ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Nintendo 64 controller repair!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Console Workshop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GE MASTER
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 9:15 pm    Post subject: Nintendo 64 controller repair! Reply with quote Back to top

Well I'd say do this at your own risk. Kind of cool, was thinking of trying this until I realized that you can buy just the replacement analogue stick part. Cool link/article.

http://codebook.potchgult.com/stickrepair/stickfix.htm

Last edited by GE MASTER on Mon Sep 29, 2008 3:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

To be honest, I've had more problems with my PS2 controller than with any of my N64. I'm always hearing about them wearing down, but mine are in perfect working order. Well, except for the one. But that's not mine. No, it was a friends. He left it here. The wire is half ripped out of the casing, and the analogue stick is stuck upwards ever so slightly. Doesn't matter to me. All I need it for is testing 4-Player hacks. Razz

What kind of hell do some gamers put their joysticks through?...

mrjeffguy
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Mine all suck except two. Those minigames in Mario Party 1 where you spin the control stick around as fast as you can destroy them.

GE MASTER
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Oh man Mario Party was such a hoot. What a great money maker in more than one way for Nintendo!!! Mash and bash!

mrjeffguy
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Bumper Balls all the way

FRKN.FRoG
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

for joysticks, go once again to ebay, check in the n64 section for accessories if i remember correctly, they sell them for not much depending of the sellers, less thant 20$ for 4 new joystick with shipping if you get a good seller. I bought myself one for a controller, works great, no cheap joystick, same as the original. And my 3 other controllers were like new when i bought them Smile

Erevan
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

mrjeffguy wrote:
Mine all suck except two. Those minigames in Mario Party 1 where you spin the control stick around as fast as you can destroy them.

There is also The World Is Not Enough (N64) because when you advance, you push your joystick upward. However, when you try to be quick, you think that Bond is just walking and you push more your joystick upward. It damage the joystick.

Is it possible to get turbo mode in this game?

Last edited by Erevan on Sat May 13, 2006 8:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

Erevan
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

FRKN.FRoG wrote:
for joysticks, go once again to ebay, check in the n64 section for accessories if i remember correctly, they sell them for not much depending of the sellers, less thant 20$ for 4 new joystick with shipping if you get a good seller. I bought myself one for a controller, works great, no cheap joystick, same as the original. And my 3 other controllers were like new when i bought them Smile

Does the controller are exacly only made by Nintendo? (Not Mad Catz and Cie)

mrjeffguy
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I tried following that website, didn't work out too good. Luckily that was just an extra controller I tried it on. I have like 7 so I tried to fix the worst one, but I messed up so now I only have 6. Don't ask why I have so many controllers

FRKN.FRoG
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

erevan, im only talking about joysticks, they are the same as the original one so you can replace them in your controller, if you want a real n64 controller, there are a couples on ebay, or you can still buy them at the nintendo website

oldyz

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Fumbles and Ollo can make metal parts for the n64 analogue parts,
but they are not 100 % accurate,
the older controller we have is about 9 years old and it still has more than 90% function.

If you want to test how good the n64's parts are, use bomberman64.

Bomberman can't run if your parts are worn.

speedruntrainer
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Back a while ago, someone made a video of him repairing analog sticks.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mz1sDW8f6sQ&feature=channel_video_title

My YouTube: www.youtube.com/speedruntrainer

My Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/speedruntrainer/

My Twitter: https://twitter.com/speedruntrainer

RRR
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:38 pm    Post subject: Nintendo Repair Shop Reply with quote Back to top

All N64 controllers are made to specific standards and most will last a very long time if they are taken good care of. If you need to repair some N64 or any other Nintendo controllers you should visit www.nintendorepairshop.com Arrow to learn how to do this or find someone to do it for you.

stolen
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Nintendo Repair Shop Reply with quote Back to top

Your spam is not welcome RRR. Besides, there are no current 3rd party replacements that emulate the N64 stick 100% accurately. Some of them are too sensitive, or give the wrong output values, which can make some games unplayable. Just read this thread.

GE MASTER
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Agreed, pretty lame plug. I wouldn't endorse or pretend that a product is "good" just because my store was selling it. It's called having a conscious. Peddling a product that is known defective is what? I'm sure it's your store and everyone needs to make a buck. Perhaps you have a big inventory of them. Hyperkin even admits that they are flawed. So to say the least, posting here isn't very smart.

Aside from that, welcome to the forum and please make more than 1 post otherwise you're here spamming.

Here is my countdown....5.....4.....

Last edited by GE MASTER on Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:06 am; edited 1 time in total

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Console Workshop All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: