ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

An idea I have that could make PD even more addictive

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Perfect Dark
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CharAznable0
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:36 am    Post subject: An idea I have that could make PD even more addictive Reply with quote Back to top

I was thinking in the Combat Simular someone could modify it so it lets you play with 18 Simulants, instead of 8, I'm not sure if it would lag or not, well 8 doesn't on my PC, after all it is a N64 emulator, project 64. Obviously this would mean other stuff would need changed as well, like the amount of guns and ammo, spawn points, and so on, I just threw this idea out to yous in case it would give yous any interest.

radorn

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Possibly zoinkity, Wreck or SubDrag (inverse alphabetical order) will correct me in this, but I'm going to assume that increasing the number of sims is probably fixed in the games engine, or, if not, it would probably break things in hardware, and, in any case, enabling that many would require modifications in the menus.
Well, my opinion is that it's not going to be a simple hack at all.

CharAznable0
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, it wouldn't be easy for them, but it would definately be very good, and yes I had that in mind about the menu modifications.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, I don't think this would be an easy task. Going from eight up to ten sounds more likely, but even that'd be tricky. Each of the eight Sims have their own designated block that loads into the stage. There's also only eight slots in the Simulant selection menu, and just the eight command screens for them during the match (if all are on your team, that is). The Challenge setups only account for eight, as well. All of those things would need changing. This is not something that I would know how to go about doing. Zoinkity might have some ideas, but he has said himself that PD can become quite annoying when it comes to more in-depth modifications.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

Trevor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Aww, that would be so cool though, well maybe not 18! but still it would make for an immence battle on an open level.

Trev

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

And dont forget lag to. If there is to much on one screen or to much players it can lag a lot.

acceptable67

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

EternallyAries wrote:
And dont forget lag to. If there is to much on one screen or to much players it can lag a lot.

Not if the hardware can handle it. I'm not entirely sure if the N64 could of back then, but I'm sure computers can handle them.

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hm well it depends emulator to.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Perfect Dark All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: