ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

GE:X - Second Official Patch Released! @ 10-11-10
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SATURN_81
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I just did not taste that lacked the access door (that you have bars) to the Library basement level, however is unimportant. I love multiplayer patch. anyway what I like in this forum is the idea of restoration of a game using a better engine than the original game. Sometimes I wish I could apply this way of doing things Nintendo 64 games that simply did not become what was expected or were not sufficient to compete with the big Goldeneye and Perfect Dark.

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ok i just play this game and man im enjoy it so much.

And sofar there are no problems sent's i been playing it.

TH126
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Unlinked/Deleted the Pre-Patched rom I made from the trailer. Sorry for posting the rom again wreck.

TH126
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Remember we thought online play wouldn't happen due to the ControllerPak problems? I just tried it online with a bud and it surprisingly works flawlessly! We played plenty of matches with no desync or bad lag. The mempak seems to not cause any problems, so yea, GE:X does have the ability to play online via kalleria client! Very exciting! Just remember to update your mupen INI before you try it, because obviously you cant play Unknown Dumps online.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Library cell door: The first patch did have the divider doors in place, but have since been removed. They never actually existed in the original Library map, and only appeared in Basement and Stack as barricades. They were there to keep players from leaving the upper / lower area, which wasn't necessary in the full stage. I decided to take them out to not only better match GoldenEye, but because I also felt that it slowed the pace down just slightly. I liked the way they looked, but not the affect they had on gameplay.

ROM Download: Thanks for taking down the ROM link, TH126. Even though it might have helped to get some more people playing the mod, there could be possible legal actions taken against it. As far as I know, they can't do anything about patches. They'll just have to do.

Mupen Online: You could actually have a match online? Could you possibly get some video recorded of you and a friend, as well as some Sims (using the GE characters), playing and put it up on YouTube? I think that'd make it look even more exciting, seeing 2+ humans running around shooting bots, as well as each other. Very excited to hear about this. Smile

acceptable67 wrote:
Mainly the 'actual' level textures. Looks like you did a lot of work putting ALL of those textures over, but they didn't seem to match the surroundings or baclgrounds to well.

I still don't know what you're talking about, AC. Aside from the few RGB differences that currently exist in Facility, as well as five or six rooms in Library, the maps are replicas of the originals. The architecture, colouration, shading, images, etc. If there are any specific instances that seem "off" to you, please share a screenshot with us.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

TH126
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ill record and upload a match or two online for ya

acceptable67

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:

acceptable67 wrote:
Mainly the 'actual' level textures. Looks like you did a lot of work putting ALL of those textures over, but they didn't seem to match the surroundings or baclgrounds to well.

I still don't know what you're talking about, AC. Aside from the few RGB differences that currently exist in Facility, as well as five or six rooms in Library, the maps are replicas of the originals. The architecture, colouration, shading, images, etc. If there are any specific instances that seem "off" to you, please share a screenshot with us.

Ok, check your inbox in a few.

CharAznable0
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks very very much for this wreck, I still need to buy the n64 controller adaptor Very Happy, thanks to Radorn for showing me too, cant wait to try this until then Very Happy , i dont think you realise how much i appreciate this, as i love this game, and i wish there was a buddy editor of some sort

CharAznable0
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Also, im not sure if anyone else has this problem, but when I start this up my view of the menu looks totally different, and when I switch from place to place there is a very strong motionblur that is close to permanent, i hope you know what I mean, i hope you can help me wreck

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

TH126: Sounds great, man. I'm really looking forward to seeing some multiplayer action. Most video footage has been of single-player games against Sims. This will let people know that it does indeed support multi, which might draw more attention to the mod.

Char: I'm not sure what could be going on with your screen. Which emulator are you using, and with which plugins? I don't have access to my computer, since I am away at my brothers, so we may have to rely on someone else to guide you in the right direction.

Buddy Editor: That's something I need to look into. I don't know if anyone else has noticed it yet, but I did change the "Buddy" terms into "Partner". It feels more suitable to the Bond universe. Where the information that sets them up is stored, I'll have to spend some time checking into.

I answered AC67's question about the textures, and figured that I should also post something here, just in case other people are wondering the same thing...

I imagine that there are many maps from PD, both in mission mode and those still remaining in VR (Combat Simulator), that have incorrect textures. The reason being? I have to replace images from PD with those from GoldenEye. Whichever ones have been swapped out, will be wrong in the PD stage. Instead of a wall, it could be a steel door texture. Or instead of a city building, it might be part of a remote mine. This is something that I can't help. Eventually, there won't be any PD levels left, so this won't be an issue. Currently, the main purpose of the GE:X patches is to show off the VR. Anything that isn't from GoldenEye, has the potential to be slightly messed up. Don't worry about how weird the PD missions or leftover Combat Sim levels look, as those will all be gone at some point during development.

Last edited by Wreck on Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

CharAznable0
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Here is what it looks like, which is obviously not normal. Also when I start a game, it doesn't work properly, and there is a permanent motion blur now you can see what I mean.

radorn

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

CharAznable0, have you copied emulation settings from normal PD to this hack in your emulator?

if not, then do so, and if you have done it already, then check video plugin settings and try to search for something dealing up with "cleaning", culling, or something like that. Also check for settings related to framebuffer effects.
fiddle with that and see if you can get something to solve your problem, but before that make sure you have copied normal PD settings to this hack.

CharAznable0
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I think I may of done something wrong in the patching process, you see, I had the old version of GE X, I clicked on the PD rom, not the old version to patch it..I will check that out later radorn, and thanks for the info

HackBond

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Remember, Patched roms dont have the normal settings.

This is what Radorn was trying to say in a nutshell.

[Decoy] Antenna | Control | Silo | Escape

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Char: It also appears that the Expansion Pak isn't being detected. One of the signs of this is the main menu header. I changed the "Small but Perfect Menu" title to "OHMSS Directory - Inactive". It basically means that you aren't ready for active duty, and are unable to take on the missions. If you're using PJ64 or another emulator other than Mupen64, you'll need to update the ROM settings and make sure that the Expansion Pak is enabled. Here are the ROM setting as listed on the Vault...

For Perfect Dark you want:
CPU Core Style: Recompiler
Self Modifying-Core Type: Protect Memory
Default Save type: 16Kbit EEPROM
Counter Factor: 2
Check marks by: Large Compile Buffer, Register Caching, Use TLB.

Also, be sure that your Mem Pak is enabled, or else you may not even be able to play the game. It appears as though you managed to at least get into the menus, so you might be alright there.

Oh, and you do use the new patch with the PD v1.1 NTSC ROM.

Last edited by Wreck on Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 2 of 11

Jump to: