ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

So folks, who's actually in for this?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> James Bond Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  

You interested in GEWii?
Yep.
16%
 16%  [ 3 ]
Somewhat.
61%
 61%  [ 11 ]
Nope.
22%
 22%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 18

ZacharyDCCLXXVII
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Glad I didn't vote. Wouldn't have had to change my "Somewhat" to a "No". I watched a live-stream of the main campaign and some recorded videos of multi-player. Quick notes:

-Multi-player is pretty much CoD. The resemblance is uncanny. Leveling/EXP, load-outs, perks, one/two-hit melee kills. But hey, least there's no kill/death-streaks.

-Single-player has gone from eighteen small levels with two secret levels, to six long levels. Comparing the old levels, they have been mixed together, had their order switched around, or in the case of Silo, completely removed.

-The final battle against Trevelyan was kind of sad. The player kept walking up to him and meleeing him while he just stood behind cover. After about five smacks, he'd run a few feet to the next hiding spot, where he'd melee him again.

Shouldn't have expected much from this, but I did anyway. Meh.

Ryani
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

*Puts on hat, mustache and magnifying glass*

Silo and Caverns were Rare-created levels and were therefore unlikely to be used from the start. By putting the EMP-resistant helicopter at the Dam, they have cut out the gap of seven years between this mission and the Goldeneye theft, cutting out Surface/Bunker #1 and Frigate. I guess that keeps the storyline towards Bond finding the helicopter/006 dying, learning of the Janus group through finding Zukovsky, meeting 006 and getting captured, going to the Archives and breaking out, saving Natalya in the streets, going to Cuba, destroying the Antenna. That's six parts? Without having played/seen the game, I can see what they've done <.<

EDIT: WHY IS THE REST MISSING D:<

Last edited by Ryani on Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

ZacharyDCCLXXVII
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I know all of this, Ryani. Ditto why Aztec and Egyptian aren't in this. I just grew tired of avoiding comparing it to the old game.

And yes, six missions. Saw them listed on the live-stream. Also, Archives came before Statue, which confused the hell out of me.

Also, haven't seen the 007 Classic mode yet. I'd at least like to see that.

Ryani
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It cut off some of my post. Bugger.

Well, it isn't the old game. It's the old movie XD They're using the old game to sell it >.>

Either way, classic mode seems to be the same, except with health and body armour. Which is GOOD. I'll use that. Does that mode come default?

Anyway, I've seen a bit more of the game now, so I'm pretty sure it's divided into 7 years ago, nightclub, dubai, severnaya, st. petersburg and Cuba. At least I think it's still Cuba >:

*spoiler*

False vodka now? What happened to fast cars? And the whole entendre scene is reduced to nothing ):

Where is this live stream? So much for me NOT seeing the game before I played it, I always ruin these things for me.

This game is reminding me more of Nightfire and Rogue Agent fused. Not bad compared to some of the other post-TWINE games, but still awful. What can you expect, the gaming industry has changed too much <.<

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wow only 8 minsons thats very bad and plus the other 2 secret levels.

I can't believe my eye on this game. Shocked

The game look so good but way to small to play.

They need to update it and add download content or something or this game is going to die fast

Very fast. Laughing

PaRaDoX

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I don't know about all the naysayers but all reviews I've seen gave this game good grades.I'm glad I stood by this game and I will definitely buy it.
"You want the original?Go hook you your n64."

@Etternal: Yeah I would like to see DLC.Not sure if it's possible on Wii though

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yes you can download stuff for some games.

Like GH5 for the price of 2 to 5 dollar you can download a song or song pack.

PaRaDoX

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

@ Eternal: oh but I mean full maps or new characters.

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Oh my bad lol.

I don't if you can sents downloading like that are very big so im gesting no.

NapalmNero
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I just saw the reception of the game.. and it's above average. Everyone is saying " The game is something new.. it isn't riding on the originals coat tails." etc. etc.

I feel this is just biased because of the Name and the Engine. But maybe not.. maybe this could be a good game.

But.. I'm just not seeing it

ZacharyDCCLXXVII
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

For the quotes of "If you want the original, plug in your N64", that's just what I've done for the past while. Still trying to beat the game on 00 Agent.

Doesn't stop us from bitching about this terrible excuse of a game.

Single player is like CoD, constantly holding your hand with indicators for grenades and objectives, radars pointing out every little thing. As for the multi-player, it's CoD through and through. One/two-hit melee kills, load-outs, perks...

It's nothing new at all, it's just the same old damned FPS with a Bond skin, something my friends kept saying the entire time but something I ignored unfortunately. If it's not a cash-in of the name, I'd like to know what it is.

Oh, and here's a picture about paintball in both games that I made just for laughs.

NapalmNero
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

After doing some more reading of the reviews and browsing around the net. I'm literally shaking.. I am so pissed off right now.. no I'm not kidding or exaggerating.

I feel insulted.. now every 12 year old COD fanboy will be crying that "TEH ORIGINAL SUX CUZ LIEK IT's OLD!!!"

I'm starting to loose faith in gaming

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It looks to be receiving an average of 8.5 out of 10.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

Jedi QuestMaster
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I stopped caring what people think about things I hate a long time ago.

ie.

Anti-N64, Pro PS1 fanbase
EA Football Clones Mad
AVGN Evil or Very Mad

Same goes for things I like:

ie.

N64 Cruis'n USA Smile
Super Mario Bros. movie Shocked

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> James Bond Games All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: