ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Jaws - GE X might make him weak...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X
View previous topic :: View next topic  
oldyz

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:57 am    Post subject: Jaws - GE X might make him weak... Reply with quote Back to top

In the aztec mission In goldeneye

Jaws was pretty terrorifico.....

UNtil you learned to exploit his weakness and get up close and he becomes helpless.....

Having Jaws with the perfect dark AI is potentially scary because if you get too close you get punched by him-
(and if there is dizzy versions of the patches) the consequence is very fatal.

BUT he also would be vulnerable to the secondary punch
all you have to do is take away his assault rifles and he is a bit more helpless.

I think the only hope to avoid this is to find out why you can't take away
weapons from the skedars, and give the jaws character those values
so no matter how much you try to secondary punch him those riffles stay with him.

Result? a very lethal and truly challenging JAWS for GE X's Aztec

Trevor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Unless he delt as much damage as the skedar, then youd be in serious dodo Laughing Laughing Laughing

Funny sketch though

trev

P.S. Could you imagin wreck accidently made him skedar, he'd be flippin crazy! Laughing Laughing Laughing

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I think a man of Jaws' size and strength should be able to hang onto his weapons, even when an attempt to disarm him is made. PD never really had any boss characters, aside from the Skedar leader. With him, there was a specific way you had to defeat him. But with the bosses in GoldenEye, it's purely up to you to decide. Knocking the weapons away from them seems cheap, and removes any real challenge. They should all be able to keep a good grip on their firearms.

Oh, and guess what else makes him more threatening? You can't just loop around a set of stairs and fire at him while he tries to catch up to you. He'll be able to fire at you over those gaps, which removes your ability to kill him with that exploit. Wink

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

TH126
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
You can't just loop around a set of stairs and fire at him while he tries to catch up to you. He'll be able to fire at you over those gaps, which removes your ability to kill him with that exploit.

Darn you perfect dark engine!!!!

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It'd be very easy to match GoldenEye, by putting up obstructive clipping that blocks the AI sight along the edges. This might even be necessary for certain situations, such as in the Cradle. But, for the most part, we'll be allowing computer characters to see and fire through / over railings, as well as various gaps. It might have felt like an element of stealth to take out an enemy over a railing in GE, but it's pretty ridiculous that they can't see you when you can so clearly see them. You'll require much greater stealth this time. That also means that you can feel more proud to have completed a stage on 00 Agent mode.

Trevor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ah, I thought it would be possible, this then reminds me of an idea I had.

One of the problems we will face is 'sneakability'

My idea was that in certian situations you could 'hide'.

An example would be a window, if you stood upright then youd get seen, however if you duck right down so you could only just see over the ledge you could 'crall out of sight'. It would take a bit of calculation and would not be sutable for all areas, but places where you think, It would have been good if in these games you could crall over there withought being seen.

This came to me while multiplaying (GE), I was in facility and I was crouched but my friend saw me knealing but I still stuck out like a sore thumb. Sims in PD must 'see' this same phonomina.

Trev

armymen12002003
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

yeah trev it would be like a ambush kinda thing am i right

Last edited by armymen12002003 on Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:45 am; edited 1 time in total

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Trevor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well, in my situation I was knealing behind the bottom part of the window, I could see over but I 'thought' it would only be my head sticking up making me hard to see.
However, he came into the area opposite me and saw me take up quite a bit of the window...
I knew about the phonomanon but this instance I forgot, then had the idea about the guards and GEX where they will now see through glass and fences.

Windows, actualy does PD already have something simaler (I forget), for example would be things that the enemy could see through but if you wanted to sneek through you could hunch up on the backside of it below the ledge and pass withought being seen.

For most fowever this probably will have no bearing as we just blitz our way through levels.

Also This has no bearing on multiplayer...

Trev

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well, you do also have to remember that your eyes are a few inches lower than the top of your head, so even though you may just barely see over a ledge of a window (or similar), your forehead might be visible to other people. Peeking around a corner could potentially hide more of your body, but only if you're positioning yourself properly. Unfortunately, in this game (and most others), you don't have full control over certain stealth aspects. And when it comes to hiding yourself while seeing an opponent, it's never as sneaky as it could be in real life.

oldyz

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
Knocking the weapons away from them seems cheap, and removes any real challenge. They should all be able to keep a good grip on their firearms.

But if you completely remove the secondary Punch, does it not spoil
COMbat simulator?

I think the best is to have Some characters strong enough to hold on to them (JAWS) and some not (scientist, civilians, weak looking guards) or just plain a few random guards.

NOW - i think that aside from the Skedar value, some guards have this ability "turned on" when THEY bring out their second weapon after you take away their original.

Trevor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I dont think wreck was refering to ALL charectures but 'Bosses' only. So yeah your second statement stands.

Trev

P.S. Yeah, this was my point wreck, you don't have full control over stealth, no game does. This is why I suggested a 'simulated' version for missions only.
The limitations of only being able to 2nd crouch and move slow (no footfalls) should be abe to combine to give a 3rd simulated 'creep' mode where if theres certian cover you can hide (Unless already seen).

Im just thinking about some people who may not like the advanced PD eyes (though of cource they will stil work, id hate for them to be dissabled because what would be the point?)

P.S.S. Ive just thougt of something, one of my suggestions was for railings but I just realised that in dD Mission 1 the guy doesnt see you straight away above him anyway (unless you shoot) so actualy you can probably scrap my idea... We'll just have to see how GE missions play out before considering this.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: