ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

So folks, who's actually in for this?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> James Bond Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  

You interested in GEWii?
Yep.
16%
 16%  [ 3 ]
Somewhat.
61%
 61%  [ 11 ]
Nope.
22%
 22%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 18

ZacharyDCCLXXVII
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:29 pm    Post subject: So folks, who's actually in for this? Reply with quote Back to top

When this thing was first announced, I was really pessimistic about it. I honestly hated the entire thing, as I wanted the GoldenEye port Rare/4J made to be released on both XBLA and WiiWare (maybe even PSN since Activision was in control), but no dice.

Some things still irk me, like there being barely any real "cheats" (hell, DK Mode's gone, and Paintball comes in three colors. Kind of sad), regenerative health, and just the overall look and feel of today's generic FPS. The original awesome soundtrack is gone, as well.

But it's not a direct port. Should've smartened up about that sooner.

Half of me wishes this'd tank, as maybe we'd all get that straight port. Doubt it, heavily, but I can dream. I'm hoping it'll be fun, though. The other half seriously wants this to be good.

I think it'll be fun, but I doubt it'll be as great as GoldenEye N64 was and still is. Even with the crap framerate and the worn analog stick, I still love playing it. I'm going through the missions on every difficulty right now (beaten on Agent, four left on Secret Agent, and fourteen left on 00 Agent, not including Aztec/Egyptian).

I've got hope in it. Anyone else remotely interested?

fantsu

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Somewhat, of course.
Seen the gameplay, doesn't look good, but Goldeneye is Goldeneye. Even with Daniel Craig (that I don't like that much).

NapalmNero
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I feel what's been shown has strayed me too far away from the game, not to mention throw in my stance on Modern First Person Shooters and it isn't a game I would enjoy.

The game was fine the way it was, the reason we liked it so much was because it was an old game and it was a trip down memory lane whenever you played it. Yes the XLBA remake looked nice, but that's because it was A remake. This "wiimake" just wants to put the name back out there, so they took the original game and updated it, however "updating it" turned into throwing in GoldenEye levels into a Call of Duty game.

Yeah yeah, we have the characters and they tried to keep it the same while having a nice reboot to go with it. But.. just.. I can't see myself enjoying it or even wanting to play it.

tl,dr version:
Nope, I didn't like Modern Warfare the first time around, slapping GoldenEye on it sure as hell isn't gonna make me like it period.

oldyz

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

it will be a nice challenge,

Ollo or fumbles will probably get an
"economy version" of it and if its good at least we might get
the original thing.

Grey market original but original anyway.

it runs like call of duty , don't like it much
but at least the
"Bond factor" will make it a bit easier to swallow.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Somewhat.

I think I'm more interested in seeing what they do to the missions. How many changes there are, what levels are new, how badly they screw up the classics left in. It seemed like this had such great potential, but these previews keep leaving me with a bitter taste in my mouth. There's no doubt that I'll end up playing it, but whether or not I'll like it is still in the air. I just know that I haven't enjoyed much of what I've seen online.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Somewhat. I was kind of excited when it was first announced, a lot more than I thought I'd be, seeing the updated Dam and all. I got more excited about this than I ever did for the XBLA port. Now though, I'm on a bit of a budget, and this remake is pretty far down my list of games I want to pick up. I haven't even played anything on my Wii in a few months now, I've really gotten back into PC gaming.

armymen12002003
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

in a way it looks cool but nintendo should have also released the xbox port so xbox players of the new gen would get a little taste of 90's gaming.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
EternallyAries

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome to the forums ZacharyDCCLXXVII.

well all im going to say is that this game is not for everone.

To me i like how its comeing a long it give us something to play.

And to other its not a full remake and i agree with them but they will never change it.

Im just hopeing the misons are going to be good and the muti and online is going to be good thats all im hopeing for.

I hope one day that rare will come out with the rill Goldeneye Game for wii and X Box.

fantsu

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
Somewhat.

I think I'm more interested in seeing what they do to the missions. How many changes there are, what levels are new, how badly they screw up the classics left in. It seemed like this had such great potential, but these previews keep leaving me with a bitter taste in my mouth. There's no doubt that I'll end up playing it, but whether or not I'll like it is still in the air. I just know that I haven't enjoyed much of what I've seen online.

This.

I'd love to see new missions and ideas.
WHY?
Because those (the good ones) can be used on projects we have here (Goldfinger64, custom maps, even GE X).

Yep, stealing ideas (whats wrong with that?!? Gaming companies do it everyday!)
Laughing

ZacharyDCCLXXVII
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Glad to see that the majority's on the fence like me. Thanks for the welcome as well, Aries.

I dunno, with everyone talking about how the port should be released, why doesn't someone make a GoldenEye remake (a la Sonic Fan Remix)? Someone suggested that on another forum, and I actually think it could be pulled off.

I kind of want to make my own GoldenEye-esque FPS, though. Tossing around ideas at the moment while waiting for the Wii version to finally get tossed out itself.

There are two reasons I want to get it: A) To take one for the GEN64 fans I know, so they don't have to pay for it, and B) To see if it's really as bad as I think it'll be.

I also want to go back and compare the N64 GoldenEye to the film, and after going through the Wii GoldenEye, I'd like to compare it to both the N64 version and the film.

Last edited by ZacharyDCCLXXVII on Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

oldyz

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Zach , thank you very much for this sonic fangame thing....

it looks really good, i can't find now how it is made, is it java or flash?
or some kind of deconstructed sonic 4 program engine?

Well as for a fan made Goldneye GE X seems like a good promise....

We just wish that the fan work was done on the XBLA port rather than the old n64 format.

still, if a fan made game can be made that replicates perfectly the N64 game-play i hope my eyes can see it.

MRKane

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Somewhat.

I know I'll end up renting it and giving it a quick blast. Possibly the biggest mistake they've made so far is that they didn't talk with anyone from these forums! When you think about it, it's impossible to replicate the following that Goldeneye has. Not only was it a first of it's kind, but it's on a collected console, and most of all - it's full of mystery that stems back to the core (beta versions etc.) you just can't make that sort of thing.

Antares_Commander
Agent
Agent

Location: In space, fightingg the Galactic Empire under the Emperor, whilst trying to figure out the PD editor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Personally, when I see people complain about it being a generic shooter, I see one of the good points of not buying many shooters...

I haven't even PLAYED any "generic modern shooters," so my first one won't be "generic" to me...

I'm looking forward to this, but I'm also looking at the 3DS... choices, choices, choices...

Ryani
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm torn. On the one hand, multiplayer will be about as fun as root canal. With a clumsy, one-eyed dentist who throws up when he sees blood.

On the other, everything I've seen from one player just looks like an excellent modern revision of the movie. Hearing the leaked title theme gave me chills (even though the singer ruined most of 2006 for me, she proved she can sound very similar to Tina Turner if she wants to), and it even sucked less than the starting credits of the last Craig movies. There were naked sillhoettes swimming again!

So. I will buy the game, simply to play this as an interactive movie, and hopefully they haven't messed up the story too bad. I mean, the main plot was really good, so if they've managed to make it as good as the 95 version... which I hope they will have, since the original writer wrote it XD

Gameplay... well, as long as one player doesn't take away from the story, it's cool.

I will just not touch multi with a ten-foot stick. I'd rather have the stick inserted in a place best left unmentioned, tbh (Y)

EDIT: And what are you guys on about, did you listen to the music playing in the videos? Granted it was quiet, but it was modelled on THE ORIGINAL MOVIE SOUNDTRACK. Stop acting like it's a remake of the video game, BE BOND FANS, NOT VIDEO GAME FANS and it doesn't seem so bad. It's an atrocity in video game standards, but might be the best Craig Bond thing to be released. To date.

jaygriggs
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:59 pm    Post subject: Playing it Reply with quote Back to top

Well like everyone I was on the fence
I would have rather had xbla version considering they did pd well
The action thats on the new one that was just a real quick clip on the n64 is cool but I dont think it will live up to the hype when its all said and done
Oh and im using the gamecube controller and so far It just sucks I havent messed with the settings too much yet hopefully I can get them to atleast be accurate
really hate the health change too

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> James Bond Games All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: