ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

terrorist

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X
View previous topic :: View next topic  
armymen12002003
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:13 pm    Post subject: terrorist Reply with quote Back to top

hey r u guys guys gonna use the terrorist head in the missions?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I don't know if other people would want to chew me out for it, but I would like to utilize the balaclava (Terrorist) head in the Frigate. It makes the most sense of any mission for it to appear in. A large group of mercenaries hijack a sea-going vessel, take hostages, plant bombs on board, and are preparing to steal an experimental helicopter? You'd think they would be wearing masks in a situation like that.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The only thing I don't like about the idea of using it is how it's just one face. It would need to be used sparingly.

armymen12002003
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
I don't know if other people would want to chew me out for it, but I would like to utilize the balaclava (Terrorist) head in the Frigate. It makes the most sense of any mission for it to appear in. A large group of mercenaries hijack a sea-going vessel, take hostages, plant bombs on board, and are preparing to steal an experimental helicopter? You'd think they would be wearing masks in a situation like that.

lets just hope nobody chews you out for it & what about the biker it would make the most sense for it to apper in the runway level cause as i recall in the movie the biker also helped chased down bond on the runway

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'd like to have the Biker in the Runway, as I'd also prefer using the motorbike over the tank. The tank was great fun and all, but having another vehicle - the same type as Bond used in the film - would be better. If you're going to steal a bike from somebody, they're probably going to be a biker. The bigger issue is that it makes it a lot harder to take out those heavy gun emplacements at the end of the strip. I have ideas about that too, but I won't bother getting into it.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Also, I don't think the balaclava only having one specific set of eyes is that distracting. I mean, we're already used to seeing a random assortment of four different heads in a single mission, which are shared by both the Janus Marines and the Naval Officers. Seeing a hostage being held up by his twin brother can be pretty amusing, but I'd rather see masked men on board terrorizing the ship instead.

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I wud love to see the Frigate level to have the Terrorist heads use in the game.

Makes me wonder why Rare never use the Terrorist in Goldeneye?.

Trevor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Great idea, espesualy since the origonal level didnt fit the movie anyway Smile
Some Janus Mercineries might have their heads uncovered (those not with hostages) due to... hmm, temperature. Laughing

Imposible/improbable but I wanted to air it, Imagin utalising the Ships Gun or missile launchers Laughing Laughing Laughing

Trev

P.S. has anyone ever thought that it would have been beter if it were actualy in montecarlo bay?
The breifing states it is but clearly its out in the middle of the Atlantic...

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Putting the vessel out in the middle of nowhere makes it a lot easier on performance. With no surrounding architecture, only the boat rooms need to be loaded in. If you added in a dock, some land, and additional background buildings, it'd take a big hit out of the level. It already consumes a ton of texture memory, and is prone to blackouts in multiplayer. It'd definitely look cool, but looks only go so far when the game runs at 2fps. Razz

armymen12002003
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
Also, I don't think the balaclava only having one specific set of eyes is that distracting. I mean, we're already used to seeing a random assortment of four different heads in a single mission, which are shared by both the Janus Marines and the Naval Officers. Seeing a hostage being held up by his twin brother can be pretty amusing, but I'd rather see masked men on board terrorizing the ship instead.
yes so would i wreck i hope you'll be puttin him on the frigate level

armymen12002003
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

wasn't xenia supposed to be on the frigate in the original level?

Camaro
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

iirc Xenia is mentioned in the mission briefing, and there is speculation that she may have been intended to be in the mission based on unused pads and the layout of the map.

armymen12002003
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

oh ok

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: