ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Simulants: Names & Types...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Trevor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You know its funny, I never even realised the default bodies in PD... Laughing

Good list, though, how about BullySim instead of cheap? Cheap doesnt sound... hmm... well anyway how about it?

Trev

Last edited by Trevor on Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:06 am; edited 1 time in total

TH126
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I don't have a problem with CheapSim, but I can see why you wouldn't like it. Maybe VulgarSim or IgnobleSim could be better ideas, I don't think BullySim is the best idea tho.

Entropy Soldier
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

tactsim

fantsu

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry to say this, but I kinda hope you could change the names of the sims. Concerning the difficulty. Maybe even all of 'em.

We all know how "hard" Normal sims can be. They can be close to impossible with no auto aim and one-hit-kills (or license to kill).

The Meatsims are Easysims are almost identical, when Normalsim and Hardsim are matched in the same way. Not much difference.

I always though this as a small flaw in PD, and now there is a chance to fix it in GE X.

Normalsim are as dangerous as Perfectsim, when you use explosives like Devastators, and even as dangerous really than Darksims, with one-hit-kills.

Maybe there is way to make some changes to the bames? Maybe someone got ideas. I don't tend to think Hardsims very Hard. They are quite easy to kill, actually very easy. Same goes to Perfectsims. Perfectsims are very easy to kill also.

It is just the name "Greatsim" really. They aren't "great" in any way. Maybe we can find some funny names from 007 world? Like "Henchmen" and such. Maybe names related more to military, like "Private" and "Corporal" or something like that. Do we even need the word "Sim" in their names? Just takes away the room from the imagination? I mean IF we play with Simulants, we usually do know that they are Simulants without that written even in their names.

Just my opinion, but still...
Wink

How much is the characterlimit? 10?

RocketSim <-> Pyromaniac
FistSim <-> Karateka
CowardSim <-> Camper
FeudSim <-> Hunter
VengeSim <-> Avenger
Bad examples, but gives the idea.

And so on...

Nyx
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I was about to suggest CamperSim for coward sim, but it looks like you beat me to it. So I'll just voice my agreement on the name as well. Smile

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Isn't a Camper someone who usually acquires the best weapon available in the match, stays put in a certain area, and destroys everyone who is dumb enough to approach them? That's quite a bit different from the Coward. They just keep running away from their opponents, trying to avoid as much physical interaction as possible.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

Nyx
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This is true, a camper sits in one spot. I guess the cowardsim made me think of campers because usually people call them cowards if they camp.

oldyz

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

MMM

How about naming some after the personalities of henchmen?

in don't pay much attention to simulants because all the matches we make are 4 player, and the sims would slow down the n64 or PC -
only the challenges but i don't think i'll replay those
until GE X is more complete.

JawsSim
SAmedi SIm
ODDjobSIm
Xeniasim
Borissim
JanusSim
maydaySIm

you get the idea.....

Nyx
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hahaha, I was actually about to post something like this as well.

I love the idea of using the henchmen names for the sims, but even better, I'd like to be able to name my own sim. Just to name it "Nyx", not "PeaceSim". That way I don't have PeaceSim1, PeaceSim2, etc. Even NyxSim would be okay, but it'd be cool if we could add the names ourselves or if you choose a certain character like mayday, it'd automatically make it that type of sim like KazeSim.

TH126
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I dont like the henchmen sim idea. I thought wrecks idea for the sims was good enough.

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I agree with TH126.

Wreck came up with great ideas for the names of the sims.

I would stick with the names.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The Simulants featured in Challenges have their own unique names. If you check out the current Challenges, I've quickly setup the first four. You'll find "MarineSim", "CivSim", TechSim", and also "GuardSim". They represent the various characters that appear during the match. Janus Marines, Civilians, Scientists, and Janus Special Forces. They have set difficulties, but no determined special traits. If Jaws is a Sim, he'd be "JawsSim". If Xenia is a Sim, she'd be "XeniaSim". They'd all get custom names, which appear on-screen and in menus.

The game didn't support name customization for Simulants, and I wouldn't know how to include it. I don't really think it is too necessary, though. You can at least name your player, which is more important.

The names for the Sims aren't final, and may see alterations in future patches.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

oldyz

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yes -
as soon as i posted i had forgoten
when you playa challenge you do get to play gainst a certain character that will already be named that way.

How about naming some sims based on ranks in big fancy fictional or real criminal organizations?
the only thing tha comes to mind is
yakuzasim
salvatruchasim
janussim
spectresim
etc

Trevor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I think the idea behind the naming convention is, ill use the PD names, that they describe the type of AI to be used. They can be customised to be easy-hard and they can have different bodies/heads.

So Fistsim goes around punching people, how would Yakoozasim describe this AI behaviour?

JudgeSim deals with balence by killing the player/team with the highest score, how would GeneralSim be describing this behaviour?
Judge was chosen because of the 'desiding' the AI was doing and then passing of judgment that to keep the balence playerX needed to be killed.
This is the same for, sorry I forgot what they are now called, the current names, they are trying to describe the behaviour of AI.

If a Sim was 'a leader of sims' (players wouldnt realy count as who follows sims around) then it could be called CommanderSim.

I may have lost a few of you but I hope you get the picture.

Trev

TH126
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I think these sims name suggestions are getting a little out of hand. I dont know who agrees with me tho

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: