zion wreck?

lol i remember that

fantsu

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

combat simulator is definetly the best part of the game, but I also enjoyed playing counter-operative.

think about that in GE and in Cradle.
one is bond and other player is trevelyan.
Laughing Laughing

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That's actually very close, Char. I had called my character "Mr. Zorne". No idea why or how I came up with that name, it simply felt right. Only bad thing was that the hands were still human Caucasian flesh tone. Guess that'd be easy enough to modify in the model, but I don't think it matters that much. That'd be a ROM only change, anyway.

Cradle Counter-Op: Unfortunately, I think the counter-operative may have to be Janus Special Forces. Not totally sure, though. It'd be cool to be Trevelyan, but it'd also feel really important for you as a bodyguard to protect him. Either way is pretty interesting.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

Last edited by Wreck on Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:19 pm; edited 1 time in total

Yurei
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

XBLA PD with two of my friends who are also hardcore fanatics of both Rare games, here is the setup:

Arena: G5 Building
Scenario: Combat
Various options:
  • Fast movement: On
  • Auto Aim: Off
  • Radar: Off
  • Glowing elements: Off

Weapon set:
  • FarSight XR-20
  • AR34
  • Falcon 2 Silenced
  • Callisto NTG
  • Shotgun
  • Crossbow

Score limit:
  • Time Limit: 7 Minutes
  • Frag Limit: 14 Frags

Free for All ; No sims

Little description: This scenario is meant for intensive human fights. We don't allow the Target Locator function of the FarSight since it's extremely unfair, however shooting at random through walls is a valid and awesome tactic. Trust me that is feels epicly rewarding when achieve something like that! Very Happy The G5 Building is perfect for a 3-player brawl, tiny cramped map without doors, epicly interconnected architecture, perfect map for humans to fight in. I just effin' love it!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Perfect Dark All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: