ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

N64 Sound Tool
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Console Workshop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Those games must not support the sound bank format - I know marios is different.

diddy kong
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

well what do I put in the ctl/tbl field in the program? it keeps crashing when i put something in.

and it loads NOTHING when i open normally

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That means the game doesn't support that soundbank format. So alas out of luck

diddy kong
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

i mean, do i put words, an address? binary?

or is the program only for goldeneye or something?

Because i tried it with about 20 games, and none of them worked, the srip got the soundbank for mario64, but this new one isnt finding anything

zoinkity

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The same ctl and tbl addresses srip pulls are used by this. However, this tool only picks out one type of "standard" N64 midi sound format. There are different wrappers, different struct types, etc. Same data, different ways to access it.

For instance, some games have the pointers with the data, others it is all seperate. Some have custom setups so they can swap instruments, banks, etc--Animal Forest falls into that catagory. In others, the data is compressed (also animal Forest) and then you get into the ones that don't use midi.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I support many more types now!
http://goldeneyevault.com/viewfile.php?id=212

Jedi QuestMaster
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I noticed this supported Mario Party 1 (U) so I tried it out, but most of the voices didn't rip (I found about 6 in a folder of over 1,000 instrument samples!).

All I want to do is replace Wario's "D'oh I missed!" line with the Japanese version's "Oh my God!" which brings me to my next question, any chance Mario Party (J) will be supported?

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I added Japanese version, doubt will help though looks same. No idea, didn't find any other banks. Maybe you just missed it?

Jedi QuestMaster
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Upon further research, I've found that the few "voice" samples are used in the music, so nothing relating to sfx.

There's no way I could've missed anything. I spent the course of three days listening to the samples to find them. Sad About an hour of my life I won't get back.

Is there a chance that the sounds may be compressed? Shocked

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I found another 7 banks. Check the last 7 sound banks in the latest sound tool (redownload). They mostly sound like instruments, perhaps they are in there...

Are you sure it's not part of that 1000 sounds? Which sound are you looking for, when is it played? Toad's little sound is part of it, I only see those banks of that 0x45 loaded ingame.

Jedi QuestMaster
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hey, thanks! Smile

Here is one place where it's played.

I believe it also plays when Wario loses a turn.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Can you link me to a save state right before it's played? Maybe will help I don't know. Probably not though, but I can at least check if any other banks loaded. I think it's got to be in one of those two banks!

Jedi QuestMaster
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Okay, will do! Smile

I'll try the U.S. version.

Edit: What the beans! Shocked Mario Party is the biggest cheating sack of scheiße in the world! Evil or Very Mad

No matter how long or short I waited on a dice block, I'd get the same number everytime I went back to the save state. Shocked

Anyway, I'm trying to figure out how Project64 save states work. I can't seem to find where they're stored. I searched the filename it says it loads. Do any of these work? It should be on Peach's Birthday Cake where you choose a seed:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/82042602/MarioParty.eep
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/82042602/MarioParty.pj.zip

Heavyz1390
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This is rad, good work Subdrag! Music and sounds have always been my specialty B-)

mistamontiel

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yup

You could even mute out the WCW NWO Revenge rom to have nothing but jolly music Smile Despite some cracks/pops lol I even used one millisecond wave slight prob persists not sure if can get around that

Just replace all sounds with blank wave, whoever's interested and wants to see had I not typed enough, I'll just .gif it out

Last edited by mistamontiel on Sat Dec 28, 2013 11:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Console Workshop All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: