ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

GE:X - Second Official Patch Released! @ 10-11-10
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You should be able to set the statistics of each individual guard in a mission. Be it their health, reaction speed, or accuracy. If you feel that the characters in PD are weak or deaf, than you have the people who put together the setup to blame. We'll try to do what we can to ensure that they act enough like the original GoldenEye AI, but utilize the enhancements made for Perfect Dark.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

oldyz

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Also i want to add,
some guards are no dummies
they hear you and they don't get close because
they "know it might be a trap"

the fool guards that come and check out things with no caution always die first.

Also PD has the nasty - sound the alarm bastardos

By the way i think surface 2 and 1 should have at least 4 of those

TH126
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I havent came by the forums in a while. Hows the project going wreck?

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Fairly well, I'd say...

The Archives VR is nearly complete, with only the Flag Bases and Hills left to include, as well as some other possible modifications. 00action is handling all of that.

Bunker ii VR has been started on. I need to deal with the weapon sets and spawns, as well as the remaining extras. Sim navigation seems near-perfect, too.

Cradle VR isn't far off from finished. I was able to figure out the visibility / portal issues with it, and everything seems to be running smoothly. It might not be great for three or four players, since all of the rooms being loaded in at once takes a toll on the framerate. For that reason, it may not end up being an official VR level. Perhaps Rare made the right decision in removing it, after all.

I haven't gotten around to porting any more weapons or characters, but I plan to. I did make some adjustments to availability flags for options and weapons in VR, so a lot more is unlocked from the start of a new file. I edited the clipping in Complex, so hopefully you won't fall out of the map when strafing wildly down a ramp. The chutes in Egyptian have been changed into ramps, and the Sims can use them without falling through the floor and dying. I'll need to tweak the clipping in the ramps / stairs, to prevent people from flying through the ceilings, down into an abyss of death.

SHiner
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sounds awesome Wreck, can't wait! And thanks for all the work you guys are putting into this amazing enhancement mod!

SATURN_81
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck're saying that the Cradle level will not be included in the third patch? is the problem they can not play 4 players? anyway levels are usually played solo against the Sims or Sims 2 players against, unless you are playing online, I think. anyway I think we ended up accepting all a level that is released for the first time with problems that may bring, as occurred with the first patch, we knew that the sims did not work either in the Library level, but even so sure we like the result .
I'm excited to see new weapons in GE X, as the Cougar Magnum, Autoshootgun, grenade launchers and silenced PP7 (hopefully solves it soon) and I wonder what good could be done with Reaper slot is a loud gun to actuate whatever the replacement, Nor can I forget that if we put a falcon slot 2 in this tour as if it Reaper.
I wish you luck in creating these gems.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The Cradle should make it into the third patch for VR, but I don't know if it will remain in the final release. Unlike in GoldenEye, you can't control the maximum number of players allowed in a map for Perfect Dark. This means that four people are capable of playing in any stage, whether the framerate is horrible or excellent. Setting the Cradle up as a Challenge would also pose problems for three or four player games, since the lag could frustrate people, or even make it harder to complete successfully.

For the next patch, I do want to get the silenced variations of the PP7 and D5K in. I can't say if anything else will make it into the third release, but each weapon will be brought over eventually.

SATURN_81
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

thanks I'm glad it will not be canceled Cradle level.
I just emerged a kind of question or idea that you look (do not know much about hacking) now use the Goldeneye editor to make this work right? You can find out when building a level if memory or part of surplus is included at no intention at the level that is being created? ie I am referring to data that do not get to see and that makes the game slow down or see the framerate somehow affected.
then I ask whether you are using tools such as sloped or Hammer or only the editor of Goldeneye.
maybe a built in level editor and then another Goldeneye port to the editor, may have a different file size. this is something we often think.

oldyz

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

cradle is a weird place.

I don't know but maybe heavy multiplayer fog can help, but the question is if fog prevents from using sniper weapons in multiplayer

somehow fog in turok was no problem , when you zoom you can see even if things where invisible the visible area when sniper was loaded.

i wonder if the cradle level could work as a miniature version for tiny jo cheat mode for multiplayer purposes
, if you want to use sims then you have to activate tiny enemies mode too.

If this is used there has to be a warning on the level title
"2 player only" or
"tiny mode needed"

i guess cradle will have to be in one of the special level patches for this weird acomodations.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm sure the people at Rare thought that Cradle was a fun multiplayer map, but knew that the framerate was going to be a major problem. It could have been a two-player only level, though there are remaining issues with bullet / projectile travel in GoldenEye. I imagine they tried to set it up the best they could, but it just wasn't quite good enough for an official release. It may be the same story for GE:X, unfortunately. However, that doesn't mean it won't be released as part of another patch.

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

While the gameplay can still feel pretty "wrong" at times, GoldenEye: Source gives a good look at how fun Cradle could've been without the visibility and framerate issues. It's totally unique, I can't think of another game that has a multiplayer map that is completely open like it, with only the different levels, huts, and supports providing any cover.

Trevor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

What about Rogue Agent, it had Cradel in it (though it was more accuriate to the movie and real one.)
This and the bridge level where the only good maps in RA and multiplayer was the only decent thing about the game.

Trev

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I just found out that the Phantom uses the KF7 Soviet gunshot sound. It could have been using the right sound from the very beginning. Boy, do I have egg on my face. Hehe, it's now been corrected. I'll have to try messing around with the muzzle flare soon.

radorn

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
Well, I just found out that the Phantom uses the KF7 Soviet gunshot sound.

That was quite obvious by a simple hearing test Wink

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The different rates of fire used by the two do make it sound a little different. I automatically assumed it was using another sample, but should have looked it up to be certain.

Smart ass... Razz

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 9 of 11

Jump to: