ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

GE Cradle [FUTURE] improvements?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ryani
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The explosions was a good idea though, parts of the original game was changed around, like Alec's lines in the Cradle being from Statue Park.. could try and make the script more accurate, take lines from the movie and put them in the right levels, extended cutscenes between missions etc.

But this would be after all the porting, I wouldn't mind helping out there though. I can quote nearly the entire movie with accents as it is XD

Trevor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hmm, good idea Ryan. I think Rare did it this way to sort of ... bang quotes at you, therefore making you take longer if you wanted to find them all out. As I remember Trevellion does'nt say all that much on the cradel, apart from the end: "For England James...?"..."AHHHHHH!!!!!"

But if you were to go this far then I think that the battle should also be fought differently - Hand to Hand. Smile
GE couldn't do this but since GEX will, it would be a great little mod to fit the story in entirety.

Actualy, that would be quite a challenge, espesualy if dizzyness was there...

Wreck, Im glad you like the Smartness idea (is this the pads?)

Oh, no problem Oldies. The reason I picked you up for it is because we're on opposite sides of the line on this topic. By missing the comma you 'made me' agree to something I was actualy against. Smile

Trev

oldyz

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

the hand to hand combat mentioned could be possible -
to a degree -

i have never seen a simulant use the secondary attack to knock the weapon of your hand - i don't know if a "switch" could be enabled to allow Trevelyan to use mostly secondary punches when you are on the finale platform.

since the A I of perfect D makes enemies punch you as soon as you are within close distance, it is high probability that he will punch players at close range-

if he knocks weapons of your hand , you will be forced to try and take his away too, and since weapons have tendency to fall away, they might fall to the void, and so the fight becomes a hand to hand combat.

Another method would be to Enable a small N-bomb damage value to the top of the stairs of the final platform - this should activate as soon as Trevelyan falls through the hole - the Nbomb damage will knock your weapons off your hands when you touch the top of the ladder area.
this is easy countered - good players will just prepare by choosing a sacrifice weapon and quickly choosing another.

@ Ryani

The explosions -
you have to understand that I mean that you would be forced to Run away from actual explosions - from the console rooms, down the ramps to the final pad room to the platform -

how can this be made i don't know - it would require for grenade or timed Mine objects to suddenly appear all at the right distances - enogh distance to kill the slugish
the "correct" console explodes because of the overload, and this triggers the rest of the explosions - players that instantly run will not see them - but feel them with the rumble pack- turn around and see is pretty much death.

Trevor - these things are very unlikely, I'm just hoping years later someone might make them , i can try but i would need lots of help from the rest of the guys-
Will they be around 3 5 6 year from now still modding the games?

if i had Wreck's/Subdrag's skills i would not say anything and just churn out all kinds of mods and then make changes if we hear a bunch of the better players say its impossible to beat-
just like the wii Goldeneye issue - there can't be judging until we actually play the things.

the randomness thing is meant to make players angry, mad and crazy -
and im sure it will take a crazy player not to quit the mission and take a stab at the ugly situations.

Trevor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

"I have never seen a simulant use the secondary attack to knock the weapon of your hand "

Your joking!? Realy?

It happenes to me all the time when I mix it with them.

Trev

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I can't stand when Sims knock my weapon away, it is so annoying. I don't know if all difficulty types do it, but the harder ones definitely do. And they don't hesitate to abuse that ability.

However, I don't know if I ever recall being disarmed by a character during a mission. N-Bombs will do it, but can enemies even perform that function?

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

oldyz

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry i did not mean simulant - i meant solo mission enemies.

If simulant values can be assigned to mission Trevelyan - the chances of him knocking down your gun are greater -
the only problem is - i think simulants only use the special punches when they are unarmed.
Mission enemies punch you even when they have guns.

So the ideal would be for Mission Trevelyan to :

1-Still have his assault rifle like in the original
2- Surprise! get too close and he punches you and the punch takes away your weapons
3- You take away his weapons
4- platform fight becomes Slap festival
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The n bomb damage would have to be made to happen by making hidden
proximity N-bombs appear (at the right time more preferable) at the hole of the final showdown pad.
the explosions would have to be made invisible and small for them to be the most hidden, but big enough to knock your weapon at the entry point or a little bit ahead of the entry point.

i also remember there is this radiation damage from datadyne labs, this damage could be made in to n-bomb damage and affect a piece of the entry area so it takes away your guns.

making mano mano combat more likely.

the problem is this radiation damage - that it looks like it can be contained -
is more useful for the FAcility for the gas.

Camaro
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I think we should keep the mission the same in GE:X, and then someone can make a custom mission for Cradle as a separate patch.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, this is really starting to take an incredibly dramatic change from the original. Not that I mind hearing the ideas, because I do, I just don't know how many of them will make it into the final product. You're free to make modifications later on in a custom release, though.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: