ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Hi

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Goldfinger 64
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CharAznable0
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 4:48 am    Post subject: Hi Reply with quote Back to top

Can someone give me a link to dl goldfinger 64? I checked other threads and it took me to sites that I couldn't download it..

NapalmNero
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The mod never had a public release I'm guessing, because I checked the ModDB page quit a bit and never saw anything, just updates

CharAznable0
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

:/, if it was released I would think this would be really sweet, I love nothin more than shootin the hell outta GE guards

NapalmNero
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I actually don't think the project got out of early testing. Maybe it did but there was no concrete game play pictures or anything like that. Everything was still being built before the project went silent.. at least that's what I'm seeing from ModDB page and this board

acceptable67

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I was wondering the same thing. Havent heard a peep of anything from this mod

Trevor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It was not released*. Only a couple of maps and props were made.

*Im not entirly sure exactly how far on it actualy was though but like I say, Im guessing not very far at all...

Anyway, back to modeling...
Trev

radorn

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

come on men, don't talk about this as if it was already dead. It's just been some months since last public activity.
It never got released because it's not finished, since, you know... it's still a work in progress!
don't kill it so damn fast.

Don't talk about it terms of "this mod was"... it still IS... A PROJECT. It's not abandoned, just dormant because of... circumstances.

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yup this project is still going.

I'm just guesting that monkeyface is take a brake for a while.

CharAznable0
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well I can't wait for it to come out.

Trevor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I hope I didnt make it sound dead randorn, Id feel kinda stupid making models for a dead project Laughing Laughing Laughing

But yeah, liven up, itle be done eventualy...

I just wish I could/knew how to use the setu editor... I cant even make action blocks because all the hex gets in the way (For me anyway, However I also know that a lot of you lot actualy read this stuff...)
Also the help (porbably outdated now) talks in hex...

Trev

HackBond

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The project is in Statis.

It was the first conversion mod that we known of.

Without it, I think GE:X wouldn't be here.

Oh yeah, Monkeyface dissappeared off the face of the earth/forums.

[Decoy] Antenna | Control | Silo | Escape

acceptable67

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Spyster wrote:

Oh yeah, Monkeyface dissappeared off the face of the earth/forums.

Oh dear...

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Spyster wrote:
Without it, I think GE:X wouldn't be here.

I don't think I'd go that far. Zoinkity had ported three rooms from Bunker quite some time back, and I picked it up from there. I ended up porting the Car Park map, which lead to automation in the Editor, and many more stages to follow. For GE -> PD, we had the ability to port things, but not quite enough knowledge for certain aspects. The biggest hurdle was rescaling the GE levels so that they'd be the right size in PD. After documenting more on how the game works, figuring out the clipping, and Sub coming up with a method of rescaling, we were ready to go.

Goldfinger is a mod of GoldenEye, whereas GE:X is a mod of Perfect Dark. Where X takes existing things, changes their format, and imports them into another game, GF64 has to build it all from scratch. It's a totally different kind of process, which doesn't really tie together that much.

I've actually had a PM sitting in my Outbox for Monkeyface for over a month.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

00Dark

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

He's right. Since there was never a game of Goldfinger *EVERYTHING* must be created by the people working on it. They have to study the Goldfinger film, look at pictures, and try their darn best to recreate those places from the movies in a 3D modeling program. Project GoldenEye: X, however, is much easier because they are simply porting GoldenEye stuff into Perfect Dark until it is completely converted into GoldenEye.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Goldfinger 64 All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: