ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

[Map] Archives
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I received the files from 00action a few hours ago, and have made some progress since. I've updated and extended the AI Path Network, so the secret passages can both be used freely by Simulants. There is still a lingering issue with the stairwells, but we should be able to take care of that. The pads have also been optimized, which may help the level to load a bit quicker. I shrunk down the ammo crates slightly, as they felt too large at full scale. There probably isn't much else for me to do, before I pass it back off to 00action to work on the Hills and Bases.

This map should be quite a lot of fun with a bunch of Sims running around in it. Smile

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

fantsu

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Good to know that problems can be solved.
Being my absolute favorite map of all time I'm really waiting it.
Wink

00action
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thats great, i cant wait to get the files back and finish this setup off so Fantsu can play it Laughing
https://www.twitch.tv/00action

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I believe I've figured out the issues that were giving Simulants hard times using the stairs. However, between the many different edits I made (not only to the pads and the network, but also to some clipping tiles), I can't say for certain what fixed it. Let's just say it was a marriage between them all. Razz

After playing for ten minutes against six Sims of different difficulties, I didn't notice any one of them get stuck on the stairs the way they did prior to the adjustments. On rare occasions, when many of them were piling up around the stairs, they would run in place, until enough clearance was allowed for them to keep moving. Once, one of them seemed like they were trying to think whether they should go to the first floor to get the best weapon, or if they should just wait for the one upstairs to respawn. Other than those few instances, there wasn't any sign of the problem that was clearly evident in earlier attempts.

I guess this means Archives with Sims will be in the 3rd release. Wink

00action
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This is great news, thanx wreck for your help with the AI network. I cant wait to get started on the hills and bases.

A complete restart on the clipping for this level is in my list of things to do, this time using the original archives floor clipping (if it convert ok this time), its going to be exactly like goldeneye when finished, hopefully will be able to start it within the next couple of weeks.

00action
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry for lack of updates, Archives VR is now Complete! ive finished all the hills and bases, alls i have to do now is send the files to wreck for final tweeking and hopefully we will see this level in release 3 Very Happy

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This is the first thing I'm going to check out when I get back home. The Archives seems to play great in VR, and it'll be even more fun having the Hills and Flag Bases in. I don't see any reason, at this time, to not include this in the third patch. So everybody get prepared to check this level out in the next month or so. Smile

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Oh man i been waiting forever to try this map out in PD.

Good to know that your working on it still.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Alrighty...
I gave this a good look over, made some small adjustments (to setup, pads, clipping, and BG), and it should be good to go. I don't think there's anything left to work on for the Archives VR, so it's on to the next level! Very Happy

fantsu

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This is my x-mas present. Thank you guys!
Very Happy

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Looking forward to seeing it!

00action
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Its realy nice to know people are looking forward to a level that ive worked on, it realy gives you a buzz to do another level.

Im pretty sure this level wouldn,t have been ready for release 3 if it wasn't for wrecks work on the AI network and pads so thanx wreck.

Even though VR is complete i still realy want to work on the mission setup so there will still be updates in here at some point.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm very pleased to have someone like 00action working on maps for the GE:X project. He's already turned out Facility VR and Archives VR, and also has Train still on the go. I like being able to preview his progress, lend suggestions, make tweaks, and give positive feedback. He's a good guy who takes my word to heart. We both want to make this game all that it can be, so we understand each other quite well.

I'll probably attempt to work on an Archives Backzone setup down the road, since it made for quite an interesting layout in GE's multiplayer. The inclusion of Simulants should make it even more enjoyable. Hopefully all goes according to plan there.

00action
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ive been working on the archives Mission Setup file, ive made some good progress. I did mension that i was going to do a reclip of this level but ive realised that its not nessesary, only maby a few tweeks needed.
I will post a picture of my mission setup when ive a little more done on it.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The clipping seemed pretty good to me, while testing both frontzone and backzone in Combat Simulator. There were just the few issues with stair use, as certain vertical tiles under the stairs could confuse the Simulant. The metal "X" supports in the attic will probably also need to be handled a bit differently, utilizing both short walls (lower portion of metal) and long non-collision walls (for the entire thing). A bit of a pain, but that's probably the most correct it can get.

Heh, it's not going to look too much like Archives without the bookshelves, huh? I guess that will need to be tacked onto my list of things-to-do.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: