ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

GE:X - Second Official Patch Released! @ 10-11-10
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HackBond

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Advanced Block thing should be off, not default.

[Decoy] Antenna | Control | Silo | Escape

Zodiac
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:00 pm    Post subject: Thanks! Reply with quote Back to top

Hey, thank you very much. Turning off the advanced block linking did the trick. This really is an ingenious idea to mesh these games together. I hope the creator know how much we all very much appreciate this. It's so neat to find that there's a small community keeping the game alive on here. I had no idea about it until just a few months ago. It's so refreshing to play new levels and all of that. Does anyone know of other Goldeneye levels other than the ones on Goldeneyevault.com? Thanks for the help again:)

PaRaDoX

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I don't know what it is but there is something about bringing something from one game to another that fascinates me

Trevor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Just in case someonw reads through the whole topic and find this I just wanted to clear something up.

Earlyer I had said:
"I had a quick play of GEx and yeah, the music is slightly weird. Its asif the echo or prolnged ending is missing on instruments, the seem to cut off. "

Make sure you have a working plugin...
Check it on GE too...

I wasnt using my normal plugin and thats the reason for this distortion, once I realised the plugin had changed I changed it back and now GEX sounds GREAT! SmileSmileSmile.

Trev

Last edited by Trevor on Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:14 am; edited 1 time in total

radorn

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Trevor wrote:
Just in case someonw reads through the whole topic and find this I just wanted to clear something up.

"I had a quick play of GEx and yeah, the music is slightly weird. Its asif the echo or prolnged ending is missing on instruments, the seem to cut off. "

Check it on GE too...

I wasnt using my normal plugin and thats the reason for this distortion, once I realised the plugin had changed I changed it back and now GEX sounds GREAT! SmileSmileSmile.

Trev

Actually, trevor, I tried gex on real hardware and I can tell you the music sounds a bit different from ge.
I think it has to do with how the samples were brought from one game to the other. Hopefully the new perfected technique of handling n64 soundbanks will solve this.

Trevor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Oh, realy?

Id love to be able to play on HW...

Trev

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The GE raw instrument wasn't portable to PD, but otherwise sounds were identical. That affected 8 songs or so. Might just be that? Maybe we can improve import of the raw one to adpcm.

radorn wrote:
Trevor wrote:

Check it on GE too...

Trev

Actually, trevor, I tried gex on real hardware and I can tell you the music sounds a bit different from ge.
I think it has to do with how the samples were brought from one game to the other. Hopefully the new perfected technique of handling n64 soundbanks will solve this.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've been going through the Virtual Reality (Combat Simulator) setup blocks, trying to make more things unlocked by default. I should now have all of the weapons, as well as each set, available from the start of a new file. I think all of the GE characters are selectable right away, but I'll have to take another look. I might be able to open up some more options, but the four-to-eight Simulant upgrade might be trickier. The soundtrack list may see some small edits as well, such as the removal of Silo X (due to it not looping) and the inclusion of the two elevator tunes.

Edit: I've updated the soundtrack list for VR, and also unlocked the rest of the game types. It's really just the number of Simulants available, and a few other options, left to figure out.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

BGS wrote:
Oh just found out that the if you try to do some holotraining the game will also freeze

Can anyone else verify this? I just played through all of the holotraining programs in order, then another random few, and had no problems. I wasn't using the official 2nd release ROM, but an in-progress update. I don't know if anyone other than BGS has run into this as well?

I didn't run into any weird behaviour with the device training, either. I was able to perform all of the tasks, finishing the entire list of gadgets off. The flag appeared instead of the briefcase for the disguise, but that's only because of me having swapped the models around for VR Flag Tag and Capture the Flag modes.

The Remote Mine does appear to be absent from the Firing Range list, but that could possibly be something to do with my re-arranging. I'll have to check into it later on.

Hmmm, this is quite strange...
The hangar information PC didn't crash on me during one sitting. I could preview any of the files, both location description and model viewer, without the ROM freezing up. I can't replicate those results again, as each time I try the game locks. I wonder what in the heck is going on with it?

Edit: I don't know if it is randomly crashing or what. I tried running down to the PC as fast as I could, and it let me access the files. After that, I loaded up a level in VR, and quit. I then headed back to the PC, and this time it froze up when I selected a file. Is this memory related? Confused

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

SATURN_81
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I want to ask if there is any way to port the operation of the tank to Perfec Dark goldeneye, ie I wonder if there is a way to get all data from the tank and run it in Perfect Dark, for example to go in the tank, adjust the speed and power to move the canyon sides. I'll also ask whether the same could be done with artificial intelligence of enemies, I would like to see a kind of artificial intelligence was mixed GE and PD. on Artificial Intelligence in PD my opinion is that the enemies seem to be deaf, that is if the enemies hear your shots do not always go where you are as in GE.
perhaps finds you doing using only the editor for the creation of GE-X, and not how they could influence tools, such as the Hammer, for those levels where you have difficulties, perhaps a new approach to help.
I like what's new on GE-X, but I usually like when a change or substitution, unless the change is made to GE-X works better because the new engine.

radorn

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SATURN_81 wrote:
I want to ask if there is any way to port the operation of the tank to Perfec Dark goldeneye, ie I wonder if there is a way to get all data from the tank and run it in Perfect Dark, for example to go in the tank, adjust the speed and power to move the canyon sides. I'll also ask whether the same could be done with artificial intelligence of enemies, I would like to see a kind of artificial intelligence was mixed GE and PD. on Artificial Intelligence in PD my opinion is that the enemies seem to be deaf, that is if the enemies hear your shots do not always go where you are as in GE.
perhaps finds you doing using only the editor for the creation of GE-X, and not how they could influence tools, such as the Hammer, for those levels where you have difficulties, perhaps a new approach to help.
I like what's new on GE-X, but I usually like when a change or substitution, unless the change is made to GE-X works better because the new engine.

I'm no programmer, but I'll try to make an educated guess on this.
The user operable vehicles in GE and PD (tank and hoverbike) are, like all other effects, animations and object behaviors, "hardwired" pieces of code. This is, they aren't like action blocks or clipping or geometry, which are all more or less static data that the engine of the game handles. Instead, they are or have associated programs that run on the N64's CPU and produce the effect.
The tank in GE is programmed to interact with GE's "magnetic" clipping, while PD uses a more "traditional" collision geometry other objects come in contact with.
This difference alone would make it necessary to recode the tank to work in PD, and this doesn't account for finding the tank's program within GE and managing to plug it into PD, which would be quite an adventure in itself.
Unless the possible remnants of tank code are found within PD and someone manages to make them usable, I see it very difficult that we get a tank in PD.

SATURN_81
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Radorn thanks. I read your post and despite not being a programmer, I'm surprised your knowledge. I want to ask if it would be possible to port of goldeneye or improved artificial intelligence of enemies to enter this in the rom?. well I rather wonder if you can, maybe at the time may not be possible. if you could, for me would mean that GE-X will run on the engine of Perfect Dark, as goldeneye works by itself.

radorn

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SATURN_81 wrote:
Radorn thanks. I read your post and despite not being a programmer, I'm surprised your knowledge. I want to ask if it would be possible to port of goldeneye or improved artificial intelligence of enemies to enter this in the rom?. well I rather wonder if you can, maybe at the time may not be possible. if you could, for me would mean that GE-X will run on the engine of Perfect Dark, as goldeneye works by itself.

The AI in GE and PD is scripted in action blocks, which control what the NPCs do.
It seems that PD just extended over GE's feature set for the action blocks, so it should be possible to translate GE's action blocks to PD without great differences.
Most likely, what makes some guards be deaf in PD is not a different AI engine, but different AI scripts (action blocks) because the mission designers wanted, for some reason, to have them act that way. We can modify these scripts to make guards behave as we want, so you shouldn't be concerned about deaf guards, we can improve their hearing as much as we want Razz

Last edited by radorn on Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

Trevor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Better Ai in GE than PD?

The AI in PD is Faaaaar more sofisticated. They can even sit on chairs (An origonal idea that wasnt implemented in GE) though ive never seen "AI ducking under tables etc" as *I forgot his name* wanted.

PD's guards can also call for assistance etc.

Trev

SATURN_81
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Trevor, I give the reason for the guards of PD that are smarter, I still see 2 different intelligences of goldeneye and Perfect Dark. I wanted to refer to several things with this, usually you shoot in PD and the nearby guards are not normally see what happens, but rather gives me the feeling that the guards are waiting in a group, and also tend to attack more in group that a single guard. not if you share this view with me, a guard of PD are able to kill quickly, while in goldeneye I spent a good while to kill a single guard, I get the feeling that in PD the guards are a bit weak.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 8 of 11

Jump to: