ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Dam [Map]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X
View previous topic :: View next topic  
crumps
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

if someone can link to a guide for importing maps I can test also. I found a sink clip in Goldfinger64 and I can try to find them in this map.

AL64inthedark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

There's 2 problems with Dam multiplayer :
1/ Performance.
2/ It's not fun.

Like they did for GE: Source, the dam itself is not a good setup for multiplayer because it's just a huge straight line; There's a reason why with the hundreds of multiplayer games available, not a single game has straight lines like that.

So, if a Dam map is beeing done, it would be something like what they did for source (which is a very well thought map).

MRKane

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

crumps wrote:
if someone can link to a guide for importing maps I can test also. I found a sink clip in Goldfinger64 and I can try to find them in this map.

Here's the official tutorial for importing the map. I couldn't get textures to work and you've got to mess around a little with visibility.

Pertaining to the sunk tiles it turns out they weren't flagged as "walkable" for some odd reason, but they were still...erm...wadeable?

I'm sure I'll hear from Wreck when he finally gets around to addressing this as levels always need little tweaks to get them functioning. It's just my favourite one, I should say I've a history with it Smile

Gamma
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I think the Dam map would be alot of fun in multiplayer. Someone said that it is too linear for it to be fun. There is some truth to it. But the actual Dam portion of the Dam map would be fantastic for the Snipers weapon set. And also I think Dam FZ Front Zone would be the best multiplayer map. The first 3 sections have really cool bunkers and pillboxes. It is like a battle playground. I strongly encourage Wreck to make a Dam multiplayer map into Goldeneye X. I wanna purcase a Goldeneye X reproduction cart and play it on a real n64. I already purchased a Goldfinger N64 reproduction cart from Etsy website. Keep up the good work Wreck!

MRKane

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Could I strongly suggest that you purchase a backup cart such as the Everdrive 64? I'll be a lot more useful to you in the long run as both of these product are prone to change Wink

pavarini
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Gamma wrote:
I wanna purcase a Goldeneye X reproduction cart and play it on a real n64. I already purchased a Goldfinger N64 reproduction cart from Etsy website. Keep up the good work Wreck!

Why not use your everdrive that you purchased?

Gamma
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I bought an ED64 and it doesn't work.

MRKane

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

While this isn't the everdrive forums - in which respect does it not work? Generally I've found that almost everything (bar water damage) is fixable with them and the guys on the forum are very passionate about them so are usually spot on with their help.

Gamma
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It's an ED64 not an Everdrive. And the SD card won't fit inside properly. It's like the hole is way to big compared to the SD card.

mistamontiel

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Almost thought you were the guy who settled for inferior and bought a knockoff Everdrive

Your post on 9/26/17 says ye've got the Everdrive

Idea Sorries if I misinterpret

EDIT: 0mG burn it with fire lad and get a real one Cool

Last edited by mistamontiel on Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:38 am; edited 1 time in total

Gamma
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I forgot which one but I have ED64.

Graslu
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The EverDrive-64 is an ED64. You have an EverDrive, now we don't know what version since I believe it has three.

You need a SD card, not a micro SD card which is probably what you have, get an adapter and it'll fit fine. Also make sure you're not trying to put it in backwards. If it doesn't boot, make sure the switch inside (you can see it through the SD card slot) is set to your console's region.

After that simply drop the modded ROM and change the save settings so GF64 can work. GEX should work right away.

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Graslu00
Discord: https://discord.gg/tksttVC

MRKane

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've repaired a couple that had shoddy cuts for the SD card slot so you may have to be a little particular about putting the card in to make sure that it's seated down well and not crooked.

That's one of the risks if you get one off of someone who decided to assemble one themselves Sad

Trevor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

He is the guy that bought the ED64 Plus
Gamma Posted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:33 pm Subject: Newb Intringued Questions wrote:

Hello, I just ordered a Chinese ED64 Flash Cart for $70. I wanted to ask some questions about ROM hacking, as I know nothing about it. How hard would it be to do the following?

You will not get support on the ED forums (unless you try to bluff your way round, but don't expect any debug program to work in it)
Its like going to the ED forums asking for help on a 64Drive, they wont, its a competitors hardware and none of their concern.

Since the plus is based on a pre-release/beta EDv1 you will definatly not have a switch. Also, you need to make sure it actually contains a CIC chip.
You should be able to install EDOSv1.0 but none of the updates since Krikzz added product protection so that his OS would NOT run on the plus. (Why would he help the competition who stole his PCB plans)

Trev

Graslu
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Oh well, guess that explains why it won't run GF64 or GEX.
Should go cheap on backup devices.

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Graslu00
Discord: https://discord.gg/tksttVC

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 10 of 11

Jump to: