ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

The N64 Killer-Carts

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Console Workshop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NapalmNero
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:20 am    Post subject: The N64 Killer-Carts Reply with quote Back to top

http://www.nesworld.com/n64-gamekiller.php

I was browsing around on Assembler and found this in a thread. They were made by Datel and appear to be either prototype versions of what would become the GameShark or competition to GameShark.

I haven't seen anything like this before, anyone know anything about em?

radorn

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

it's not a prototype or competition to the gameshark
gameshark and action replay are the same product, made by datel, like this "game killer". the gameshark name was used in the USA because of a trademark conflict, as there already was something called "action replay" registered there.
It's just another cheat cart by datel, all of them based upon the same technology.
There were other ones by datel, like the "equalizer". Basically they are just stripped down GS/AR carts.

Last edited by radorn on Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:59 am; edited 1 time in total

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That's an interesting read. Apparently, the main purpose of this "Game Killer" device, was to upload game saves to your cartridges. But with only six different games being supported in the first release, there was a limited amount of use to get out of it. Whether "Killer Cards" that featured more games were going to be released in the future or not, this thing doesn't seem incredibly useful. While the price marked didn't seem terrible, a GameShark or Action Replay could not only unlock most of the stuff you need, but do a whole lot more. I can see why this didn't get too far. Still, quite interesting.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wow thats a very interesting cheating device. Even thu it's not a cheating device.

I have to say i wud never find no use for this thing what so ever.

Cus the Gameshark can do all that like put your own save games and cheats to.

But i have to say i wud love to try that thing out for fun thu.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Console Workshop All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: