ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

90, 80, 50 - A Rare Mistake

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007
View previous topic :: View next topic  
D1Hazel
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:06 am    Post subject: 90, 80, 50 - A Rare Mistake Reply with quote Back to top

So I was looking through the Q Manual for the James Bond RPG (what can I say, Q is awesome and so are guns). After a while, I started looking up guns on Wikipedia. Being a huge FaNboy (not just the P90, the SCAR, the Five-Seven, even the Police Sniper Rifle), I clicked my way over to the FN-P90 page. I learned there was controversy over how much damage it did (because it was a lower caliber or some, tl;don't remember), and that it holds 50 bullets a mag. Anyway, so then I-

Wait, 50? Shouldn't that be 80?

Oh well, it's Wikipedia. I'll cite a source and change it. Wait, it really does have a 50 bullet mag! Oh well, game balance.

So later I started up GESE2 and started on a gun mod. I copied over most of the RC-P90's stats over to the PP7 and Silenced PP7, a played. At one point, I realized that my gun had 70-something bullets when it had a max of 50. And that's when it hit me: Rare gave the RC-P90 a 0x50 bullet magazine!

I don't know what to say, other than if Bond can repackage ammo for different guns, I guess he can make an 80 bullet clip for a P90.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Heh, I never noticed that, but you're right. I wonder if it really was a simple mistake and they decided to keep it that way.

Jedi QuestMaster
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I always did find 80 rounds a bit large (& unbalanced) for that thing. Laughing

And the manual claims the Phantom had a large magazine load. Confused

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Interesting. It is very possibly the mistake you mention!

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That'd be a much fairer number for the weapon to have, even though that's still a big magazine. Not sure how people would react to seeing that get changed in future patches, but it isn't a terrible idea.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

radorn

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Been thinking about this and there may be some other cases of this hex-dec mixups.

the same way as the RCP-90 (in case someone doesn't know, the name is a mix of N64's Reality Co-Processor, RCP, and the 90 out of FN P-90, the real world weapon) might have an 80 round magazine because of the real world gun's 50 magezine entered as hex instead of decimal, I believe the same could be applied to the Phantom.
if we look at the gun, it uses magazines loaded into the belly of the rifle like most other rifles from the game, most of which have a ~30 round mag.
well, 32 in hex is 50 in decimal...

on the other hand, the UZI/ZMG's 32 round mag could have been a 50 round mag with that length.

zoinkity

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Oh, and the damage is known. You can check one of the several programs where we entered in the correct number, but if memory serves its the same as the basic pistols.

Incidentally, the gun is freaking OP in PD (doubles!?), but GE's little pocket of invincibility after hits means spraying isn't necessarily the best tactic. Concidering the only (unhacked) weapon set including it also has two potential 1-hit kill weapons, it really is hard to complain. The usual tactic we use (assuming hacked weapon sets) is to take a tad of heat damage to avoid fire while chucking a mine, killing any idiot stupid enough to camp against us.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007 All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: