ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

GE:X - Second Official Patch Released! @ 10-11-10
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:22 pm    Post subject: GE:X - Second Official Patch Released! @ 10-11-10 Reply with quote Back to top

GE:X Patch 2a: 10-11-10

This is the first official update to the GoldenEye: X project. During the months that have passed since the first release, we've been working hard to include new and exciting content. There are three more levels to play in Virtual Reality mode (previously known as the Combat Simulator in Perfect Dark), updates to the already available maps, many more character bodies and heads, three additional weapons, and the actual GoldenEye soundtrack. Sims can now navigate the entire Egyptian Temple, and are fully supported in the Temple. You may also notice a few other subtle changes here and there. For more details on what's in the game, please browse the list below the written paragraphs. Though we'd love to include more in this release, it's certainly about time that an update be issued. Those of us working on GE:X sincerely hope that you enjoy this current version, and will continue to check back for updates in the future.

Alternative Download:
http://www.battlefieldforever.com/hackers/pd/geproject/downloads/GEX_2a_10-11-10.zip

Apply the XDelta Patch to an unbyteswapped NTSC Perfect Dark v1.1 ROM.
You can use the Perfect Dark / GoldenEye Editor at the GoldenEye Vault.

http://www.goldeneyevault.com/

- Wreck

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Preview 2a: October 11th, 2010 (10.11.10:1)

- Newest additions have an exclaimation mark (!) tacked onto the end

VR Levels:
Temple
Complex!
Caves
Library
Facility!
Egyptian
Cuba!

notes:
Temple, Complex and Facility are the originals from GE, not the Classic versions found in PD.
Temple now features a path network, allowing the Sims to traverse the map.
Complex does have a path network, but Sims have some noticeable troubles with ramps, which will be addressed.
Caves has some clipping issues in a few areas, mostly slopes.
Caves also has a portal problem between rooms 08 and 09 - not game ruining, though.
Library seems to have bad RGB in some of the Stack rooms.
Egyptian has six places you can accidentally fall out of the map... can you find them?
Egyptian requires some path network updating, but has been extended since first release.
Cuba has just been thrown in for fun, and will be removed in the future.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Weapons:
**Throwing / Hunting Knife!
PP7 Special Issue
DD44 Dostovei
Klobb
KF7 Soviet
ZMG (9mm)
D5K Deutsche
*Phantom
AR33 Assault Rifle
RC-P90
*Sniper Rifle!
*Golden Gun
Silver PP7!
Gold PP7!
**Grenade Round!
**Hand Grenade
**Timed Mine
**Proximity Mine
**Remote Mine
***Body Armor

notes:
The Classics from PD remain unaltered.
Weapons use incorrect aimers, some have colourized tracers, and Sims may have trouble in certain situations.
*The ported guns have out of place muzzle flares or exit points, which will need to be remedied.
**The mines, grenades, and knife are only prop modifications, as the First-Person model still exists from PD.
***The Shield has been replaced by the full Body Armor, though it still acts as a shield.

Bodies:
Bond (Tuxedo)
Bond (Formal)!
Bond (Stealth)!
Bond (Jungle)!
Natalya (Russia)
Natalya (Cuba)!
Trevelyan (006)!
Trevelyan (Janus)
Xenia!
May Day!
*Male Scientist!
Janus Marine!
Helicopter Pilot!
Male Civilian (Vest)!
Male Civilian (Plaid)!
Male Civilian (Red)!
Male Civilian (Blue)!
Male Civilian (Grey)!
Janus Special Forces!
Male Moonraker Elite

notes:
*Male Scientist has a split at his midsection due to body type, this will be addressed later on.

Heads:
Bond (Special)
Bond!
Natalya
Trevelyan
Xenia!
Mishkin!
May Day!
Helicopter Pilot!
Terrorist
Biker!
Karl!
Martin!
Mark!
Dave!
Duncan!
B!
Steve E!
Grant!
Graeme!
Ken!
Alan!
Pete!
Shaun!
Dwayne!
Des!
Chris!
Lee!
Neil!
Jim!
Robin!
Steve H!
Joel!
Scott!
Joe!
Joe (Altered)
Sally!
Marion!
Mandy!
Vivien!

notes:
You may notice these heads appearing throughout the missions. However, they are not currently setup to wear sunglasses. They will also sit on any PD bodies strangely, being much lower down toward the chest. This is just how the GE heads behave with the PD bodies, so give it a laugh and don't worry about it.

VR Scenarios:
*Flag Tag
*Capture the Flag

notes:
*These basically just swap the Briefcase model for the Flag Tag Token.

VR Music:
Dam!
Dam X!
Facility!
Facility X!
Runway!
Runway X!
Surface!
Bunker!
Bunker X!
Silo!
Silo X!
Frigate!
Frigate X!
Surface Revisit!
Surface Revisit X!
Bunker Revisit!
Bunker Revisit X!
Statue!
Statue X!
Archives!
Archives X!
Streets!
Streets X!
Depot!
Depot X!
Train!
Train X!
Jungle!
Jungle X!
Control!
Control X!
Caverns!
Caverns X!
Cradle!
Cradle X!
Aztec!
Aztec X!
Egyptian!
Egyptian X!
Citadel!
Permiter!
End Credits!
Random

Notes:
Certain instruments or sounds may be slightly off from originals.
Silo X does not loop, and will end during the match. (may be replaced later)
Jungle is the original theme intended for the stage, not the background sound effects.

Known Bugs / Glitches...

GE vs. PD Heads:
Putting a head from one game onto the body from another usually results in floating or sinking heads. This is just the way the games set things up, so there is no way around it.

GoldenEye Firearms:
There's some issues with these. They use the wrong crosshairs, some have funky coloured tracers, sims may have difficulty operating them under certain circumstances, and the newly ported guns need their muzzle flare relocated. The Golden Gun isn't as noticable, but you'll definitely see it with the Phantom. Because of re-ordering, some of the PD weapons are now in the old Classic slots. As a result, they can't be used by sims and also have their secondary functions locked out.

Simulants:
I've allowed simulants to spawn into each of the maps, but they won't function in them all. Since the first release, the Temple has been updated with a path network. This means that Simulants can now freely roam the stage. Also, the Egyptian network has been extended and tweaked, allowing Sims to access the "Golden Gun" room, and better use the long stairwells. The Complex does have a path network constructed for it, but there are some issues that weren't resolved prior to the second official patch release. I've done all I could, and it does perform well enough for now. If I can get this fixed before the third official release, there will be a corrective update issued.

Caves:
There's a portal error between rooms 08 and 09, which is due to overlapping architecture. They set a special flag for it in GoldenEye, but it doesn't seem to work in Perfect Dark. Hopefully we'll be able to force the two rooms to be lit at the same time and prevent this from occuring in the next update.

Headers/Dividers:
Because I wanted to have everything (or mostly everything) unlocked from the start of the game for new users, some of the menu headers and dividers may be missing. The rely on certain flags to be set in order to be shown. I think I fixed it in the Levels menu, but not the Scenarios.

Hangar Information PC:
The computer stationed in the Carrington Institute hangar will crash the game. If you attempt to preview any of the files stored on the PC, the gameplay will freeze and you'll be forced to restart. I'm not sure why this happens at this time, so you'll just have to avoid it for now.

Credits:
Wreck: Props, weapons, characters, level files, textures, text, general editing.
SubDrag: Music, and amazing tools. Without him, there wouldn't be any ported levels. Period.
00action: Facility VR map, among other things that will be coming soon.
Dragonsbrethren: Music, Caves and Complex clipping, and helpful suggestions.
Radorn: Early testing of weapons on backup device.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I didn't have a chance to get this up earlier in the day, but had everything prepared and ready to go. I had to get as much done as I could before today, so hopefully I've tied up any loose ends. Please report glitches or other issues that you may run into while playing the game. The third patch will be released toward the end of the year, but it is possible to see smaller updates before then.

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I can't wait to play this after the download is done.

And if i see some problems i'll post and tell you.

00action
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:49 am    Post subject: GoldenEye: X 2a Reply with quote Back to top

Ive been playing this new patch for about 2 hours now and alls i can say is wow! i love all the levels you can now play with sims (Complex is awsome!), cuba is realy funny, i had 4 sims against me but once i died that was it i just couldnt get back to a gun lol. Great work Wreck.
https://www.twitch.tv/00action

TH126
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

GE:X is amazing! I played the VR for an hour straight, endless fun! I made a nice little trailer for all my youtube subscribers to view. Here is the trailer I created for this great project. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EM6igfmrnGQ

Thank you wreck for releasing the patch, I know what I'm doing when I get home from my soccer game Very Happy

acceptable67

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Got to redownload the editor ;(

Btw, all my modifications and roms are all gone, all my work [forced to do a reformat after I **** with my boot loader.]

00action
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

TH126: that Trailer you made is Awsome! Very Happy
https://www.twitch.tv/00action

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Up at the vault!

Very exciting!!!!

http://www.goldeneyevault.com/viewfile.php?id=202

CharAznable0
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY

acceptable67

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm impressed with the Multiplayer. The Textures on the level's were a little dissapointing.. Although I knew were you were going with them.

Otherwise, you did a pretty neat job.

SATURN_81
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

this patch is fantastic. and had wanted to play the GE Facility Perfect Dark, by the way the Facility zone back there, I could access it with the gameshark code to walk trough doors accidentally left perhaps? good which I do not like is the lack of the door to the basement in the library as are the textures in the missions, but in any case is somewhat different, good job.

TH126
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks 00action for the feedback! I'm glad you enjoyed it man!

The only problem I think I encountered in GE:X is the weapon types. The weapons don't seem to match their group name. Ex. pistos has D5K and KF7. Possibly I might have to unlock stuff? or I could be doing something wrong? Idk but it sure didn't stop me from playing! Goldeneye X is fantastic!

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Glad to see that you guys have had a chance to try it out and have enjoyed it so far. The mission mode may be a little ways off still, but the multiplayer (Virtual Reality) is really coming along nicely. By the time the next big patch is released, we should have a few more maps ready. I'd also like to get an AI Path Network laid out for Library, which will definitely add to the value of the level. We'll keep working to bring you a little more of everything, so check back for updates here at Shooters.

Trailer: Excellent job on the trailer, TH126! I didn't get to watch it with volume, but the visuals were great. Hopefully this will be gather a good number of views. The only thing that slightly concerns me, is that you appear to have the ROM up for download? I don't know how this works, since the game is still Rare property, but it might be a good idea to take that down. I'd hate to see someone (Rare, Nintendo, Microsoft, Activision, MGM, Danjaq, etc.) take some form of legal action, even if it is only a cease and desist notification via e-mail. Not that it would really prevent me from continuing, but it may hamper our ability of promoting it in the future. I definitely understand that not everyone knows how to patch a ROM, or wants to take the time to do so, it's just that I'm not totally sure about having the ROM itself online. I hope you can see where I'm coming from there. Otherwise, I greatly appreciate the trailer you've created, and any help in getting more attention. Very Happy

Weapons in VR: You may need a save file that has everything already unlocked. I was going to check out the availability flags for the weapon ID's, but didn't get around to it before the release. If the weapon ID isn't "unlocked", they automatically replace it with something else. I'll give this a look when I get back home, and test it out with a new agent file. I only setup a handful of sets, so there are probably a few that seem very messed up. It's mostly due to the lack of GE weapons currently imported.

acceptable67 wrote:
The Textures on the level's were a little dissapointing.. Although I knew were you were going with them.

I'm really not sure what you're talking about there. What's wrong with the textures? Any of the remaining Perfect Dark maps will no doubt have some texture issues, since I've been replacing so many images with those from GoldenEye, but I don't think there should be anything else wrong (aside from some possible RGB difference, more noticeable in Facility, which will be addressed). What was it that you were disappointed with exactly?

TH126
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I had a feeling putting that rom up would be a problem lol. I'm gonna take it down right when I get home from school.

So, i'd have to "unlock" everything to get the proper weapons I suppose? That shouldn't be much of a problem.

acceptable67

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:

acceptable67 wrote:
The Textures on the level's were a little dissapointing.. Although I knew were you were going with them.

I'm really not sure what you're talking about there. What's wrong with the textures? Any of the remaining Perfect Dark maps will no doubt have some texture issues, since I've been replacing so many images with those from GoldenEye, but I don't think there should be anything else wrong (aside from some possible RGB difference, more noticeable in Facility, which will be addressed). What was it that you were disappointed with exactly?

Mainly the 'actual' level textures. Looks like you did a lot of work putting ALL of those textures over, but they didn't seem to match the surroundings or baclgrounds to well.

But playing it again I guess I can see how it relates.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 1 of 11

Jump to: